Kings @ Magic Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bibbinator said:
Agree. Check out 82games.com's Roland Ratings

http://82games.com/rolandratings0304.htm

Miller is number 3 on the list of 50. That means he is the most critical factor in the success of the team. Peja is next at number 26. Getting them back together on the court is going to make a big difference. They would have won with Miller tonight.
Correction. Those are 2003/2004 stats!!!

http://82games.com/0405SAC.HTM are 2004/2005.

In either case, Miller seems really valuable.

ReinadelosReys said:
Your hatred is unlike any I have ever seen. I feel sorry for you-pity actually.
Why would I care about a sixer ? And those are pure stats, not an opinion. Are the stats haters as well ?

KP said:
Not this year, even when he was playing.
That could be because he barley plays anymore so he is rusty, pair that with an aging body and that may explain it.

I do remember him disrupting the opposing pg pretty well though.

sloter said:
Why would I care about a sixer ? And those are pure stats, not an opinion. Are the stats haters as well ?
For someone who doesn't care about a sixer, you sure mention him ALOT, it is even in your sig. Denial?

BullKing said:
that and a players always seem to have career nights against us....especially in rebounding...geez i wonder why :rolleyes:

It's the lack of interior D and weak rebounding that seems to kill the Kings.
shouldn't we have improved on this in the webber trade???

Mad D said:
That could be because he barley plays anymore so he is rusty, pair that with an aging body and that may explain it.

I do remember him disrupting the opposing pg pretty well though.
I am talking about the start of the year before he was injured he was having trouble stopping anybody, people speculated it was because of his abdominal injury, you don't remember that?

KP said:
I keep seeing guys waltz down the lane UNCONTESTED! Someone needs to rotate. I keep seeing the other team get rebounds on MISSED FREE THROWS! Someone needs to box out. I see Howard having a career huge night against us doing what ever he wants inside and it's not cause guys are having to help... CAUSE THEY AREN"T HELPING! Our D sucks inside and out period.
You do know what happens when our bigs rotate to the penetration. They challenge the shot of guards which puts them out of position to grab the rebound. This is one of the things that lead to our poor rebounding, when the fowards leave their man to help out on the penetration. It puts too much stress on interior D when our pemiter guys do not guard their guys.

Last edited:

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
iheartBrad said:
what i really think is pathetic is how last night it was like "oh are interior d was promising" "we now became a better rebounding team"

and now after tonights loss its "this team is pathetic" "we lack interior D" "we are a weak rebounding team"

which is it folks?
A few of us pointed out last night that the Cats were not a great rebounding team and that the Kings short line up played well. Tonight against a better team that cuts to the paint more and had more size the lack of interior D cost the Kings, and -11 boards is jsut horrible. No team giving up that many board can expect to win no matter how well they shoot. This should get much beter once Brad is back in the line up, and I expcet Tag will log a few min against Shaq on Friday. which compleetly changes the situation in terms of interior D and boards.

AleksandarN said:
You do know what happens when our bigs rotate to the penetration. He challenges the shot of guards which them put in out of place to grab the rebound. This is one of the things that lead to our poor rebounding, when the fowards leave their man to help out on the penetration. It puts too much stress on interior D when our pemiter guys do not guard their guys.
They aren't rotating.

Mad D said:
I took that as the given variable
fair enough. I think we are kinda missing the point, in the NBA it takes an above average defender to consistantly get in front of his man on the perimeter(I can count the guys that can on one hand). Watch any game and most gaurds can get a half step by their man when they go to the hole. The frontline has to show and get back, it's fundemental basketball. Steve Francis can get by anybody in the NBA he wants to, at any time, thats a fact. I wouldn't call Nelson slow either, in fact his first step off the dribble is prob his greatest asset.

KP said:
They aren't rotating.
All I am saying is that they do rotate and when they do it causes our defensive system to go down the drain. It is the fault of the guards for allowing the penetration in the first place once we cut down the penetration our interior D will shine.

blame this one on not having Brad, and all the new guys. The rotation thing is a good point, that's definitely the symptom of guys not knowing each other yet. Our D and rebounding will improve, hopefully, given time and (fingers crossed) healthy players.

AleksandarN said:
All I am saying is that they do rotate and when they do it causes our defensive system to go down the drain. It is the fault of the guards for allowing the penetration in the first place once we cut down the penetration our interior D will shine.
They need to do a better Job, no doubt. But if you think the Big guys are not at least half responsible because they can't decide what to do in there too you're crazy.

KP said:
fair enough. I think we are kinda missing the point, in the NBA it takes an above average defender to consistantly get in front of his man on the perimeter(I can count the guys that can on one hand). Watch any game and most gaurds can get a half step by their man when they go to the hole. The frontline has to show and get back, it's fundemental basketball. Steve Francis can get by anybody in the NBA he wants to, at any time, thats a fact. I wouldn't call Nelson slow either, in fact his first step off the dribble is prob his greatest asset.
It comes down to mainly positional defense. That is the key some players may be fast then but if you cut down the angles you have more controll to way the oppposition goes. The way the guards are playing they let offensive player dicate the action. A good defender will limit the options of the offensive player.

shouldn't we have improved on this in the webber trade???
yes, I blame it on RA, we have the players to play Defense, not great, but sufficient D. It's up to RA to make them play some D. IMO, RA is just not a defense oriented coach....i say fire RA :D ;) j/k but seriously RA needs to get these guys to play D

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
kperica said:
blame this one on not having Brad, and all the new guys. The rotation thing is a good point, that's definitely the symptom of guys not knowing each other yet. Our D and rebounding will improve, hopefully, given time and (fingers crossed) healthy players.
Bingo! Interior D is aobut size and knowing your rotation assingments and that comes form practice with a sysem. This lay up exibition is honestly what you SHOULD expect when you have 3 undersized new guys in the front court with no legit center.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Some good news for a change.

Lakers lost and Wolves on a good way to join them

Everybody is playing for the kings but Kings :eek:

AleksandarN said:
It comes down to mainly positional defense. That is the key some players may be fast then but if you cut down the angles you have more controll to way the oppposition goes. The way the guards are playing they let offensive player dicate the action. A good defender will limit the options of the offensive player.
I don't disagree with you completely what I'm saying is yes the perimeter D sucks, it's horrible, it's terrible! But so does interior D, both before the trade and now.

Status
Not open for further replies.