Kings @ Magic Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andriod_KiNg said:
What in the hell are u talking about... Look at C-Webb , hes doing horrible in the Sixers while the new guys are doing great here.. we just got outplayed..
I'm talking about "sucks" from my perspective --- CWebb is doing horrible as a Sixer, I'd agree. Makes some of his last performances as a King look rosy. Frustrating for me as a fan.

Frustrating also to see the Kings lose to the Bobcats (albeit shorthanded) and then the Magic (albeit as Peja's first game back). Doing well enough to stay in 5th, but not well enough to move up to 4th at this point, and starting off the playoffs on the road against the Mavs is not the best place to start, imho.

And you're right...I guess it's alright to take solace in the fact that the Kings *merely* got outplayed.

zeke04 said:
bibby needs to mix in some defense and play like a real point guard and get the ball to the guy how is shooting well.
I agree on D, but I wouldn't criticize Bibby right now. He is the one who is missing Webber the most and he will need to make adjustments. Let's be patient, because we do know that over the long term Bibby is the man to run this offence.

KP said:
I really need to know so please answer me honestly 4Cwebb... do you really think Offense was the reason the Kings lost tonight?
Did I make any mention of offense being the reason that the Kings lost? Nope. Just pointing out that even with CWebb, ballhog and offense clogger, gone Peja only got 12 shots. I'm expecting AV to jump all over this to show some consistency. Not ripping either Bibby or Peja.

Truth be told, I could care less who gets all the shots, as long as the player taking them is making them. I'd have much preferred to see Peja get a few more shots since he was shooting so well, but since I couldn't watch the game I've no idea if he had the opportunities. I also recognize that his 11 free throws point to 4 or 5 more shots that he would have had were it not for the fouls.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Andriod_KiNg said:
What in the hell are u talking about... Look at C-Webb , hes doing horrible in the Sixers while the new guys are doing great here.. we just got outplayed..
46 points in the paint is not doing great. Yest their collective offense is nice but he now havea welcom mat under the hoop. This trade was never intended to make the Kings better THIS season and folks that want to argue it did have an agenda. Those of us that are tying to be fair simply hope it improved the bench enough to make the over all team competitive despite injuries, lets be honest the trade was about trade flexablity in the off season.

sloter said:
i can't wait to watch the game on friday ... and i really hope this rebounding effort was this crappy only because Brad wasn't there.
Agree. Check out 82games.com's Roland Ratings

http://82games.com/rolandratings0304.htm

Miller is number 3 on the list of 50. That means he is the most critical factor in the success of the team. Peja is next at number 26. Getting them back together on the court is going to make a big difference. They would have won with Miller tonight.

HndsmCelt said:
46 points in the paint is not doing great. Yest their collective offense is nice but he now havea welcom mat under the hoop. This trade was never intended to make the Kings better THIS season and folks that want to argue it did have an agenda. Those of us that are tying to be fair simply hope it improved the bench enough to make the over all team competitive despite injuries, lets be honest the trade was about trade flexablity in the off season.
True

bibbinator said:
Agree. Check out 82games.com's Roland Ratings

http://82games.com/rolandratings0304.htm

Miller is number 3 on the list of 50. That means he is the most critical factor in the success of the team. Peja is next at number 26. Getting them back together on the court is going to make a big difference. They would have won with Miller tonight.
Fair enough!

Speaking of which ... amazing:
[size=-1]Webber had -0.8 on court, +6.5 off court. ouch.[/size]

Last edited:
It seems every team the Kings play is hot
that and a players always seem to have career nights against us....especially in rebounding...geez i wonder why :rolleyes:

It's the lack of interior D and weak rebounding that seems to kill the Kings.

piksi said:
No it was not.

It was the inability of our guards to play D and the inability of the team to get a rebound.

Brad we really need you

You got that right. This game is a perfect example of how bad our defense really is. I mean when Nelson scores 19 points something has to give.

AleksandarN said:
You got that right. This game is a perfect example of how bad our defense really is. I mean when Nelson scores 19 points something has to give.
I thought the one thing we could count on with this trade was that our interior D would improve. I even though it would, What is going on?

Heuge said:
Can you imagine this board if Webber had missed the shot Peja did tonight?
Actually, I don't remember missing a clutch shot this season, or ever since the playoffs against the Wolves. He got enough credit in that department, so the reactions probably wouldn't be that bad... it's the horrible shooting nights when he just keeps jacking up more and more shots that drove people insane.

KP said:
4cwebb said:
Just pointing out that even with CWebb, ballhog and offense clogger
How long are you gonna rip Webb now that he's gone?
Nice quote out of context --- who's ripping him? I have a general disdain for the use of emoticons, so it may not have been clear, but I was being sarcastic. I'm one of the biggest CWebb homers on the board.

what i really think is pathetic is how last night it was like "oh are interior d was promising" "we now became a better rebounding team"

and now after tonights loss its "this team is pathetic" "we lack interior D" "we are a weak rebounding team"

which is it folks?

BullKing said:
It's the lack of interior D and weak rebounding that seems to kill the Kings.
Defense should start at the perimeter (which is where the ball initially comes from), Bobby Jackson covered up that weakness.

KP said:
I thought the one thing we could count on with this trade was that our interior D would improve. I even though it would, What is going on?
It was not our interior D that was a problem it was our permiter D that screwed us over

AleksandarN said:
It was not our interior D that was a problem it was our permiter D that screwed us over
I keep seeing guys waltz down the lane UNCONTESTED! Someone needs to rotate. I keep seeing the other team get rebounds on MISSED FREE THROWS! Someone needs to box out. I see Howard having a career huge night against us doing what ever he wants inside and it's not cause guys are having to help... CAUSE THEY AREN"T HELPING! Our D sucks inside and out period.

Status
Not open for further replies.