[Game] Kings @ Magic, 3/26/2022 4pm Pacific, 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's truly fascinating is that Sacramento is somehow the one team in the league that never manages to turn a late-season surge into something meaningful the following season. Any other team puts together a run down the stretch, it becomes something they can build on. The Kings? Anything that happens in this late rally will be worth dust, seven months from now.
We’re building momentum, chemistry, confidence, a winning culture, etc.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 16 times, shame on…me?

"Highly possible" is Washington losing out and us going 4-3? HUH???

Since it's highly possible, I'll charity bet whatever you want we don't fall below 7th in the lotto standings.
Highly possible is 30-40% odds. I didn’t say likely but it isn’t impossible. If we win our next 3 versus an imploding Miami and Houston back to back let’s talk about that charity bet.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
lol @ playing Barnes 40 minutes

This franchise will never learn. Rack up those wins at the end of every year to absolutely ensure they won't get a top 5 pick. It's like clockwork. The definition of insanity.
To be fair, Harrison was once again doing more to help the team lose than win.

lol @ playing Barnes 40 minutes

This franchise will never learn. Rack up those wins at the end of every year to absolutely ensure they won't get a top 5 pick. It's like clockwork. The definition of insanity.
Yeah, Gentry a total donkey. Playing a 9-man rotation like we're pushing for something. Davion 45, Harrison 40, Lyles 36, Holiday 34, Len 22. No Queta minutes. These are all dudes we very likely need healthy for next year.

No excuse for minute totals to be getting this high. Let Harkless and Josh Jackson play for 12-15 minutes. Let Queta get a consistent 15 MPG. At this point, who cares if we go 12 guys, the point should be to get a good look at some key young guys (DDV, Mitchell, Queta) and make sure the vets stay healthy for next season.

Yeah, Gentry a total donkey. Playing a 9-man rotation like we're pushing for something. Davion 45, Harrison 40, Lyles 36, Holiday 34, Len 22. No Queta minutes. These are all dudes we very likely need healthy for next year.

No excuse for minute totals to be getting this high. Let Harkless and Josh Jackson play for 12-15 minutes. Let Queta get a consistent 15 MPG. At this point, who cares if we go 12 guys, the point should be to get a good look at some key young guys (DDV, Mitchell, Queta) and make sure the vets stay healthy for next season.
not sure why you let his boss off the hook. He can easily say no one gets more than 36 mins a night. The problem starts with Vivek and the stupidity filters down.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Dont go all Grant on us, man.
Nah, I get that we as fans want to tank and get a good pick or whatever but the second an owner is "in on it", the whole concept of team sports for money sorta goes out the window. That's the reason those Stephen Ross offering to pay Flores 100,000$ a loss stories gained so much traction.

The people associated with a team (employed or whatever) should never aim to lose.

not sure why you let his boss off the hook. He can easily say no one gets more than 36 mins a night. The problem starts with Vivek and the stupidity filters down.
I curse every person and their children and their children's children who were even fractionally responsible for tonight's minute allocation. May they never look or think about basketball again.

happy?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
At the same time, I'm really not sure why the hell you were all banking on a loss to the Orlando Magic.

While they're 7 for their last 15, they've only won 20 games all season and weren't playing Wendell Carter or Suggs (who, to be fair, would probably not help our chances at a loss considering how rough he's been all year.) Aside from Franz Wagner, their entire active roster was pretty much nothing but chuckers or the lesser siblings of good basketball players.

While I thought that the Pacers were probably going to beat us, I've had this marked as a win for us even after Fox and Sabonis both got hurt.

Last edited:

Gentry is a dead man walking. He can care less about next year. He won’t be here. He’s just trying to “pad” his career wins.

Nah, I get that we as fans want to tank and get a good pick or whatever but the second an owner is "in on it", the whole concept of team sports for money sorta goes out the window. That's the reason those Stephen Ross offering to pay Flores 100,000$ a loss stories gained so much traction.

The people associated with a team (employed or whatever) should never aim to lose.
no one is asking the team to lose. But a significant difference exists between playing to lose and playing your starters excessive minutes in a meaningless game. If Davion experiences a significant injury it’s on the organization.

At the same time, I'm really not sure why the hell you were all banking on a loss to the Orlando Magic.

While they're 7 for their last 15, they've only won 20 games all season and weren't playing Wendell Carter or Suggs (who, to be fair, would probably not help our chances at a loss considering how rough he's been all year.) Aside from Franz Wagner, their entire active roster was pretty much nothing but chuckers or the lesser siblings of good basketball players.

While I thought that the Pacers were probably going to beat us, I've had this marked as a win for us even after Fox and Sabonis both got hurt.
as did I but the issue is how they lost not that they lost.

no one is asking the team to lose. But a significant difference exists between playing to lose and playing your starters excessive minutes in a meaningless game. If Davion experiences a significant injury it’s on the organization.
He's been at 45, 38, 36, 35 in the last 4 games after spending a good chunk of the year in the 23-28 range. The Davion development is very important, but you're right; extending him like this is foolish. Keep him healthy around 33-34 while letting him get his chance to continue to run the team.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Gentry is a dead man walking. He can care less about next year. He won’t be here. He’s just trying to “pad” his career wins.
From the perspective of someone who's Off That Narcotic™, why shouldn't he? It's not like him agreeing to cooperate with the tank would have saved his job; what's it to him if the Kings don't win the lottery?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
He's been at 45, 38, 36, 35 in the last 4 games after spending a good chunk of the year in the 23-28 range. The Davion development is very important, but you're right; extending him like this is foolish. Keep him healthy around 33-34 while letting him get his chance to continue to run the team.
The thing is that I think we’ve all given up on the play-in faster than the Kings have. Playing Davion heavy minutes doesn’t make sense if you’re tanking but if you’re trying to keep your head above water, playing your one remaining good player huge minutes is a foregone conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.