[Game] Kings @ Magic, 3/26/2022 4pm Pacific, 7pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
While you were looking the other way, there was a Sacramento/Orlando tankathon game that snuck up on you. It wasn't Magic, it was just sleight-of-hand.

This thread is for people who want to watch to see whether we will be in position to draft Paolo Banchero or A.J. Griffin in the draft. (Banchero and Griffin will be playing against this game on TBS starting about 5:50 PT, so say towards the beginning of the 4th quarter, and there's an NCAA Tourney thread for that.)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Jerry being incredibly out of practice and doing this remotely is leading to some distracting delays and gaps in commentary.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Steele and Turner don't understand why Franz Wagner isn't in the Rookie of the Year conversation. I'm inclined to agree that he should at least be in "the conversation"...

This reminds me of what I considered to be a tremendously fun back and forth that Dan LeBatard and Amin Elhassan had on LeBatard's podcast this week, comparing the MVP Conversation™ to a bar, and who got to be let into the bar, with whomever was leading the Conversation™ at that moment being the guy that everybody was gathered around by the bar, listening to him tell stories.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Extremely weird to break out Jerry for a road game in Orlando long after the season is done for both teams. Maybe he wanted to take the grandkids to Disneyworld?
He’s broadcasting from the studio so I’m wondering if Kayte called in sick and he had to fill-in at the last moment.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Capt. wondered about it earlier, I don't think Jerry is there. He isn't sitting next to Jones so this is remote. There's no way he'd fly across the country for this, haha.
The Kings maybe an incompetent franchise but they aren’t so incompetent that they’d fly an elderly diabetic man to Florida to broadcast a game between two teams only modestly interested in winning.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
All in all, this emergency broadcast team isn’t doing too bad. Mark Jones is a pro’s pro and also not close enough to Jerry to ask him about French Lick three times before halftime.

That clown refuses to play Queta, might as well just send him back to stockton to guarantee the playoff spot.
Doesn't have to be anything more than back-up Jones minutes. 12-15 minutes per game of consistent run to close the season so we can get a good look at him. Gentry saying he's "not ready" is such a joke, who cares at this point?

Ok, now this is being dumb as hell.

Holiday 19 mins
Trey Lyles 14 mins
Alex Len: 10 minutes

DDV: 8 minutes
Metu:9 minutes
Queta: 0 minutes

Mitchell being awesome is sweet, but Gentry doing the Luke Walton and running the vets big minutes. Such a joke. Develop the young guys you clown.
"I'm going to get Queta some minutes" is the new "I'll make sure one of Fox or Sabonis are on the floor at all times."

Status
Not open for further replies.