[Game] Kings @ Magic - 11/21/15 - 2 PM PST, 5 PM EST

Perhaps but I think Rondo needs the Kings as much as the Kings need him. No one else was knocking down the door for his services this summer. If he continues his level of play for the remainder of his season the market will heat up for his services, but Rondo is an ideal situation in terms of having a coach who will grant him free reign and big man who commands a lot of attention, helping mask his offensive limitations and give him a superior assist target.

Rondo experienced Dallas and Carlisle. He doesn't want to go back. So let's not act like we don't have a lot to offer to him with or without Rudy Gay.
Rondo can write his own ticket after this season - we will be lucky if we keep him.

As a center?

That's the thing -- what he's doing already is pretty much unprecedented for a player his size. To ask him to develop the full set of SG/SF skills to go wiht the center skills might be basically asking he become the GOAT.
You've made my point for me. If Karl's going to continue to make this his offense then Cousins low post game is irrelevant now.

Maybe I'm old school but I just want him to get it down on the block and dominate. If ..... WHEN he dominates on the block, I'd have Rondo throw him a bone at the three point line every once in awhile but only after he dominates down low

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Knicks win! (I.e. Houston lost) kings climb up the standings.....somewhat.
was watching that one for the same reasons.

Oh, and because certain very very basketball saavy people went through and picked up Porzingis on all their fantasy teams after seeing him in Knicks camp :p

gunks

Hall of Famer
was watching that one for the same reasons.

Oh, and because certain very very basketball saavy people went through and picked up Porzingis on all their fantasy teams after seeing him in Knicks camp :p
Zinger is a beast. I'm pretty sure he was Vlade's first choice this past draft? Not that I'm not happy with WCS, just saying our GM knows talent!

Anybody see Karl's postgame? He thinks Casspi should get 30 mins more often, doesn't think he's been getting enough minutes.
If Casspi can play every game like he did today, I would agree! His effort on both ends of the floor was "non-stop" like the energizer bunny. I particularly like the developing chemistry on the floor among Casspi, Belli, Rondo, DMC, and DC (as well as the developing chemistry among all the Kings) - it has been a long time since I have seen a Kings team pass and share the ball like they did in the third quarter.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Anybody see Karl's postgame? He thinks Casspi should get 30 mins more often, doesn't think he's been getting enough minutes.
Yeah, and last time he said WCS should get more minutes. I wish Karl would quit making comments like that for the simple reason every time he does it pleases some fans and irritates others.

Minutes are gonna fluctuate based on injuries, matchups, etc. And, based on what we've seen thus far of Karl's lineups, I don't think we can depend on any kind of continuity ... at least not in the foreseeable future. ;)

Don't get me wrong, however. I absolutely love Casspi's heart and hustle. He's always ready to give his all, he never complains and he's a good complement to Cousins.

Bricklayer

Hey, when he's playing well, why not. But it can't quite happen every night even with the short rotation Karl was flashing this time. With Rudy that becomes a 9-man, Cuz is the man and he's playing big minutes this year, Rondo wants to play 40 min every game, and is needed. Even squeezing the kids, Koufos, and Bels semi-unrealsitically you can barely make it work:

C Cousins 36 /Koufos 12
PF WCS 20/ Koufos 6 / Gay 22
SF Gay 12/ Casspi 30 / Belinelli 6
SG McLemore 20/ Collison/ 14 /Belinelli 14
PG Rondo 36/Collison 12

Perhaps but I think Rondo needs the Kings as much as the Kings need him. No one else was knocking down the door for his services this summer. If he continues his level of play for the remainder of his season the market will heat up for his services, but Rondo is an ideal situation in terms of having a coach who will grant him free reign and big man who commands a lot of attention, helping mask his offensive limitations and give him a superior assist target.

Rondo experienced Dallas and Carlisle. He doesn't want to go back. So let's not act like we don't have a lot to offer to him with or without Rudy Gay.
Yeah, this narrative doesn't make sense to me. Good friends with Rudy or not, if a better team was offering a starting job, or someone was offering a better contract, he wouldn't have come here. My guess is no playoff team offered him a starting job, and he probably got some 3yr/35 mil offers from teams, so he went with the 1 year gamble to improve his stock (which he's obviously well on his way to doing).

I'm not even suggesting we trade Rudy because he's absolutely a talented guy and player when he's locked in. But Rudy needs to find a way to fit with the new structure as I don't think he's the 2nd fiddle anymore. Omri's been so successful this season at making an impact, because he contributes in so many different categories and stays out of the way of the big dogs. We thrive when the ball is in Rondo's hands and he's either finding easy looks for other guys, or working the 2-man game with Boogie. A way to look at it is similar to the Clippers offensive hierarchy. Rondo+Boogie=Blake+Cp3 and Rudy=Crawford. Clearly the 3rd guy, but still knows when to go get his.

Bricklayer

Yeah, this narrative doesn't make sense to me. Good friends with Rudy or not, if a better team was offering a starting job, or someone was offering a better contract, he wouldn't have come here. My guess is no playoff team offered him a starting job, and he probably got some 3yr/35 mil offers from teams, so he went with the 1 year gamble to improve his stock (which he's obviously well on his way to doing).

I'm not even suggesting we trade Rudy because he's absolutely a talented guy and player when he's locked in. But Rudy needs to find a way to fit with the new structure as I don't think he's the 2nd fiddle anymore. Omri's been so successful this season at making an impact, because he contributes in so many different categories and stays out of the way of the big dogs. We thrive when the ball is in Rondo's hands and he's either finding easy looks for other guys, or working the 2-man game with Boogie. A way to look at it is similar to the Clippers offensive hierarchy. Rondo+Boogie=Blake+Cp3 and Rudy=Crawford. Clearly the 3rd guy, but still knows when to go get his.
There's a major difference though, and why we absolutely DO need Rudy: CP3/Redick/Deandre are all >> scorers than their equivalents Rondo/Ben/WCS. On an average night they are expecting to get 45pts out of that group. On a lot of nights we might get 20 out of ours. Hence how do you make up for a 20+pt gap in talent? Rudy Gay, career 18-20ppg scorer.