Kings/Lakers Preseason Game Thread

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Fox, Buddy, Harry, Bagley, B-Mac have all been good. Skal had about as rough a stint as I've ever seen. Cam Reynold got clowned by Lance like five possessions in a row.

Our ****ing idiot coach need to realize playing one of our bigs at SF doesn’t do crap for the team now or for the bigs development. Non of them are big enough to punish a SF or quick enough to go by him. But hey keep playing them so it could hurt our already mediocre spacing
He’s trying to get them all some run but I agree. We are better off going small at the 3 than too big. Either way we amazingly really only have one SF on the roster and he’s unfortunately not staking claim to the position.

Frank Mason is just not good. He's the same exact player we saw last season; some talent at creating his own shot, but he has no semblance of running an offense and he doesn't get anyone else involved. The gap between him and Fox might not have been all that big last season, but it's showing to be a major difference through this Summer League and early preseason.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Frank Mason is just not good. He's the same exact player we saw last season; some talent at creating his own shot, but he has no semblance of running an offense and he doesn't get anyone else involved. The gap between him and Fox might not have been all that big last season, but it's showing to be a major difference through this Summer League and early preseason.
I guess the upside is with yogi in the lineup Mason will be lucky to see more than a few minutes of garbage time and game. Although he might be the little guy you want to get out there for instant points kind of a Vinnie Johnson type player.

We almost scored 40 points in one quarter
annnnnnd we're losing.

Guys its important not to overreact on 1 quarter, 1 game, all preseason too.

When I poo poo'd Joergers high post offense while we were winning Its based off of all the factual in the book evidence he has for years had a problem running anything else. Im not overreacting.

I will admit I did see more pick and rolls and more options this 1st half. BUT things got slow and spacing fell apart when we went old school Joerger again.

annnnnnd we're losing.

Guys its important not to overreact on 1 quarter, 1 game, all preseason too.

When I poo poo'd Joergers high post offense while we were winning Its based off of all the factual in the book evidence he has for years had a problem running anything else. Im not overreacting.

I will admit I did see more pick and rolls and more options this 1st half. BUT things got slow and spacing fell apart when we went old school Joerger again.
Yep. The pace is better but Fox and Buddy straight balled out DESPITE the system that was in play.

I guess the upside is with yogi in the lineup Mason will be lucky to see more than a few minutes of garbage time and game. Although he might be the little guy you want to get out there for instant points kind of a Vinnie Johnson type player.
The plan has got to be to have one of Bogdan or Fox on the floor at all times. Treat them like our version of Cp3/Harden; it's going to help keep the offense flowing rather than get completely stagnant as we did at the end of the half.

Fox, Buddy, Harry, Bagley, B-Mac have all been good. Skal had about as rough a stint as I've ever seen. Cam Reynold got clowned by Lance like five possessions in a row.
We are also In desperate need of a true SF. Lebron is gonna be Lebron no matter if we had 1 or 8 SF's. But the bigs are getting owned trying to guard him and the guards are even worse. SF is a slight important position in the new age NBA. lol! hopefully we can fix that and help out Skal and the other bigs by not playing them at the 3.

He’s trying to get them all some run but I agree. We are better off going small at the 3 than too big. Either way we amazingly really only have one SF on the roster and he’s unfortunately not staking claim to the position.
That doesn’t help there development at all though standing around at the perimeter with a suspect shot that a SF can recover too anyways isn’t a good look

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
We are also In desperate need of a true SF. Lebron is gonna be Lebron no matter if we had 1 or 8 SF's. But the bigs are getting owned trying to guard him and the guards are even worse. SF is a slight important position in the new age NBA. lol! hopefully we can fix that and help out Skal and the other bigs by not playing them at the 3.
It's preseason and Bjeli/Bogy/Shump are all out, essentially shelving most of our wing depth. I'll hold off judgement for a bit.

Shhhhh, dont tell Sactowndog that!

I caught a stream late so I missed Foxy Cleoptra getting down but the box score and highlights show a player who is ready to prove his draft position amongst those taken before him.

I still think he will end up as the most lethal from his draft. Dude has the tools to be amazing

With Fox attacking and if he can hit that outside shot with proper spacing he will be a handful for our opponents.

Mason as a point guard is just not going to work and hopefully we find out which Player will fill that SF roll because Jackson is not it. I was not impressed last year and he did not take long to remind me how we get nothing from that position with him in the lineup.