[Game] Kings @ Lakers, 11/11/2022 7:30pm Pacific 10:30pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Even though he acts so mature, we got to remember he's still just a 22 year old kid, learning how to be an NBA professional and WHILE now dealing with a very serious family issue. That pretty much coincides when he started his mini-slump.

Reading a bit more, looks like his dad was supposed to go with them on the Florida road games, but obviously had to be with Keegan's Grandma.

what do we do to fix the trading baskets problem especially at the end of games? The deadline is a long ways a way and we might not pull anything off. Do we have to try KZ for a few minutes here or there? Call up Ellis?
we closed it 8-0.

I think we closed Cleveland out in similar fashion.

I really don't like the trading of baskets, but I think it might be a function of the pace Brown wants to run at and possibly lulling teams into a false sense they can get an easy bucket before the final 2 minutes.

But yeah, stopping them long enough to be up 20 with 4 minutes to go would extend my life a few years I think.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I do find it odd that coach brown thought KZ was good enough to start at the beginning of the season and now has like 7 straight DNP’s
Starting your first head-coaching job in 8 years 0-4 will do that to you! I agreed with the idea of starting KZ at the time, but it wasn't working for reasons that had more to do with overall roster balance. KZ can earn faith back though if he hits his spot-up shots in practice. The only thing holding him back from being a regular contributor is his ability to be an effective catch and shoot threat on the corner threes.

what do we do to fix the trading baskets problem especially at the end of games? The deadline is a long ways a way and we might not pull anything off. Do we have to try KZ for a few minutes here or there? Call up Ellis?
I think it's our interior defense. We play very small and allow teams to get inside.. which also opens up the outside because we're constantly trying to help down low.

We desperately need an interior anchor who can play 15minutes a night? Maybe steal some of Lyles' minutes because it feels like when he's not scoring, he's not offering much elsewhere.

Yeah, the rim protection is a real problem. Or at least a physical low-post wing (in the vein of a PJ Tucker, Crowder) that can be an enforcer and not just make it a free ride to the rim as it is now. They go through stretches of absolutely elite defense, but it's almost all on the perimeter (Fox, Davion, Monk, Huerter have all had streches where they lock down) and a bit of Keegan here or there.

I wanted to give Metu a ton of praise tonight and he was really good for like 13 of his 16 minutes, but man he just let the Wenyen Gabriel torch him for like 3 straight possessions in the post before we went back to Sabonis. He's been a nice find with Holmes struggling, but I'm not sure he's the long-term answer at back-up 5 either. Len just doesn't have the footspeed to play anymore. Maybe time to give Queta a look? Give Moneke a look? Get KZ back in there?

Wow. Even though he acts so mature, we got to remember he's still just a 22 year old kid, learning how to be an NBA professional and WHILE now dealing with a very serious family issue. That pretty much coincides when he started his mini-slump.

Reading a bit more, looks like his dad was supposed to go with them on the Florida road games, but obviously had to be with Keegan's Grandma.
ugh, I knew it was probably something with one of his grandparents but that's horrifying it happened at a game. Poor guy.

We need to be giving the Murray family all the support and good energy we can muster during this difficult time. Appreciate all of Keagan’s grit in powering through while his heart is so heavy.

I don't think I'd mind giving Boogie a call either. He doesn't fix the defensive problems (obviously), but he fixes your size issue, you can run very similar Sabonis sets on offense and he'll give this team so "nasty" that we could use an infusion of.

Entity

Hall of Famer
I don't think I'd mind giving Boogie a call either. He doesn't fix the defensive problems (obviously), but he fixes your size issue, you can run very similar Sabonis sets on offense and he'll give this team so "nasty" that we could use an infusion of.
I’d like to figure out a way to get OG first

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I’d like to figure out a way to get OG first
Seconded. OG would be amazing on this team. He's signed through the end of next season though (with a player option after that which he'll probably decline) so I don't think there's any way to pry him out of Toronto right now. Boogie, on the other hand, is available for the cost of a roster spot.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Seconded. OG would be amazing on this team. He's signed through the end of next season though (with a player option after that which he'll probably decline) so I don't think there's any way to pry him out of Toronto right now. Boogie, on the other hand, is available right now for the cost of a roster spot.
The more obtainable buy-low version of OG might be Patrick Williams though, who is probably available in exchange for a more veteran wing player and has looked good (and very bad) at times and is averaging 1.1 blocks a game.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
The more obtainable buy-low version of OG might be Patrick Williams though, who is probably available in exchange for a more veteran wing player and has looked good (and very bad) at times and is averaging 1.1 blocks a game.
I like that idea too. He was one of my favorite prospects in his draft year and would be able to fill a similar niche as a 3/4 combo defender and shooter.

I just have too many memories of Boogie staying to yell at the refs while the rest of the team sprinted back on offense, the toxicity he brought with him, and all the rest.

It would be interesting to see how well he could play on a good team, how the years have matured him, what his temperament is like, and if he could hand the pace at his current age

I just have too many memories of Boogie staying to yell at the refs while the rest of the team sprinted back on offense, the toxicity he brought with him, and all the rest.

It would be interesting to see how well he could play on a good team, how the years have matured him, what his temperament is like, and if he could hand the pace at his current age
What can we expect him to bring to the team? Offense? Lyles and Murray probably score in more effective ways for this teams needs. Defense? Not likely. Rim protection? He cant jump over a dime at this point. Rebounding... Maybe.

I do find it odd that coach brown thought KZ was good enough to start at the beginning of the season and now has like 7 straight DNP’s
Well, the team started out 0-4 and wasn’t playing near as well as they have been since.

So I’d say it was likely a case of experimentation that didn’t go so well so he pivoted.

From that standpoint, not so odd I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.