Kings in Bejing Game Thread

Lamar_Odom said:
Both coached dogged the game by taking out their main players when the game was still undecided. They made the finish uninteresting and made the game nothing but a pre-season game. I thought it was unfair to China but in the end, it was about business and the NBA season.

Somewhere in there also lies the fact that both coaches didn't want to be competitive in the end so that they would have a "legitimate" reason if they lose. But Jackson's shot was a great game winning shot. Too bad it didn't matter.
Newsflash:) It WAS nothing but a pre-season game, one they had to travel half-way around the world to even participate in, then fly back through 14 time zones to play again on Tuesday. I think I understand the reasoning behind not over-playing the starters. Interesting that Van Gundy did coach this one a little different, he played to win the first one. Unfair to China? Perhaps, but I don't think they are complaining.

piksi

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
Just one random thought - our starters in the regular season will clean the floor with the Houston Rockets.

:D
Let's hope thay do not get a new PG cause Ward / Lue combo truly sucks. Since BW think that they can win championship - I had to cross them of my "contender list"

piksi

Hall of Famer
First of all I want to thank B.J for sparing us additional 10 -15 min of BW terror because BW was on the roll all night long. Basically I will need to get some anti depresant every time our game is on ESPN.

Game itself was OK because almost nobody got hurt (I hope Darius has good dental insurance). Other than thet useless. Hope RA realized that the experiment with playing CW as a center should never be tried in the regular season.

Next game on TV is on Friday on ESPN

WALTON ALLERT

be adviced to take all precautions necessary. check Your stacks of valium, etc. I think that shelters will open up on Thursday. Unfortunately You can run but You can not hide.

P.S.

If we have a bad game against LAL on Tuesday - before You start criticizing players just have in mind that they had 14 hrs filght back in the same plane as BW.

VF21 said:
And the teams line up and congratulate each other. As someone else said, I would like to see this become a regular feature in the NBA...
You want to force the Kings not to walk out on the Mavs before the game is over? :D

piksi said:
Yes, when he was healthy.
Well he's played the 5 as recently as last year. He played the 5 against the Rockets last year in their fourth game (I think) and was quite effective, and had a big part to do with Yao struggling in the second half after having a great first half.

He can play the 5 depending on match-ups, and most likely will. You'll see him and Miller switch depending on the foul situation.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Packt said:
Well he's played the 5 as recently as last year. He played the 5 against the Rockets last year in their fourth game (I think) and was quite effective, and had a big part to do with Yao struggling in the second half after having a great first half.

He can play the 5 depending on match-ups, and most likely will. You'll see him and Miller switch depending on the foul situation.
With him on 5 we will not get anywhere.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
piksi said:
With him on 5 we will not get anywhere.
That may be true in some instances, but certainly not all. It depends on the match up. CWebb has been effective at the 5 often. There are a lot of PF's playing the Center position out there and when that happens CW usually can hold his own.

Packt said:

In fact that's exactly what he did yesterday. Brad picked up in 2nd foul, Yao was at the line and then Webb went over to Brad and said "I got him."

I don't see the any problem with Webb playing the 5 if necessary.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
piksi said:
Yes, when he was healthy.
I really hate to be the one to break it to you like this, but from what I've seen of Chris Webber in the last two games, he looks pretty healthy to me...and apparently a good majority of sports-writers, broadcasters, etc. seem to agree.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
50pts said:
piksi dont you know CWebb can play any position! he plays the 1 ,2,3,4 and 5. but his speciallty is the 13...the IL.:D
Oh geez.

And now we have to endure the juvenile locker-room attacks on Webber?

I may virtually never agree with Markezi (for example) and his takes on Webber, but he can certainly put them forth in an articulate manner. It might be something for others to consider...

DISCLAIMER: This note is brought to you by VF21 the fan, and not VF21 the moderator.

piksi

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
I really hate to be the one to break it to you like this, but from what I've seen of Chris Webber in the last two games, he looks pretty healthy to me...and apparently a good majority of sports-writers, broadcasters, etc. seem to agree.
Why don't we wait on this one a little?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wait on what I've already seen?

I made it very specific...

from what I've seen of Chris Webber in the last two games, he looks pretty healthy to me...
You can't even bear to face that Webber has had two good games?

Whatever...

piksi

Hall of Famer
50pts said:
piksi dont you know CWebb can play any position! he plays the 1 ,2,3,4 and 5. but his speciallty is the 13...the IL.:D
Everybody knows what I think of CW but that "13" has cost us a title 2 seasons ago.
I do get Your sarcasam ;)

piksi

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
Wait on what I've already seen?

I made it very specific...

You can't even bear to face that Webber has had two good games?

Whatever...
For Kingssake I hope You are right bu I will stay very sceptical on this one until proven wrong (60+ games of CW)