Kings in Bejing Game Thread

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And the teams line up and congratulate each other. As someone else said, I would like to see this become a regular feature in the NBA...

Yao is addressing the crowd and Pedja is standing in the back row, mugging for the camera.

He thanked the crowd for coming, and that's the end of the China Tour for this year.

Great game! Thanks for not making it overtime, Bobby. I was getting tired...hehe. :D

I'm glad the players are coming back home!

I am so pee because I thought the game was going to be on Sunday and I missed it. Well at least I managed to watch the last min where Bobby did his thang.

Yao and Peja seem kind of tight together. =P

VF21 said:
Pedja is standing in the back row, mugging for the camera.
haha i noticed that too..

i just rewatched that part.. it seems that cwebb and peja were talking about doing something.. they were laughing and then peja does the mugging thing! :D

and i must admit that i loved the bibby close ups in the end :D

The Rockets looked really good today. Not just T-Mac and Yao, but Howard and Hawkins as well as ohter new guys. They are going to be pretty tought opponents this season.

Both coached dogged the game by taking out their main players when the game was still undecided. They made the finish uninteresting and made the game nothing but a pre-season game. I thought it was unfair to China but in the end, it was about business and the NBA season.

Somewhere in there also lies the fact that both coaches didn't want to be competitive in the end so that they would have a "legitimate" reason if they lose. But Jackson's shot was a great game winning shot. Too bad it didn't matter.

Last edited:
I loved the way Songiala was playing, made some really good moves. Kevin Martin was pretty good too. Had some difficulty with T-Mac, but still looks really exciting player.

They dont seem to play Ricky Minard though, when everyone else is playing.

we'll probably see Minard in the games this week, I bet. but I dunno, maybe he did something to already get in Adelman's doghouse, kinda like Gerald Wallace...its curtains for Ricky, if thats the case.*L*

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
bibbyweb said:
I loved the way Songiala was playing, made some really good moves. Kevin Martin was pretty good too. Had some difficulty with T-Mac, but still looks really exciting player...
That's no knock on the rookie; everybody has difficulty with McGrady. As they used to say when I was a young man, he "cain't be faded."

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Circa_1985_Fan said:
we'll probably see Minard in the games this week, I bet. but I dunno, maybe he did something to already get in Adelman's doghouse, kinda like Gerald Wallace...its curtains for Ricky, if thats the case.*L*
Possible, but I personally think that Minard not playing was more of a function of Adelman thinking, "hey, we're in China, and I've got this Chinese guard. Let's play him."

Now, if he doesn't play next week...

Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Possible, but I personally think that Minard not playing was more of a function of Adelman thinking, "hey, we're in China, and I've got this Chinese guard. Let's play him."

Now, if he doesn't play next week...
Agreed. Minard isnt going anywhere. Adelman just wants to see who he wants to cut first. he was giving Minard the night off just like he did bobby the other night.