Kings @ Hornets Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just one game? this is a game we SHOULD win people. This is not SA or Phoenix. What if this "meaningless" game becomes the game that gives up spot #8 in the playoffs? what about home court. Get real people.

Any chance it was an "I am so embarrassed I can't do anything but laugh?"

That is what I do when I get embarrassed or nervous.

PLEASE tell me that it was an embarrassed laugh.

PFFFT!! said:
just one game? this is a game we SHOULD win people. This is not SA or Phoenix. What if this "meaningless" game becomes the game that gives up spot #8 in the playoffs? what about home court. Get real people.
Word.

T

thesanityannex

it was the first game. big deal.

this isn't the beginning to some huge losing streak like some have predicted.

this doesn't mean we won't make the playoffs.

this doesn't mean the guys didn't care that they lost.

this was an off night, a we didn't even show up night. they happen, but not often.

some people here are so quick to write this team off it absolutely amazes me. if we had won the game, does that mean we play in the championship??? nope. But since we lost, now we aren't making the playoffs??? give me a break.

first game

0-1

fire adelman right?

the sky is falling
the sky is falling

T

thesanityannex

PFFFT!! said:
get real? if and when it comes down to looking at the FIRST game of the season for that 8th playoff spot, then we'll talk, until then, get real.

What did the Maloofs spend of this team 60 million or so per year in salary and they are laughing on the bench. I would not pay them for tonights game

PFFFT!! said:
I think you all should get real. The team had a bad game, so what. It was the first game of an 82 game season. One game and everyone is ready to throw in the towel.

It's only the first game of the season but the Kings just got crushed by the consensus worst team in the Western Conference! This may be no time to panic but it's a time to get urgent to make sure things don't snowball. The Kings could be 0-6 in no time.

the next 5 games do NOT look like fun. 0-6 is real, and THEN should we start worrying? we lost to the WORST team of the first 6 games. somehow i'm not confident.

i do argee that it is the first game and so we shouldn't quite abandon ship yet...at the same time though, such a huge loss to New Orleans is def. disconcerting

skillet said:
I logged on my computer and check the scores.....i thought it was a mistake so I kept on pushing the refresh button....man, Im gonna get it tomorrow by all those kings-haters..........ima go cry now
Yeah, it's great living in LA.

Sorry if this has been said before, but the ONE NIGHT Charles Barkley predicts we're gonna win the Pacific, we drop a bomb like this. Amazingly enough, he stuck by his prediction even after the loss. :eek:

T[MaC] said:
Yeah, it's great living in LA.

Sorry if this has been said before, but the ONE NIGHT Charles Barkley predicts we're gonna win the Pacific, we drop a bomb like this. Amazingly enough, he stuck by his prediction even after the loss. :eek:

did he really now....hmmmdid he not eat tonight or somehting?

This was a typical Kings game in a lot of ways. How many times over the years we ge embarrassed by some of the worst teams in the competition?????? I've lost count becuase it happens every single year.

We lost this because the players thought they will win this game if they just show up. Its called complacency ;)

Čarolija said:
This was a typical Kings game in a lot of ways. How many times over the years we ge embarrassed by some of the worst teams in the competition?????? I've lost count becuase it happens every single year.

We lost this because the players thought they will win this game if they just show up. Its called complacency ;)
Agreeing with you on this makes me feel better, so I will!!:D

maybe not complacency, just an expectation for an easy win. We all thought the same thing, too.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Grabbed this blurb off espn.com:

• The Hornets held the Kings to 67 points. Sacramento's total equaled the second lowest in a season opener during the shot-clock era. The lowest was 66 points by the Charlotte Hornets against the 76ers in February 1999, after the end of the owners' lockout.

Geez. Is it Armegeddon? Seems like it.

Appearently the site was down earlier because I kept getting the Cannot find Server error. Sounds like it wouldve been a good thing.

Consider it an egg we laid and got out of the way... Its just 1 of 82.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bricklayer said:
Grabbed this blurb off espn.com:

• The Hornets held the Kings to 67 points. Sacramento's total equaled the second lowest in a season opener during the shot-clock era. The lowest was 66 points by the Charlotte Hornets against the 76ers in February 1999, after the end of the owners' lockout.
This was, I believe, the lowest number of points scored by the Kings since March 19, 1996 when the Chicago Bulls beat us 89-67...

...sigh...

chelle said:
OK. It is one game. We can handle this. This question now becomes:
HOW DO WE FIX THIS MESS?
This begins and ends with the coach and Mike Bibby.

Our coach needs to demand that we play slower, in control and in the post. Barfing up outside shot after outside shot won't win games except in spurts. It's too hot/cold.

When the two guards are taking more "in the flow" shots than anyone in the post ... we'll have issues.

As for the self-proclaimed leader - he looks lost and can't control the pace of this team. It's as if he doesn't even understand his teammates. I heard him yesterday say that he saw Steve Nash and realizes we need to run more... HAS HE LOST HIS MIND?! This is NOT a running team. We have set shooters and a post player. We have ZERO transition defense.

What this says to me is that we are a team with no identity and we need our coach to give us one.

What is wrong with people in here? Mess?! Its the first game out of 82, so take it easy man...

Its much better they have games like this one in the begining, and not in the end of the season, near the playoffs...

They will get into the system through the season and that is the most important thing. Losing some of the first games isnt bad thing , especially not considering there are two new starters .

Well, I was so dissappointed and embarrassed by the way the Kings played last night that I went right to bed...turned it off mid 4th quarter and called it the night...

I'm not one of those people who are freaking out cuz we lost or even cuz we lost to NO for that matter (cuz to tell you the truth I thought there was a high chance of it with NO being in their new city with the fans behind them 110% capacity crowd, I figured emotions would run kinda high for them but I still figured the Kings kinda had a chance but once Grant mentioned the plane troubles I knew they were gonna lose--I just knew it) it was more of HOW they lost and the way that they played...everyone with maybe the exception of SAR played liked garbage and that was very surprising...even in the games we lost in the preseason we didn't lose any of them like we lost this one

Obviously the problems were relatively clear, the stagnant offense due to quick shots, not enough passing and all around impatience not to mention the turnovers...and just to think their defense looked really good to start the game off like in the first quarter and then just steadily declined as the game went on....I think they panic'd a bit cuz they saw how bad their offense was and then as a result their effort on the defensive side started to fall...dissappointing

Give NO credit they played a solid game...and I think for them they kinda just looked at the scoreboard and said wow we're leading and that just kinda energized them more...they played well...as I expect them to on opening night considering their situation...

Status
Not open for further replies.