Kings Have Signed John Salmons - Bye, Bye Bonzi!!

John Salmons. As I remember, he is a somewhat versatile SF, without decent jumpers. With Artest and Garcia.... Please somebody tell me what's going on.

I'm somewhat disappointed that Wells will just walk out.
I'm EXTREAMLY disappointed that we will get another swingman!

Geeez. We've waited so long, and this is the result?

Anyway, bye bye Bonzi. Thanks for the great memory. :(

All I can say is this is not a move motivated for team success... This is motivated by one thing, and it's the Maloofs continuing to do this...

Thing is he turned down a huge contract in toronto so we'll probably also pay out the $%$ for him nonetheless... and oh yeah. He's ANOTHER MEDIOCRE FORWARD that we don't need.

Im going to vote against an arena if this crap keeps going and nobodys being signed. How do they expect the fans to get pumped at keeping the Kings with signing like this? BS I quit. :\
I hate to admit it- but in a sick twisted way that made me laugh

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Maybe this opens a trade for Magloire now. Something along this lines we sign and trade Bonzi to the Hawks for thier TE they got from the Pacers which then we trade along with Garcia for Magloire. It could be a possibility maybe that is hold up with the Pacer Hawks trae. Maybe the Hawks are waiting for us to sign a SG so they can get Bonzi from us.
Thing is, we just used up the money that would have gone to Bonzi, whether in a sign or trade or not. If we sign and trade Bonzi now we end up over the tax threshhold.

The $$ now become a huge concern. Signing John Salmons is just...whatever. Signing him for 5yrs at the MLE or whatever is insane.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Maybe this opens a trade for Magloire now. Something along this lines we sign and trade Bonzi to the Hawks for thier TE they got from the Pacers which then we trade along with Garcia for Magloire. It could be a possibility maybe that is hold up with the Pacer Hawks trae. Maybe the Hawks are waiting for us to sign a SG so they can get Bonzi from us.
Bonzi is gone. We are not going to sign and trade him. He's a part of Kings history. Period.

The ENTIRE MLE? ON JOHN F'ING SALMONS! JOHN SALMONS! FOR JOHN... SALMONS!!! Geoff you really ****ed this one up big time. And for all those thinking this would lead to a trade 1.Why would Salmons nix a deal to Toronto just so he could sign with the Kings and get traded? 2.Who the hell wants John FRICKIN Salmons for the entire MLE?

...please God let there be a method to Petries madness. A gold liner? No? We signed Salmons for the FULL MLE, what? We need a big not another tweener forward that cant rebound? GAWD...why dont we just call ourselves the Sacramento 76ersfodderaccepters.

Petrie..asdklf;jaskdlfj<---Thats how i feel about this. (If my opinion even mattered)

The ENTIRE MLE? ON JOHN F'ING SALMONS! JOHN SALMONS! FOR JOHN... SALMONS!!! Geoff you really ****ed this one up big time. And for all those thinking this would lead to a trade 1.Why would Salmons nix a deal to Toronto just so he could sign with the Kings and get traded? 2.Who the hell wants John FRICKIN Salmons for the entire MLE?

Guess we do:(

I couldn't have said it better.

Petrie, you f***ed up, man.

Thing is, we just used up the money that would have gone to Bonzi, whether in a sign or trade or not. If we sign and trade Bonzi now we end up over the tax threshhold.

The $$ now become a huge concern. Signing John Salmons is just...whatever. Signing him for 5yrs at the MLE or whatever is insane.
But if you really think about it Jamal's contract expires next year.

It gets worse. Mike actually called Petrie out about the rebounding concerns, and what Petrie had to say makes me feel slightly ill.

He claimed that we need to get better "as a team." And that maybe we would make another move "down the road" if things get bad. That doesn't sound good. He said the Kings will be worse in rebounding but better in "other areas." I wonder if he really gets it???