Kings Have Signed John Salmons - Bye, Bye Bonzi!!

I'm not sure you can go entirely by numbers here... he didn't get much of an oppurtunity or consistent minutes in Philly, and had Korver/Iguodala/AI ahead of him most of the time. He'll have a consistent role and minutes here. Think he could be something solid, I like the versatility I've seen from him at least.

Would of preffered Ariza/Ju. Jones or a big like Wright/Cato though.

Have to see how it goes with Salmons

(sorry I re-posted, I had a problem with my browser).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What I see is that Bonzi and his agent simply wouldn't come to reasonable terms, especially after the Hornets made Peja the offer of eternity.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this. It was Bonzi's choice to make. He was made an offer and his agent counter-offered. Apparently the differences were too great.

Thanks for the memories, Bonzi.

Ron goes I want Adelman back... Kings fire Adelman... Wants Bonzi back... Kings let go of Bonzi... All the free agents are off the table by now... And now they use some of if not all that money on... John Salmons... This is the worst offseason so far in years...

What I see is that Bonzi and his agent simply wouldn't come to reasonable terms, especially after the Hornets made Peja the offer of eternity.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this. It was Bonzi's choice to make. He was made an offer and his agent counter-offered. Apparently the differences were too great.

Thanks for the memories, Bonzi.
Exactly.

Now on to Salmons. I bet we picked him up for 2 reasons.

1) He can play PG, we now have several opitons at the backup PG spot.
2) He can play on the wing as well. Garcia had a bad summer league and he was hurt, if Garcia doesn't pan out, we at least have someone who can fill his shoes.

So wait if we're letting Bonzi walk for NOTHING who are we gonna use to get that shotblocker? It sure as hell isn't KT and now we can't package KT+Bonzi to get a player that makes more salary. WTF!?

All I can say is this is not a move motivated for team success... This is motivated by one thing, and it's the Maloofs continuing to do this...

=
im not sure if i agree with that...seeing him reject what toronto offered him, scares me horribly about what we offered him...

The only reason i can think of is for a trade with another team that wants Salmons. Petrie is a)losing his mind b)has alzheimers or c)is high and unable to think.

Im going to vote against an arena if this crap keeps going and nobodys being signed. How do they expect the fans to get pumped at keeping the Kings with signing like this? BS I quit. :\

...not gonna say i told you so on my whole opinion of bonzi is going to walk...it was in the chalk of how petrie has been running the past couple years..

i lied-i told you so

Maybe this opens a trade for Magloire now. Something along this lines we sign and trade Bonzi to the Hawks for thier TE they got from the Pacers which then we trade along with Garcia for Magloire. It could be a possibility maybe that is hold up with the Pacer Hawks trae. Maybe the Hawks are waiting for us to sign a SG so they can get Bonzi from us.

Last edited: