Kings @ Grizzlies Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look on the lottery bright side...after this game, there will only be 5 teams with worse records than the Kings (and the Grizz will move into a tie for fewest wins in the league with Boston).

We lose to the worst team, get thourghly outrebounded, out shot, etc. I think it's time to officially start rebuilding. When is managment going to realize this.

We lose to the worst team, get thourghly outrebounded, out shot, etc. I think it's time to officially start rebuilding. When is managment going to realize this.

Letting this Kings team score 117 points on you confirms the Grizzlie's suckiness...unfortunately, the Kings are simply more versatile at finding ways to lose. Sorry Grizz, you're just not quite on our level. ;)

Should our PG be 3rd in assists for the game? Not able to watch so I don't see the intangibles... and from watching the stats on line... why was martin not put back in until late?

Fire The Mussel Head!

I hate harping on Corliss Williamson but have we ever win a game when he steps up? it seems like when things are going bad Corliss plays well just very odd..

I think...

this mess were in right now is not all Muss, it is part Muss and part we dont have very good players. I think we need a coaching change and some trades. I mean the fifth worst record in the league and 17-26 speaks for itself. Do something Maloofs, do something Petrie. Something anything NOW!!!!!!!!!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
this mess were in right now is not all Muss, it is part Muss and part we dont have very good players. I think we need a coaching change and some trades. I mean the fifth worst record in the league and 17-26 speaks for itself. Do something Maloofs, do something Petrie. Something anything NOW!!!!!!!!!
All I want them to do is to cement this position by trading away guys. There is no "do something now" that is going to save us before next season.

I mean the fifth worst record in the league...
I think, from a lottery perspective, that's overoptimistic. Unless the standings I'm looking at are wrong, we're still #7 from the bottom.

Memphis: 12-34
Boston: 12-31
Philly: 14-31
Charlotte: 15-28
Atlanta: 16-27
Seattle: 17-27
Sac: 17-26

I totally agree here, it is everybody's fault not just one person. From the coach, to the players, to the GM, and to the Owner. Every one of them.

And one more thing, RA would not be able to fix this mess. People aways say it is the same team from last year but in my opinion who ever was coaching this team they would have sucked NO MATTER WHAT. Even when RA was coach the team was heading down hill since that Webber trade, we have such a bad roster, and with the west being as stacked as it is now i really don't now how RA being coach could have fixed any thing. What i am trying to say if RA was not fired last season he would have been this season.

I think, from a lottery perspective, that's overoptimistic. Unless the standings I'm looking at are wrong, we're still #7 from the bottom.

Memphis: 12-34
Boston: 12-31
Philly: 14-31
Charlotte: 15-28
Atlanta: 16-27
Seattle: 17-27
Sac: 17-26
But swooping up more ping pong balls every week. Memphis was without Gasol for 23 games. He's looking pretty good. Boston is playing without key players. The Kings, on the other hand, have been playing at 100% healthy for awhile now.

It might be difficult to outsuck Philly. They knew they were going nowhere and chose to cash in the season and go for the draft gusto and clear cap room. We should, too.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I totally agree here, it is everybody's fault not just one person. From the coach, to the players, to the GM, and to the Owner. Every one of them.

And one more thing, RA would not be able to fix this mess. People aways say it is the same team from last year but in my opinion who ever was coaching this team they would have sucked NO MATTER WHAT. Even when RA was coach the team was heading down hill since that Webber trade, we have such a bad roster, and with the west being as stacked as it is now i really don't now how RA being coach could have fixed any thing. What i am trying to say if RA was not fired last season he would have been this season.
Would have made a helluva difference. Not enough to be a power. But RA "sucking" with this crew is still a legit playoff contender (as in making it). 8 straight years with us. 14 of 16 years overall. And almost the exact same roster he had last year. No hope to make the noise the Brothers Delusionoof seemed to be expecting, but we would have had a plan and competed.

But as I've mentioned, in some ways this is better.

Would have made a helluva difference. Not enough to be a power. But RA "sucking" with this crew is still a legit playoff contender (as in making it). 8 straight years with us. 14 of 16 years overall. And almost the exact same roster he had last year. No hope to make the noise the Brothers Delusionoof seemed to be expecting, but we would have had a plan and competed.

But as I've mentioned, in some ways this is better.
I really doubt it brick, he was on a free fall after that Webber trade and the Artest trade was what saved the team. And with the Artest honeymoon over and done with and the West stronger and deeper then before i really doubt that he would make a difference.

The seven best teams are in the west: Denver, houston, Lakers, SA, Suns, Mavs, and Utah. And with the Clippers finally fixing their problems it seems like eight. Be real brick, do u really think RA would have made a big difference to take out one of those teams to get in to the playoffs. And also add the lack of perimenter and interior D, lack of rebounding, lack of a bench and i could go on. I really could not see RA fixing this team to get them into the playoffs, they would just look like the sonics.

I really doubt it brick, he was on a free fall after that Webber trade and the Artest trade was what saved the team. And with the Artest honeymoon over and done with and the West stronger and deeper then before i really doubt that he would make a difference.

The seven best teams are in the west: Denver, houston, Lakers, SA, Suns, Mavs, and Utah. And with the Clippers finally fixing their problems it seems like eight. Be real brick, do u really think RA would have made a big difference to take out one of those teams to get in to the playoffs. And also add the lack of perimenter and interior D, lack of rebounding, lack of a bench and i could go on. I really could not see RA fixing this team to get them into the playoffs, they would just look like the sonics.
Oh, I think with Adelman at the helm the team would make the playoffs. Probably squeak into that 8th seed again.

Still think that would be horrible for the team in the long run, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise, but we'd get there.

Oh, I think with Adelman at the helm the team would make the playoffs. Probably squeak into that 8th seed again.

Still think that would be horrible for the team in the long run, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise, but we'd get there.
I can't see it. with the eigth teams i listed to go along with Minn and GS, all of the team's weakness, the artest honeymoon over and so on. I can not see how this team would have made the playoffs with RA.

I can't see it. with the eigth teams i listed to go along with Minn and GS, all of the team's weakness, the artest honeymoon over and so on. I can not see how this team would have made the playoffs with RA.
Who's to say the Artest honeymoon wouldn't have continued? Things may well have stayed the same had the turnover in the locker room not occured.

But we'll never know. So best now to blow things up and move on.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What difference does it make? We don't have Adelman... and if we're lucky, we'll keep Musselman long enough for him to be the sacrificial lamb and not have to break in another coach just to see him wallow in the misery of our current roster.

Who's to say the Artest honeymoon wouldn't have continued? Things may well have stayed the same had the turnover in the locker room not occured.

But we'll never know. So best now to blow things up and move on.
Just going off artest's past, I really don't think it would have last lol. But I agree we could argue this point for years and we will never know. All we need to do is indeed blow this thing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.