[Game] Kings @ Grizzlies - 12/16/16 - 5PT/8ET

What value does Afflalo have when Ben Mclemore is beating him out for minutes? I seriously doubt anyone trades for Afflalo. He could find a role if/when a Rudy trade comes about.
I proposed on another thread that he could be let go to open up a spot when the Rudy for Payne and a salary match happens.
I wish things had worked out better for Afflalo, but he appears to be on that long list of aging players who totally lose their mojo once in a Kings uniform. Glad Temple seems to be an exception.

Could it be Koufos is starting to get comfortable in Joergers offense? Kosta has now had at least 10pts and 7 boards in the past 3 games. He didnt score in double figures for 7+ games before that.

Also, it really sucks that Joerger does not play rookies. How are they going to get better then??

trade Gay and maybe McLemore for Noel. Win-win, Noel's trade value is at an all-time low now since his tirade after the game tonight. We get a guy we thought WCS would be.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Could it be Koufos is starting to get comfortable in Joergers offense? Kosta has now had at least 10pts and 7 boards in the past 3 games. He didnt score in double figures for 7+ games before that.

Also, it really sucks that Joerger does not play rookies. How are they going to get better then??
Our margin is just too thin right now. If you're a bad team you play them, because you have lots of garbagetime and why not. If you're a great team you play them, because you have lots of garbagetime and they can't hurt you. But we're a scrapping clawing maybe if it all goes right 8th seed that plays almost every game tight. Lose even 2 or 4 points in a game to a kid's inexperience could easily cost us that game, and our chance of sneaking in.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
When it comes down to it, Koufos isn't really an offensive player. In scoring terms, he's best getting set up for layups/dunks and cleaning up offensive boards. Tonight Koufos got set up for about 8 really easy points out of his 16. Was that Koufos, or was that the rest of the offense finding him? It looked quite a bit like the latter to me. It may be more likely that our guards are getting more comfortable in Joerger's offense. And frankly, that's a much better sign than if it were just Koufos.

When it comes down to it, Koufos isn't really an offensive player. In scoring terms, he's best getting set up for layups/dunks and cleaning up offensive boards. Tonight Koufos got set up for about 8 really easy points out of his 16. Was that Koufos, or was that the rest of the offense finding him? It looked quite a bit like the latter to me. It may be more likely that our guards are getting more comfortable in Joerger's offense. And frankly, that's a much better sign than if it were just Koufos.
His scoring would improve , in my opinion, if he did not rush his little hook shots and such quite so much. Much like his free throws, it seems he cant get rid of the ball fast enough. I am glad we have him though for both his on the court contributions as well as seemingly being a genuinely decent person.

Or maybe Temple is earning the right to be the SG of this team until someone else develops enough to warrant that spot? Malachi projects as a volume scorer, something thats good to have off the bench. Temple is signed for three seasons, maybe we have found a nice all around SG that can start for three years? Why are fans so quick to pencil in 20 year olds as starters right away?

Assuming Cuz stays and Malacha and Bogdan will be solid guards, if we will be running the offense thrugh the high post, would we really need a traditional pg in the starting lineup? If temple and Bogdan can reliably get the ball up the court, being able to have 2 big guards would be great on the denfensive end and also for a mismatch on Offense against teams with a small gaurd

Dirk playing probably won't make much of a difference. When he's played this season, he's been, well, okay but his days of being a game changer are through.
I think his affect at this point will be more about team morale than his production. Having him back will definetly give the team and fanbase a kick.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
My dream trade dor rudy would be Akuntakuombo from the bucks and then next year temple and Akunananananana the 2 starting guards with Ariza WCS or Noel and Cuz
His name is Antetokounmpo, and the Bucks aren't trading him. They're especially not trading him for half a season of Rudy Gay.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
My dream trade dor rudy would be Akuntakuombo from the bucks and then next year temple and Akunananananana the 2 starting guards with Ariza WCS or Noel and Cuz
The Bucks aren't trading Giannis for LeBron, let alone Rudy. The guy is the next face of the entire league.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Apparently, several teams have been interested in Rudy but all the offers have been pretty low ball, so Vlade hasn't bitten.

There may be a mini bidding war around the trade deadline, perhaps Vlade is waiting on that.

If we hang on to him and lose him for nothing this summer, I'm going to be pissed. I don't think it'll go down like that.

And Rudy for The Greek Freak is probably everyone's dream scenario. Right after that trade we can flip Lawson for Wall and maybe send WCS to the Pels for Davis while we're at it.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Apparently, several teams have been interested in Rudy but all the offers have been pretty low ball, so Vlade hasn't bitten.

There may be a mini bidding war around the trade deadline, perhaps Vlade is waiting on that.

If we hang on to him and lose him for nothing this summer, I'm going to be pissed. I don't think it'll go down like that.

And Rudy for The Greek Freak is probably everyone's dream scenario. Right after that trade we can flip Lawson for Wall and maybe send WCS to the Pels for Davis while we're at it.
We won't get much for Rudy at the deadline before his free agency. If we reach that point and still have a legit playoff shot, its possible we may just keep him as getting the #8 spot would be a larger feather in our cap than some random player or indifferent youngster. We'd sill get Rudy's cap space back in the summer, and have a much better pitch to attract free agents with than if we dumped him and missed. Also of course up the odds of Cuz resigning.