Kings Former Play-by-Play Announcer Grant Napear Sues Sports 1140

He's probably going to win. How they went about it was not correct. This has nothing to do with the moral or ethical viewpoints he may or may not have shared. There is a process that needs to be followed with something like this and they did not do it. I imagine the $# is for the reminder of his contract.

Even though they were right to fire his ass, they likely didn't go about it the right way. I am not familiar with US employment law, but I imagine he has a good chance at winning here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted Grant gone years before he was officially let go but the reason he was fired for didn't make sense to me.
I don’t recall if it was his KHTK contract or his Kings contract that was up. But if it was not the KHTK contract, I think he’s got a good chance at winning his case .

I don’t recall if it was his KHTK contract or his Kings contract that was up. But if it was not the KHTK contract, I think he’s got a good chance at winning his case .
His khtk was a 2 year deal that was expiring. He does have evidence from may 2020 they were planning to offer another contract.

This is only about khtk, the Kings aren't part of it.

He is suing for race, religious, and gender discrimination. Saying he was treated unfairly because he is a white, religious, man. It is a rather novel theory, especially the gender and race parts.

His chances of success on the merits are slim. The chances that this sees a jury are even slimmer. If he can survive a motion for summary judgment, this likely ends in a mutually agreeable settlement. It may not even get that far if the parties can come to agreeable terms earlier. They will both be motivated to settle- Bonneville doesn’t want the publicity or legal expenses, and Grant’s attorney will likely sell him on settlement given the low odds of success.

Last edited:
He is suing for race, religious, and gender discrimination. Saying he was treated unfairly because he is a white, religious, man. It is a rather novel theory, especially the gender and race parts.

His chances of success on the merits are slim. The chances that this sees a jury are even slimmer. If he can survive a motion for summary judgment, this likely ends in a mutually agreeable settlement. It may not even get that far if the parties can come to agreeable terms earlier. They will both be motivated to settle- Bonneville doesn’t want the publicity or legal expenses, and Grant’s attorney will likely sell him on settlement given the low odds of success.
Did you read the complaint? Your way off.

Don't like Grant and wanted him gone but firing him over that was completely ridiculous. Hope he wins.
I'm not a big fan of Grant because of how he spoke during the Kings relocation saga. With the Anaheim threat he said if the Kings move it would be because of the politicians, the fans could do nothing about it and the Maloof's would not be at fault. When the Seattle threat happened he changed his tune. Why? It was obvious

Having gone through an employment lawsuit recently and knowing way too much about this subject there is no doubt in my mind he will win this lawsuit. I hope he gets more than he's asking for.
But what would he "win?" His contract had like a month to go on it. So, unless he gets emotional distress (highly unlikely), maybe they have to pay him for a month's salary?