Kings & Eric Moreland Reach Deal

It's one thing to have shot blocking ability and provide that quality. It's another thing to have shot blocking ability and pursue the shot attempt to the point where there is no plan after the shot is blocked. What excites me about Moreland is his relentless pursuit of the shot attempt and his disregard for his own personal safety. He doesn't care if blocking a shot might be inconvenient for him. Another very telling detail is that there were multiple teams that tried to sign him. Other teams also think that he's valuable.
I just want him to do the above quote - just concentrate on blocking shots and giving his all providing defense. That should be his primary mission and it shouldn't change. If he stays away or forgets the reason why he got picked-up by the Kings he might see himself out of the NBA sooner than he wants.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think it's important to remember that if not for some off court problems, Moreland might have been a high 2nd round pick. Of all the players on our summer league roster that wern't on gurarnteed contracts ( Stauskas, McCallum etc. ), Moreland was the player I wanted to see. He didn't get much press at Oregon St., since they were a bad team, and to be honest, the only time I watched him play was when Oregon St. was playing a team I was interested in, like UCLA or Arizona etc. But in those moments, he flashed his defensive potential. So I would think of him in the same way we thought of McCallum last year. Young and inexperienced, but with potential that could develop into something.

The nice thing about his position, is that he's under little or no pressure. He has some big bodies ahead of him in the pecking order. So anything he does to move up in that order will be considered a bonus. Like McCallum he may spend some time in the D-League. Who knows, two years from now, he may be an important part of the team. I know that doesn't help the now, but you have to plan for the now, and for the future. That's what good teams do! I, like many would like to think that he'll get his share of minutes, but history tells us that coaches don't like rookies, unless their named Lebron of course. Coaches like experienced players that make fewer mistakes. So we'll see just how confident Malone is about his job.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ah, so we did get Larry Sanders after all? :p

Well...be something to watch for I suppose. Some guys grow up. Some end up letting money make them into eternal teenagers, complete with blowing their career and living in their old bedroom at mom's again by the time they're 35.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ah, so we did get Larry Sanders after all? :p

Well...be something to watch for I suppose. Some guys grow up. Some end up letting money make them into eternal teenagers, complete with blowing their career and living in their old bedroom at mom's again by the time they're 35.
I did quite a bit of reading while picking the best articles to link to. I think Moreland has learned his lesson. I also think the organization will be keeping a close eye on him. ;)

I did quite a bit of reading while picking the best articles to link to. I think Moreland has learned his lesson. I also think the organization will be keeping a close eye on him. ;)
It sounds like it was just weed. So he got busted a second time for smoking weed. Not a big deal, but it does seem like he's matured, and hopefully (since I personally hate weed), he's given the stuff up.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I agree with you. At least, so far so good. This is his opportunity, so hopefully he doesn't blow it.

Can't wait till Moreland begins to make an impact. After all these years, I've never bought a kings jersey. My first one will definitely be a Moreland one. Black with the retro cursive kings letters :) I'll rep that all around Cali