Kings & Eric Moreland Reach Deal

That little voice in my head.... That says we were just as excited about Justin Williams, and Hassan Whiteside....I try to quiet it. :p
Moreland showed more in one summer league game than i ever saw out of Whiteside. With Whiteside it was always a game of what if. Hoping he would develop and not waste that tall body and long wingspan.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
lol if that were true he probably wouldn't have gotten Casspi
A lot of us here have no problem with the Casspi signing.

Anyway, back to the Moreland stuff...I cannot remember the last time when this fanbase was so excited about a kid who wasn't even drafted but showed heart and hustle and a real desire to play for the Kings. It's just another sign to me that the stench of the old regime is gone once and for all. We can all get back to being what we were - the best fans in the league. :)

Anyway, back to the Moreland stuff...I cannot remember the last time when this fanbase was so excited about a kid who wasn't even drafted but showed heart and hustle and a real desire to play for the Kings. It's just another sign to me that the stench of the old regime is gone once and for all. We can all get back to being what we were - the best fans in the league. :)
Proof that Kings fans know basketball. We don't just care about dunks and flashy plays and scoring. You go out there and hustle and block shots and the fans love you. And apparently the front office does as well

Glenn

Hall of Famer
A lot of us here have no problem with the Casspi signing.

Indeed. And an interesting change of attitude among us fans is that we are willing to give him time and weren't scared to death of his 14 game suspension in college. I think we are correct.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
To the posters bringing up Whiteside, he had no where near the energy that Moreland plays with. You can't teach hustle and grit, something this team really lacks so that alone was worth a shot to bring in an undrafted rookie.

K

KingMilz

How about DMC max deal? Darren Collison I think was a quality signing too.
DMC was re-signing and Collison is not a quality signing at all he's just ok, Moreland is a no lose signing DC on the other hand I'm not that impressed with but could turn out ok. The Collison signing is good if maybe compared to Landry but in general no.

About Moreland, I've got a good feeling about this kid. Smarts and hard working/dedication can take you a long way. He's clearly got those, and some very nice physical tools.

This feels similar to the McCallum thing. Our FO seems to have targeted the guy based on skills but also personal qualities. Seems to be working well with McCallum. This is part of the overall, slow, but thorough, culture change. VERY COOL.

3 years is absolutely golden. Gives us a year of flexibility to let him develop his/strength in Reno, at least at the first part of the year, and then bring him up next season or later in the year when we trade all the rif-raf at PF.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
3 years is absolutely golden. Gives us a year of flexibility to let him develop his/strength in Reno, at least at the first part of the year, and then bring him up next season or later in the year when we trade all the rif-raf at PF.
It also gives us full Bird Rights, so if he turns into something we can re-sign him regardless of our cap situation.