[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

Thing is, if he plays on Thursday...a lot of teams will hold back a player who just got back from a long injury break on the second night of a back-to-back. If Hali doesn't play tonight...that's when you know he wants the Kings.
It's funny there are reports he will play tonight.

Pacers have been on a huge slide while he's been out and vs. the Lakers represents the more winnable game. I don't know how coach and player and team needs balance out here. Would Haliburton say he needs one more day just to get the Kings and have them possibly lose the winnable game? Will coach think that he can roll the dice that they can beat the Lakers without him and that saving Hali for the Kings gives them a shot two take two in a row?

Or maybe Haliburton is fully good to go and doesn't miss a game moving forward. Sure will be interesting to see and I can't say I'd envy the decision process here.

lik
"Came here to say this. I want a big green beam over TD Garden when we win the chip"
The beauty of the Kings was the timing. It was like playoff potential ? BEAM!"
"I wanna beam 1"
"Yeah, this is the answer. That beam is cool as hell'
"*beamwagon'
"What? The giant flaming pile of trash I’ve been lighting outside my trailer after every win isn’t enough for you?'
LIGHT. THE. TRASH.

Frankly, if I were you guys, I'd be more worried about Theis.
I was actually thinking this. Although his injury status is still a little unknown to me. We'd be his first game of the year, right? I thought they were both targeting Friday until I heard about Hali possibly playing tonight.

I was looking at their roster because one of their other bigs was giving us fits if I remember right, but I can't figure out who it was.

I did see they have a dude (currently in G-League) named Trevelin Queen which is utterly hilarious to me.

Just realized the Pacers will be playing us on the 2nd night of a back-to-back, teams have been playing us lights out on the back end of their back-to-backs this year lol

And c'mon Hali, can't let the Lakers beat you by 1.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Just realized the Pacers will be playing us on the 2nd night of a back-to-back, teams have been playing us lights out on the back end of their back-to-backs this year lol

And c'mon Hali, can't let the Lakers beat you by 1.
Got his game winning layup demolished by AD too

It sucks to lose Fox for this stretch of winnable games but no, he should do what is best for his family. Unless I missed it there has not been a formal birth announcement and I believe the baby's due date has been pushed up so he should be there for Recee. He is going to be on the road for much of that child's young life. Being there for the actual birth is important. What are you going to do push it back in if it happens mid-game? force a premature c-section so you can see it earlier?

And this is why it's hard to just 'give up' on Davion Mitchell:
I feel like this is just the wrong audience for this message. There's very little that Davion could be doing better defensively. He's an ideal backup to Fox because he doesn't seem to care about shots or touches and he thanklessly takes on the toughest defensive matchup every time he's on the floor. And yet.... all I seem to hear about lately is that he's not scoring enough so we need to package him in a deal for a third star. It's been this way for 20 years. Whenever the team struggles, the fans point fingers at the guys who aren't scoring not the guys who aren't defending. If we can hold our position in the top half of the Western Conference long enough, the third star will come. Davion is a perfect fit as a role-playing rotation player for us precisely because we need to gradually mature away from the idea that we must score 120+ a night to win a game.

I feel like this is just the wrong audience for this message. There's very little that Davion could be doing better defensively. He's an ideal backup to Fox because he doesn't seem to care about shots or touches and he thanklessly takes on the toughest defensive matchup every time he's on the floor. And yet.... all I seem to hear about lately is that he's not scoring enough so we need to package him in a deal for a third star. It's been this way for 20 years. Whenever the team struggles, the fans point fingers at the guys who aren't scoring not the guys who aren't defending. If we can hold our position in the top half of the Western Conference long enough, the third star will come. Davion is a perfect fit as a role-playing rotation player for us precisely because we need to gradually mature away from the idea that we must score 120+ a night to win a game.
Eh, to me it's not so much about Davion the player. I'm a big believer in Davion's defensive talent (how could you not be?) but the issue is just simply getting him on the floor. Fox is minimum 33 a night. Huerter is 30 a night. Monk should be 25+. All of a sudden, we're out of guard minutes. And those top 3 have really established themselves as long-term core pieces imo. Davion hasn't yet.

So the idea is you flip Davion, who is fairly well stuck in a 10-15 MPG role for a wing/Forward in the vein of Vandy who potentially could be your long-term solution at the 4 and still give you that tremendous defensive boost. But even moreso because he's not trapped behind 3 other players on the roster.

Twslam suggested flipping him+Holmes for Jrich and Collins. While I like both players, that's not a good enough package right now to trade him. If Davion goes out, it should be for a core rotation piece we can count on for for the next 3+ years.