[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
While it would be foolhardy to think the team could go 10-20 and not risk continuing the drought it really does feel like some folks aren't recognizing that 50+ games amounts is a sizeable body of work representing more than half of the season.

But for all the Debbie Downers: Feb 10, 2019 was the final hurrah before the wheels came off that season :( (Kings beat Phoenix to move to 30-26). On the other hand we're 4 games above that pace right now, our coach and assistant GM aren't engaging in a complete war in the media, we didn't just ship the locker room leader out of town, and Luka is in town with a chance to whoop his butt twice this weekend.

While it would be foolhardy to think the team could go 10-20 and not risk continuing the drought it really does feel like some folks aren't recognizing that 50+ games amounts is a sizeable body of work representing more than half of the season.

But for all the Debbie Downers: Feb 10, 2019 was the final hurrah before the wheels came off that season :( (Kings beat Phoenix to move to 30-26). On the other hand we're 4 games above that pace right now, our coach and assistant GM aren't engaging in a complete war in the media, we didn't just ship the locker room leader out of town, and Luka is in town with a chance to whoop his butt twice this weekend.
They've earned where they are, but perhaps it can be true that the NBA landscape is far different within the span of a single day as well. No different than any other year where teams go for that last hurrah. It also doesn't change the fact that Fox needs a little more help, now, and long term. Even prior to that shift it was true.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
They've earned where they are, but perhaps it can be true that the NBA landscape is far different within the span of a single day as well. No different than any other year where teams go for that last hurrah. It also doesn't change the fact that Fox needs a little more help, now, and long term. Even prior to that shift it was true.
also though, we made a big move in 2019 and got worse. It happens all the time with these moves, they fail/blow up spectacularly almost as often as they hit.

also though, we made a big move in 2019 and got worse. It happens all the time with these moves, they fail/blow up spectacularly almost as often as they hit.
This is the first time the Kings have had a solid foundation they've committed to though. Back then Fox was still being dorked around. Once you have a core of a few guys, then you can decipher needs and goalposts.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
This is the first time the Kings have had a solid foundation they've committed to though. Back then Fox was still being dorked around. Once you have a core of a few guys, then you can decipher needs and goalposts.
2019 was the move for Barnes which was still a good move and probably the right move even for that minute in time. It just goes to show that even good moves don't always pan out, or the sauce needs some time to marinate into the meat. Also you have to cut the rotten Buddy and Marvin out of the dish before it spoils.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Seeing the Zion news in the Kings news thread makes me wonder if we need a Playoff tracker thread, similar to our annual Tankathon threads, where we can talk Western Conference games and monitor the standings.
I moved it to the NBA forum. Feel free to start such a thread if you like!

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I didn't quite grok the context of the tweet but figured it out before I got to the teams at 27 because I have been tracking the loss column ever since we got into 3rd.

I do think this is significant, but the fact that we have games in hand is both a blessing and a curse here.
But it does put where the Lakers sit in a whole ton of perspective.

I didn't quite grok the context of the tweet but figured it out before I got to the teams at 27 because I have been tracking the loss column ever since we got into 3rd.

I do think this is significant, but the fact that we have games in hand is both a blessing and a curse here.
But it does put where the Lakers sit in a whole ton of perspective.
It really needs to add number games remaining to make it significant.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Win % is irrelevant. If you have played less games, but the same games back your win % will be slightly higher. Example 30-20 = .600, but 35-25 = .58.

As the saying goes, you can't make up a loss. Which is why the loss column is the important one.
If there is a large discrepancy in games remaining it matters more. I know you can't make up a loss, but I believe on this table there are a few teams playing below .500 that are ahead in the L column but also behind in the W column.