[KINGS] Comments that don't warrant their own thread (Redux)

What jumps out is what already was jumping out. Being average on D and great on O makes this team really good. The average on D part is a big part of it though without that and in this environment they're potential play in fodder.
I think it just makes us a bit more of a volatile team. 17th on defense is near a highpoint for us over a 10 game stretch. And we had a quick look in the Raptors game if our league best offense all of a sudden falls to like 18th-20th for a game... not pretty.

Generally, I think that's why the more well-balanced squads tend to go further in the playoffs. As good as the Kings have been, if you find a way to disrupt the offense, you know the defense isn't going to bring them back into the game.

That's kind of been my thinking with regards to a Vanderbilt type player to plug at the 4 and just add a defensive lynchpin to the starting 5. We'd take a step back on offense, but if Vandy can get you from a bottom 5 defense to a consistent top 14 defense? Might be worth the drop from Top 3 offense to top 7

I think it just makes us a bit more of a volatile team. 17th on defense is near a highpoint for us over a 10 game stretch. And we had a quick look in the Raptors game if our league best offense all of a sudden falls to like 18th-20th for a game... not pretty.

Generally, I think that's why the more well-balanced squads tend to go further in the playoffs. As good as the Kings have been, if you find a way to disrupt the offense, you know the defense isn't going to bring them back into the game.

That's kind of been my thinking with regards to a Vanderbilt type player to plug at the 4 and just add a defensive lynchpin to the starting 5. We'd take a step back on offense, but if Vandy can get you from a bottom 5 defense to a consistent top 14 defense? Might be worth the drop from Top 3 offense to top 7
I really like Vanderbilt - can improve the Fox 2nd unit right now and potentially start in future seasons. Would make our defense very switchable.

But I wouldn’t put too much stock in the Toronto game. Toronto is freaking long/weird. It reminded me of the early season Orlando game where Bol Bol lit us up. The Kings were confused and frustrated and Toronto had a good Sabonis game plan and dictated the pace of the game.

I think the players will learn from it and adjust. But the game did illustrate that we need more guys that can put pressure on the rim.

If Monte could turn Holmes and 2 seconds into Chris Boucher, I’d be stoked.

I see Jerami Grant turned down a big contract extension of 4 years and 112. As shocked as I am about him turning it down, I'm even more shocked the Blazers offered it to begin with. They're just like any other team in the mix between the last 6 spots in or so but one would think that them getting Grant would have been one of those instant payoff things and if not, rebuild time. We'll see how they finish but this is what keeps teams mediocre and then really bad for a long time. Kings fans know how that one goes. The Blazers already started signing their young guys back and that's super hard to build around when they are going to be the 3rd highest paid player on the team at least.

That said, I wonder if Grant turning that down could turn the Blazers into sellers at the deadline?

I see Jerami Grant turned down a big contract extension of 4 years and 112. As shocked as I am about him turning it down, I'm even more shocked the Blazers offered it to begin with. They're just like any other team in the mix between the last 6 spots in or so but one would think that them getting Grant would have been one of those instant payoff things and if not, rebuild time. We'll see how they finish but this is what keeps teams mediocre and then really bad for a long time. Kings fans know how that one goes. The Blazers already started signing their young guys back and that's super hard to build around when they are going to be the 3rd highest paid player on the team at least.

That said, I wonder if Grant turning that down could turn the Blazers into sellers at the deadline?
Grant would be a good fit for the Kings

https://www.youtube.com/live/FBDQB4OXZI0?feature=share

at the -2:25 mark Fox’s mom comes on and throws some shade at her son for not playing until the 4th quarter haha. Fav non Fox player is Sabonis and she would have liked to say Monk but he makes her too nervous haha
When I was Fox's age I am sure my mom didn't like it when I brought my heavily tattooed friends around "why can't he hang out with a nice boy like Keegan" she'd say.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Tyrese probably triple circled the Kings game on the schedule to come back.

He probably would of played on one leg if he needed to, just to get a crack at beating the KIngs!
Thing is, if he plays on Thursday...a lot of teams will hold back a player who just got back from a long injury break on the second night of a back-to-back. If Hali doesn't play tonight...that's when you know he wants the Kings.

Thing is, if he plays on Thursday...a lot of teams will hold back a player who just got back from a long injury break on the second night of a back-to-back. If Hali doesn't play tonight...that's when you know he wants the Kings.
If Hali is healthy enough to play, he's going to play against the Kings. He will save himself for the Kings, I'm sure of it. Even if he needs to sit out the next 10 games afterwards, he will play against the Kings.