[KINGS] Comments about the Kings that don't warrant their own thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
True.

But those wonderful 4K screen aren't visible from outside the G1C.

Since the plaza at DOCO is positioned as a gathering spot, it'd make a lot of sense to have one of these. You saw what was happening outside the arena in Toronto during the postseason and Finals. The same could happen in SAC except that --- oh we don't have one of those here.

These displays outside major venues is becoming commonplace. Every single Grand Slam tennis event I know of has outdoor viewing available. Numerous NBA arenas have them now. Not everyone can get a ticket to the event. But would love to be near the action.

Since G1C was built only 3 years ago, it just never made sense to me that they didn't include something like this considering T-Mobile already had done it and now Chase Center has followed suit.
Isn’t that something that could be put up on the fly? I was under the impression that the “Jurassic park” thing was something they did for the playoffs not every single regular season game. Honestly, I don’t know.

I would imagine that something similar could and would be erected should the Kings make the playoffs at DOCO. If not, then I agree, missed opportunity.

Isn’t that something that could be put up on the fly? I was under the impression that the “Jurassic park” thing was something they did for the playoffs not every single regular season game. Honestly, I don’t know.

I would imagine that something similar could and would be erected should the Kings make the playoffs at DOCO. If not, then I agree, missed opportunity.
I'm sure you're right. It can be. But I just thought something that was built into the project -- like T-Mobile and now Chase -- would have been nicer.

I mean, I realize that I'm talking about spending someone else's $$ -- but hey, they went all out on the indoor scoreboards and other amenities -- so why not this too?

When not used for televising big games, it's makes for great advertising. That's how T-Mobile uses it and it looks fantastic IMO.

G1C does have the smaller video boards on the sides of the entrances -- but they don't stand out near the same.

Rewatching the game against the Bucks where the Kings almost pulled off a huge comeback despite Joerger starting the dumb Willie/Barnes/Bogie/Buddy/Fox lineup and taking Harry Giles out midway through the 4th quarter despite him being unstoppable after Bagley went down. Bogi had an amazing game, Buddy had a bad shooting night but wound up with 32, De'Aaron had an offnight and got muscled by Bledsoe in the clutch, but now that Joerger's no longer employed by the team I think I can say that his official "**** this I'm out of here" phase began somewhere between us trading for Barnes and the All-Star Break and the Kings would have probably won this game with a different coach.

Can't wait until October (thankfully we still have De'Aaron and Bogi and CoJo playing in the World Cup to tide us over)
Man i can not wait to see Bogi, Fox, Giles and buddy under a different coach

Bagley looking good. Is the other big on his team Giles? It sort of looks like him with the white stockings but can’t tell for sure. It could be Kabengele as Giles isn’t even mentioned but if it is he sure plays like Giles.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Bagley looking good. Is the other big on his team Giles? It sort of looks like him with the white stockings but can’t tell for sure. It could be Kabengele as Giles isn’t even mentioned but if it is he sure plays like Giles.

I mean, it was super hard to get a look at the guys with the shaky camera and all, but I'm pretty sure that the big on one of the opposing teams wearing the Clippers shirt was Kabengele. I think that the white-stockings big playing with Bagley was Cheick Diallo. (I'm not *that* good, but if you go to the YouTube page the players, though not the teams, are listed in the comments...)

I mean, it was super hard to get a look at the guys with the shaky camera and all, but I'm pretty sure that the big on one of the opposing teams wearing the Clippers shirt was Kabengele. I think that the white-stockings big playing with Bagley was Cheick Diallo. (I'm not *that* good, but if you go to the YouTube page the players, though not the teams, are listed in the comments...)
Yeah. I didn’t see Giles name but the big playing with Bagley sure played like Giles right down to the needless push on an offensive screen that would have been a foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.