[Game] Kings @ Cavs 12/9/2022 4:30pm Pacific 7:30pm Eastern

On a scale of doomed to DOOMED, how doomed are the Kings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cavs forum having a total meltdown. Lotta funny and familiar comments there. Some props as well.

JB got excited after that Okoro 3. couldn’t wait to watch the tape postgame. Forgot about the final 5 mins in the game by that point.

Send Bickesrtaff,Okoro,Stevens,Osman,Love,Neto,Lopes for Keegan Murray

We got out coached by f***** Mike Brown let that sink on. What a horrible way to lose to the Browns of the NBA

It's a crazy a** world when I would prefer Mike Brown over our current HC. I know we were missing our best player but that loss was totally unacceptable. They should've made some adjustments. I know Sac is improved but you can't let them go on a 19-0 run to close out a game in your building. With that said I was very impressed with Sabonis and their rookie Murray. Can't remember Sabonis playing this well when he was in Indiana. They have a really nice team.

Mike Brown and Mike Malone were great together. Mike Brown by himself is not that guy.

The difference is their team has a number of knockdown shooters who are also passable defenders. Keegan Murray, Huerter, Barnes, Lyles, even Monk.

People can hate on Mike Brown all they want, but the Kings haven’t been to the playoffs in 16 years, are the 5th ranked offense, and currently 5th in the West. They started out the year horribly on defense and are currently 21st but are 12th in the last 10 games. If their offense continues to perform this way and their defense continues to improve, they can finish with a top 4 seed in the West and still have some trade flexibility. If that happens Brown will probably win coach of the year.

The loss was bad. The Kings aren't.
I guess sports fans in general are just delusional in nature, not just here and Kings fans... :p

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
That chain is so incredibly stupid it’s perfect and I love it.

also amazing that light the beam has infected the locker room. Beam team is for real!!
They told us up front Brown did this kind of stuff and it was like yeah, sure, great.

Honestly I don't understand how he fell into our laps.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Personally, I don’t think everything he does shows in the box score. I think he moves well without the ball, plays smart defense, and plays within the flow of the offense. He may not be excellent in every category, but what he’s doing really contributes to winning games. When he went out tonight with foul trouble was when the Cavs started their comeback.

I think it’s additionally hard for any rookie to play on a winning team. There’s a lot more pressure on him, and he doesn’t have as much room to make mistakes. I think he has a lot of room to take his game to the next level, but he’s focusing more on being a team player right now, as he should.
It's the same problem Bagley sorta had except instead of rising to the challenge his dad helped get everyone fired and then when he still struggled took his ball and went home.

Keegs puts in the work, has a dad who doesn't take poop for effort or an answer, a twin brother who apparently he is intent on besting at ever level and is a robot about everything else. I believe almost everyone who gets drafted has the talent to make it in the league, but its those intangibles that is often the difference between success and failure.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Nice game (the part I was able to watch. Dang DVR for some reason didn't record it. Will watch the whole thing when it re-airs later. Was only able to catch the last part..

Anyway, quick question.... Is anyone worried about Murray being a one dimensional player at the moment? His whole shtick seems to be shooting a 3pt shot and that's pretty much it. Hardly any rebounds for a guy of his age and size, no assists, ect ect..

Do you think it's because of him just playing a role as a sharp shooter, and he's not being asked to go overboard on any other facet? I am not saying he cannot become more or anything and I have no idea if this is what's being asked of him so far. Seems when I check out the box score I see Murray scoring like 10-15 points with 1-2 rebounds and maybe 1 assist. I believe he's more than that so I am on the side of the argument that this is what's being asked of him because he's a young player and has years to work on other stuff.
He does need to get more rebounds, but part of rebounding is preventing the other team from getting rebounds by blocking out. He's been good doing that, imo, and there is no stat for that. He's just a baby in the NBA right now. He can still get much stronger by off-season workout programs, which will help his entire game, including rebounding.

I'm happy Barnes is around for this. We don't beat the Cavs without him. He's in year 5 with us and has been a pro thru all the ups and downs. Last year most of the fanbase would've been happy to trade him for a late first rounder or a young prospect (frequently Nesmith who with the Pacers is averaging 7 points on 37% shooting). He's a perfect fit for this team as assembled and I'd love for him to be around if and when the drought finally breaks

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm happy Barnes is around for this. We don't beat the Cavs without him. He's in year 5 with us and has been a pro thru all the ups and downs. Last year most of the fanbase would've been happy to trade him for a late first rounder or a young prospect (frequently Nesmith who with the Pacers is averaging 7 points on 37% shooting). He's a perfect fit for this team as assembled and I'd love for him to be around if and when the drought finally breaks
Agreed. It's too bad that Holmes has not participated in this resurgence. He's always been a hard worker and good team guy, but he doesn't seem to fit. To think that he was a key starter on this team not that long ago....

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
I admit to turning on Barnes at the start of the season but up to that point I maintained steadfastly that he would be a key piece when this team turned around. I'm glad I was proven right even if I lost some faith. Also none of the Boston dudes impressed me enough to roll the dice on even with picks attached (which I believe Boston was steadfast in not including). Most are hanging on to the league.

I see Keegan playing some good D and spacing the floor on offense. It would be great to see him get a few more looks at the rim, but overall I'm not too worried. His minutes have been solid even though he isn't stuffing the Stat sheet.
Same.. Not too worried, just something I noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.