Kings Are In The Playoffs.

what days are the games going to be on. I will buy them but it is kind of hard to get off work when you dont know what day to take off.

Things look good. Kings are playing their best ball of the year. In fact, they hit the playoffs in much better rhythm than the last two years. It's so nice not to stumble into the playoffs. Remember those late year losses to Golden State last year that cost us playoff positioning?

joejoe said:
Things look good. Kings are playing their best ball of the year. In fact, they hit the playoffs in much better rhythm than the last two years. It's so nice not to stumble into the playoffs. Remember those late year losses to Golden State last year that cost us playoff positioning?
I was thinking the exact same thing :D

Glad we made the playoffs. But a buzz killer is knowing that we will probally face SA.

Here are some interesting stats...

Kings in the last 39 games since Artest are 25-14 overall, 14-3 at home, and 11-11 on the road.

Spurs in the last 39 games are 30-9 overall, 14-4 at home, and 16-5 on the road.

We have been great at home winning 17 of the last 20 games, and have actually played well on the road winning 9 out of the last 14. (9-5)

Last edited:
playoffs here we come! I am feeling really good right now.. lovin this! I am really happy for the guys and glad SAR finally gets to taste the postseason. I would love to see him play some inspired ball. GO KINGS!!!

R

Rome

Man IM so proud of this team. They turned their awful season around over the 2nd half of the season. They would easily be a 50+ win team if they had Artest from the begining of the season.

Man, I'm excited. But it feels like we just won a championship around here. I guess we really did suck that badly at one point.

Weren't the Kings in the bottom 5 of the western conference a few months back?

Sirius said:
Man, I'm excited. But it feels like we just won a championship around here. I guess we really did suck that badly at one point.

Bottom 5!!! LOL
Portland was the only team worse at one point!!

I love how most of you guys thought Ron wouldn't work out. I knew it would've all along! For two years I had to wait for this dream to come true. And what's funny is, if we would've had him with Webber, IT WOULD've BEEN OVER! Title for sure!, but Petrie waited till now... whatever.

Sirius said:

Yes 2nd worst, and the Blazers had a worst record, and they beat us too if i remember correctly, one man can make a difference.

I was poking around the Spurs fans website and found an interesting thread where members rank the probability of first round upsets based on current standings. With the caveat that they are Spurs homers... nobody in the thread gives the Kings > 25% chance of an upset. Most say 10-15% chance no matter what, with Kings maybe picking up a game in the series.

I personally think, objectively speaking, the Spurs would win in 6. But I certainly wouldn't be surprised by a Kings triumph in round one based upon their turnaround in the last 2 1/2 months.

Regardless, it will be one entertaining series!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wuster said:
With the caveat that they are Spurs homers... nobody in the thread gives the Kings > 25% chance of an upset. Most say 10-15% chance no matter what, with Kings maybe picking up a game in the series.
If the tables were reversed, I think the results would be pretty close to the same here.

I certainly hope the #8 seed works out to be as deceiving as it seems to me...this team is NOT your typical 8 seed. Hopefully the Kings will remember that as well...they have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Steve Kerr's take:

"Meanwhile in the West, San Antonio can clinch the No. 1 seed with a win in its last two games, or a Dallas loss. But as the Spurs stumble toward the finish line, it's apparent that the conference is more up in the air than it has been for quite a while. With the Kings and Lakers surging and Denver struggling as the third seed, there could be an upset or two as the West playoffs progress."

He goes on to rank Kings as #10 in NBA, ahead of Nuggets and Lakers:

"10. Sacramento Kings (43-38, Last ranking: 11) – The Kings shellacked the Nuggets in Denver on Saturday and showed San Antonio (or Phoenix) that they'll be a tough out in the first round."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=sk-rankings041706&prov=yhoo&type=lgns