Kinda missing Frank Kaminsky...........but we have Bjelica

I saw a Phoexix Suns game the other day, and Frank Kaminsky was playing very well in the final minutes of the game.
Then the next night or so we got beat by Orlando at home, without Fox and Bagley.

It made me think we maybe should have kept Kaminsky. He’s a seven footer, can shoot, and can play center (kinda). I’m not sure why the Kings waived him. I’m sure there were good reasons. I know he didn’t look very good in the preseason games.

I think the King’s waived Kaminsky because he and Bjelica play a similar game, and Bjelica is a better rebounder and better defensively. And because (I think) the Kings wanted to be able to play Metu at times, and he seems to be a very good defensive player. Maybe the King’s just figured they had too many bigs?

Still, watching that Suns game made me think Kaminsky could have helped the Kings.
Does anyone out there agree or disagree with what I’ve said about the Kings bigs and getting rid of Kaminsky?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I mean, it mostly comes down to the issue of who the hell Kaminsky was going to be playing instead of on the team.

As it is, we're having trouble finding enough minutes for Bagley as it is and I'd rather us keep a developmental player with our fourth big slot than a guy who for better or worse is kinda already maxed out as a prospect and Kaminsky doesn't really offer much that some of our other guys already can't do.

Belly does everything he does, but better. Kaminski is a little bigger, but not a better defender. If they traded Belly or never signed Whiteside, he could've had a spot warming the bench. Otherwise, he's essentially another GR3/Parker. Doesn't contribute to winning, not a future piece, and no trade value.

Thanks for the input. I guess I‘ve just always kinda been a Kaminsky fan since his great college career at Wisconsin. I appreciate the comments.
I brought up in the thread where we were wondering who was getting cut that Frank can play with Bagley. That was important to me because we'd be able to play Marvin more.

I like Whitside, but a Whiteside + Marvin combo isn't very good.

Hopefully Metu works out long term.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I brought up in the thread where we were wondering who was getting cut that Frank can play with Bagley. That was important to me because we'd be able to play Marvin more.

I like Whitside, but a Whiteside + Marvin combo isn't very good.

Hopefully Metu works out long term.
The thing that’s changed this season is that Bagley has displayed a far better outside shot than any of us probably anticipated. It’s allowed us to play our starting lineup without spacing issues. Oddly enough teams have packed the paint against Bjeli the last couple of games because he absolutely refuses to take open threes for some reason.

The thing that’s changed this season is that Bagley has displayed a far better outside shot than any of us probably anticipated. It’s allowed us to play our starting lineup without spacing issues. Oddly enough teams have packed the paint against Bjeli the last couple of games because he absolutely refuses to take open threes for some reason.
I still think the utility of having Frank would of helped, but what's up with Bjelica? He should be taking his 3 almost every time he is open.