Kevin Martin

Not to mention that it's a popular term for the reacreational drug Ketamine, which is really only supposed to be used as a horse tranquilizer.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ok, to sum up our apparent choices:

1) nearly defunct line of bargain cheapo department stores
2) fruity superhero who favors bright red tights
3) horse tranquilizer used as recreational drug

Welcome to the NBA Kevin! :p

Bricklayer said:
Ok, to sum up our apparent choices:

1) nearly defunct line of bargain cheapo department stores
2) fruity superhero who favors bright red tights
3) horse tranquilizer used as recreational drug

Welcome to the NBA Kevin! :p
Things that make you go hmmmmmm. ok maybe not.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This is very odd. I don't seem to ever recall such a desperate race to pin an official nickname on one of our players before. Did Gerald ever get one? Kind of reminds me of the old asian shopkeeper in the movie Tremors who kept on insisting that the single most important thing they could do about the monster worms trying to eat the town was give them a name...right up until the moment one of them ate him. I mean, really now...is it really THAT important???

VF21 said:
:confused:

The drug? I just thought it was a breakfast cereal.

Hmmmmmm...

Reason #612 why VF21 is old.
i know it as a cereal too if that makes you feel better :)

PejaFanatic said:
It's just me, but 'Special K' sounds kind of feminine and fruity.
then you'll feel sorry for the Harlem Globetrotter with that nickname already

Bricklayer said:
This is very odd. I don't seem to ever recall such a desperate race to pin an official nickname on one of our players before. Did Gerald ever get one? Kind of reminds me of the old asian shopkeeper in the movie Tremors who kept on insisting that the single most important thing they could do about the monster worms trying to eat the town was give them a name...right up until the moment one of them ate him. I mean, really now...is it really THAT important???
doesnt a player havta wait a few years until he developes a nickname, unless the name is already given?

Bricklayer said:
This is very odd. I don't seem to ever recall such a desperate race to pin an official nickname on one of our players before.
Quite simply, we haven't had a draft pick show up with a college nickname that was the same one as an established NBA star's. Some fans want to ID him with a unique moniker. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

Bricklayer said:
I mean, really now...is it really THAT important???
No more or less important than posting thoughts and ideas on Internet bulletin boards.

When I see "Flash" I think of "all flash and no substance." I'd learn to live with it I guess, but I can't help thinking...

How about "the kid"? He looks about 15, and it'll lower expectations for the rook (if he's Flash, I'm expecting to be wowed). Besides, I think KG's outgrown it.

It's before my time, but I think "My Favorite Martin" would get a few chuckles.

"Bones" is accurate and sounds cool and when he gets knocked down by a charge (at least once per game) we can say, "he's dead, Jim."
~~