Keegan Murray Intro Press Conference

I think Siakam is the best comparison I can come up with out of the current nba. Murray I think has more shooting talent and I think Siakam has a bit more length.

Sometimes it's the little things. Noticed when Keegan held up new #13 Kings jersey displayed with full knowledge camera location and proper angle up to his body for best shot. Then turned it over for front-on shot, again perfectly centered. But most interesting part was how after that photo op placed his jersey back on table where seated and gently folded it - like with reverence. Not just tossing it down like some old rag. What does this little stuff mean? Shows a certain careful attention to detail which is reported hallmark everything Keegan Murray does on and off the court. I can't believe dumb (2nd round obsessed) Sactown press corps did not ask Keegan why selected #13. What bunch of worthless nitwits!

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
I think what some people are missing when they talk about trading the second round picks or whether Sasha Vezenkov is coming over this summer or not is that we currently have 7 players on the roster with expiring contracts. Monte might try to package some of them as part of a bigger trade or he might keep them to guarantee more cap space next season. It's hard to know right now if there will even be roster spots left to add anybody. Keegan Murray gets a spot. Keon Ellis might get a spot. I think most of us expect Donte DiVincenzo and Damian Jones to get contract offers. Without a trade that's pretty much the roster. Next summer when spots open up, that's probably when Sasha comes over and we actually have space to draft someone in the second round again.

Good to see these local reporters develop some spine. The gloves have been on for wayyyyy too long. Monte really said #37 for two late, future seconds was good asset management. Lolzzzzz. Is he betting on Luka retiring?

And he tap danced around the Euro dude. Someone shoulda asked, Monte, since the trade, have you or anyone in the org talked to the Euro dude? Hahahahahaha.

Sometimes it's the little things. Noticed when Keegan held up new #13 Kings jersey displayed with full knowledge camera location and proper angle up to his body for best shot. Then turned it over for front-on shot, again perfectly centered. But most interesting part was how after that photo op placed his jersey back on table where seated and gently folded it - like with reverence. Not just tossing it down like some old rag. What does this little stuff mean? Shows a certain careful attention to detail which is reported hallmark everything Keegan Murray does on and off the court. I can't believe dumb (2nd round obsessed) Sactown press corps did not ask Keegan why selected #13. What bunch of worthless nitwits!
When he picked his number he said he used to be 3 and 10, so it was 1 and 3, for 13. Something to this effect.

I think what some people are missing when they talk about trading the second round picks or whether Sasha Vezenkov is coming over this summer or not is that we currently have 7 players on the roster with expiring contracts. Monte might try to package some of them as part of a bigger trade or he might keep them to guarantee more cap space next season. It's hard to know right now if there will even be roster spots left to add anybody. Keegan Murray gets a spot. Keon Ellis might get a spot. I think most of us expect Donte DiVincenzo and Damian Jones to get contract offers. Without a trade that's pretty much the roster. Next summer when spots open up, that's probably when Sasha comes over and we actually have space to draft someone in the second round again.
Yeah I don't understand the "we have tons of open slots available" chatter from some, DDV and Jones will likely be back, JJ mkIII will not, and we need to move off many of those expirings.

And he tap danced around the Euro dude. Someone shoulda asked, Monte, since the trade, have you or anyone in the org talked to the Euro dude? Hahahahahaha.
It might have something to do with the terms of the buyout clause and him being under contract to another team, even in a different league, there are rules.

I enjoyed watching him, I thought he was really well spoken, he didn't always give the answer that the reporters were looking for but he obviously seems to speak with some thought and doesn't just shoot off the cuff. I think that's good for what we need.

He also had enough sense not to talk too much about Fox being at his workout, whatever the role was (Did you play with him?)

It might have been nice to hear him talk about how he envisioned the interplay between Fox, Sabonis and himself but on the other hand I'd rather hear Mike Brown tell us that.

Glad our guys are making a great first impression on Keegan by grilling Monte on his second round picks for most of the press conference for some reason
Well, he better get ready because this season could be a combat zone of an organization if this doesn't pan out into success haha.

Glad our guys are making a great first impression on Keegan by grilling Monte on his second round picks for most of the press conference for some reason
TBH I was just delighted that they didn't start asking about Ivey trade down scenarios. It's like this is Keegan's day you jerks. I really think the organization is justified limiting folks access if they are going to ask questions like that. I am not saying don't ask hard questions but do it when appropriate, not on Keegan's parade day.

A drafted 2nd round player doesn’t take a roster spot until you sign him.

Just something about this kid.....his confidence, how articulate he is. He just gets it. When I watched the Ivey interview when he was balling like a baby...I don't know what it was but it was super annoying to me. I get emotion and all that but it was a little over the top. His mom even seemed embarrassed (and really wasn't emotional). I think the greats don't act like this until they win a championship or something. Keegan seems extremely calculated and focused.
He still had his head down crying the next day in Detroit. It wouldn't seem to bode well for dealing with pressure. We'll see

If Murray had the same reaction as Ivey when drafted by us, NewEra and Shasta would be raving about how much he loves the game and how passionate he is, and how it bodes well for the future.

I was 100% team Murray and not high on Ivey but y'all are being a little harsh here.
Maybe, but I think there is something to it. Just don't know if I can recall the greats sobbing like this when they got drafted. While I get that it's a huge achievement to make it to the NBA, becoming and All-Star and winning championships is a completely different thing. I just don't get that vibe from Ivey.

I'm just glad we have a mature, well spoken, 22 year old man who can live in the moment and not break down. Ivey is still a boy at age 19 which OK but he was overly emotional, fragile to the point of absurdity, imo. He'll outgrow it soon enough but what put on display before the world would have thoroughly embarrassed me if saw Keegan lose it like that.

Q: Why do you love basketball?
A: Because I've been disrespected.
Honestly I thought that was a weird answer to the question, but maybe he heard it as what drives you.

But also it was kind of a weird question, "why do you love basketball". "Actually I wanted to be a plumber but I noticed I was kind of tall so I thought I'd give it a try and I was pretty good at it so this guy said I could go to his school".

Mentioned Khris Middleton as someone he wants to model his game after and likes the pace he plays at. Hmmm.

I don't remember young Middleton, but similar height, weight, wingspan.
I actually remember seeing Middleton play at Texas A&M, strangely enough his 3pt shot looked great on makes but his percentages were really weak Freshman and his final Junior Year, which hurt his stock and dropped him to the 2nd round and even might have kept him in college for 1 more year than he had liked.

Keegan was decidedly a WAY better college player, way ahead of where he was at across the board...

I actually remember seeing Middleton play at Texas A&M, strangely enough his 3pt shot looked great on makes but his percentages were really weak Freshman and his final Junior Year, which hurt his stock and dropped him to the 2nd round and even might have kept him in college for 1 more year than he had liked.

Keegan was decidedly a WAY better college player, way ahead of where he was at across the board...
Dead on! And everyone would have said Middleton was a reach at #4.