Keegan Murray Intro Press Conference

Mentioned he knew he'd have a bigger role his sophomore year and the first thing he did was make sure he was in shape to be on the floor 35-40 MPG.

Says his competitive spirit is the biggest misconception about him. He works to stay even-keeled; something he actively changed from high school. Feels he's one of the most competitive guys.

Mentioned Khris Middleton as someone he wants to model his game after and likes the pace he plays at. Hmmm.

I don't remember young Middleton, but similar height, weight, wingspan.

Just something about this kid.....his confidence, how articulate he is. He just gets it. When I watched the Ivey interview when he was balling like a baby...I don't know what it was but it was super annoying to me. I get emotion and all that but it was a little over the top. His mom even seemed embarrassed (and really wasn't emotional). I think the greats don't act like this until they win a championship or something. Keegan seems extremely calculated and focused.

He's also very happy to be here. I know it sucks that we have to take that into consideration but I think it helps in the overall team chemistry and we need that.

Summary:

-Plays with a chip on his shoulder, grinded his face off to be where he is after being unranked in high school with 1 D1 offer.
-Thinks people take him being even-keeled as non-competitive. Worked to change that from high school when he got too heated at times during the game. Biggest misconception about him
-Wants to model his game after Khris Middleton. Likes the pace he plays at.
-Already understands how he'll fit with Fox/Sabonis. Space the floor, cut for Sabonis passes.
-Believes he can multiple positions; 3 or 4.
-Hates his brother, can't wait to get away from him.

Mentioned Khris Middleton as someone he wants to model his game after and likes the pace he plays at. Hmmm.

I don't remember young Middleton, but similar height, weight, wingspan.
Middleton is like the new Paul Pierce in that every new wing is getting compared to him.

At the combine Middleton was 6’6.75” in bare feet with a 6’10’75” wingspan. Murray never got his measurements but I think he’s actually a little taller with similar length.

Its not the worst comparison. Middleton is essentially a secondary scorer and secondary playmaker. I don’t think Murray has shown that type of playmaking yet but he can sure score the hell out of the ball.

Middleton is like the new Paul Pierce in that everybody new wing is getting compared to him.

At the combine Middleton was 6’6.75” in bare feet with a 6’10’75” wingspan. Murray never got his measurements but I think he’s actually a little taller with similar length.

Its not the worst comparison. Middleton is essentially a secondary scorer and secondary playmaker. I don’t think Murray has shown that type of playmaking yet but he can sure score the hell out of the ball.
Yeah it took Middleton awhile to develop the passing. 9.5%, 11.7%, 12.7% AST rates his first 3 seasons before really exploding into the playmaker he is today. Just a very common thread for these secondary-creator wings to take a bit of time to develop as creators. Paolo will be well ahead of the 8-ball on that though; his creation will be pretty unique for the archetype.

Back to burgers. Keegan said his top three after now enjoying famous California one. 1) Au Cheval in Chicago 2) Shake Shack 3) In-N-Out

Ok, but Fox gets it right as reporter who asked question said, can now have debate. Nothin' better than a Wattaburger!

Yeah it took Middleton awhile to develop the passing. 9.5%, 11.7%, 12.7% AST rates his first 3 seasons before really exploding into the playmaker he is today. Just a very common thread for these secondary-creator wings to take a bit of time to develop as creators. Paolo will be well ahead of the 8-ball on that though; his creation will be pretty unique for the archetype.
In college Middleton showed playmaking. Murray really hasn’t up to this point, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

Murray has a lot more scoring talent and some big skills like rebounding and shot blocking that Middleton didn’t showcase in college.

I want Murray to be more than a spacer and cutter. He has some real big time scoring talent.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/khris-middleton-1.html