Justin Jackson showing some improvement

I have been pleased with his performance of late. Before it was he did not give us much in the minutes he played and I winced every time he shot.

Now I find myself seeing him grab a rebound, drive and score and actually hit a few out side shots.

Is the jury still out on him? At least that’s better than why is he even in the rotation.

My hope for JJ is that in his prime, he’s what Shump is for us now but a maybe a few more PPG. A good defender, plays within the offense, hits the open three. A solid glue guy, which is a more important role than people typically think.

I have been pleased with his performance of late. Before it was he did not give us much in the minutes he played and I winced every time he shot.

Now I find myself seeing him grab a rebound, drive and score and actually hit a few out side shots.

Is the jury still out on him? At least that’s better than why is he even in the rotation.
This and I’ve been impressed with his willingness to attack around the basket. Not sure why I had him pegged as soft early on but he’s in there mixing it up, that’s the least you can ask

I think JJ is making good progress. I no longer cringe when he puts up a 3 anymore. :p As has been pointed out by others, he needs to work on his strength to help him be a better defender and rebounder. He tends to get pushed around a bit.
There just isn't really time to really go hard on strength training during the NBA season. I fully expect him to have a phenaaawwwmenal offseason in the weight room. What they've been able to do with Giles so far has been incredible. JJ is classic "hard gainer" but can still be done.

He’s had a consistent stretch of games with no 20 minute 0-0-0 lines. Slowly but I’ve been encouraged by his December for the most part.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Justin Jackson won my heart based on a tweet I saw yesterday. He's one of those character guys every team needs and I'm even more willing now to give him more time to grow into his role with the Kings. Sacramento is better (on and off the court) because he's here.

He's another indication of the Kings being #BiggerThanBasketball and once again shows me what Vlade is trying to buiild here. Sacramento is unique. Our fans are unique and our team is unique.

It's a great time to be a Kings fan!

Justin Jackson won my heart based on a tweet I saw yesterday. He's one of those character guys every team needs and I'm even more willing now to give him more time to grow into his role with the Kings. Sacramento is better (on and off the court) because he's here.

He's another indication of the Kings being #BiggerThanBasketball and once again shows me what Vlade is trying to buiild here. Sacramento is unique. Our fans are unique and our team is unique.

That’s good people.

Okay, I'm sold! And I feel like a douche now for being critical of his play.

Ok, sorry if this is already known but it wasn’t explained in the video. What is Coco’s relationship to the Jacksons? Is she their birth child, being adopted or is it a sponsor situation?

It’s a great story regardless, but I want to be sure I understand fully.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ok, sorry if this is already known but it wasn’t explained in the video. What is Coco’s relationship to the Jacksons? Is she their birth child, being adopted or is it a sponsor situation?

It’s a great story regardless, but I want to be sure I understand fully.
Good questions. By the "welcome CoCo to the family" comment I kind of assumed it's an adoption situation. They deserve some family privacy, however, so that might be why it wasn't explained in more detail.

Good questions. By the "welcome CoCo to the family" comment I kind of assumed it's an adoption situation. They deserve some family privacy, however, so that might be why it wasn't explained in more detail.
Yeah it seems most definitely to be an adoption scenario. They were only recently married (like before last year) and there was never any mention of kids or him being a father. The way he is in this video with Coco there would definitely have been some mention. He is too loving, as is his lovely wife Brooke, for us not to know about them being parents when they were married.

Very heartwarming, and a great story about an NBA player doing good in the community. I have always been a fan of his and hope he figures out thru the love and support of his family to hold his head high at all times during games especially when his shot is not falling and to find ways to contribute. His confidence level is key to his success

Am I the only one on the forum that was completely disgusted by this play? How is that an acceptable effort for a role player at best trying to get some playing time? The complete lack of desire to get the ball (was closer to it could have dived without injurying Harrell) and than just standing and watching is just amazing to watch.

Am I the only one on the forum that was completely disgusted by this play? How is that an acceptable effort for a role player at best trying to get some playing time? The complete lack of desire to get the ball (was closer to it could have dived without injurying Harrell) and than just standing and watching is just amazing to watch.
I am not disgusted by it because I have come to expect this half-hearted apathy. Diving on the floor is out of the question for Jackson, he might ruin his manicure. By the way it is good thing Bogs was so legendary last night or today we would talking about the wide open layup Jackson chucked over the rim. He plays with the force of a mosquito. Total choke job with 4 seconds left spared thanks to a miss free throw by Ingram and rainmaker from the Serbian assassin.

"But...but....he's improving...." . No he got obliterated by Kuzma last night and it was only D-Fox demanding to be switched onto to him that got us the stop we would otherwise not gotten. Let's stop with this foolishness about Jackson. If Joerger puts him on Kuzma again on Sunday he is aiding and abetting the enemy.

I am not disgusted by it because I have come to expect this half-hearted apathy. Diving on the floor is out of the question for Jackson, he might ruin his manicure. By the way it is good thing Bogs was so legendary last night or today we would talking about the wide open layup Jackson chucked over the rim. He plays with the force of a mosquito. Total choke job with 4 seconds left spared thanks to a miss free throw by Ingram and rainmaker from the Serbian assassin.

"But...but....he's improving...." . No he got obliterated by Kuzma last night and it was only D-Fox demanding to be switched onto to him that got us the stop we would otherwise not gotten. Let's stop with this foolishness about Jackson. If Joerger puts him on Kuzma again on Sunday he is aiding and abetting the enemy.
One has to ask why play Jackson at 4 over Giles? Not only does it further shorten an already short bench, but Jackson was a sieve against Kuzma and Giles could hardly do worse.

JJ has been better but I don't see any starting gig in his future. I think his ceiling is a solid role player off the bench.

He just doesn't have the length or strength to become a legit full time starter. Simply put, he's just OK at everything. I see a low-end starter and/or spot starter at best IMO.

But don't get it twisted, I'm liking his improvement for sure. And every team needs quality bench talent.