Jimmer just had a 75 pt game. ..

Am I the only one that thinks Jimmer could have done well in the nba? Why is Trey Young ok and not Jimmer. Did Jimmer come at the wrong time ? He obviously needs the ball in his hand to be effective, needs to be point guard, hes not a shooting guard.

Am I the only one that thinks Jimmer could have done well in the nba? ...
There might be another but, basically, yes. Jimmer was a huge liability on defense, and was rarely much of a force on offense when playing against NBA-level athletes. He could get hot and be a plus maybe 1 game in 10 (if that) but the rest of the time he was a big minus.

Am I the only one that thinks Jimmer could have done well in the nba? Why is Trey Young ok and not Jimmer. Did Jimmer come at the wrong time ? He obviously needs the ball in his hand to be effective, needs to be point guard, hes not a shooting guard.
He is nowhere near the ball-handler or passer that Young is. He's also not as good at getting to the rim (related to the former) and couldn't finish well. Jimmer may well have carved out an NBA career had he hung around, but he made the right choice for him I think.

He always struggled mightily handling the ball. He wasn't big enough to play SG, which left him in no mans land. I'm not even bringing up the defensive side of the ball.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I bought his jersey. I had high hopes. ;)