Jaren Jackson Jr

Jackson is the only player I’d entertain taking after a trade down maybe Bagley too, nobody else though
Thing is, if we like him then Atlanta probably will too. Might need to take him at #2. Only way I like trading down is if the fo feels like all of these guys are too close to call. Even then you need to find a trade partner (atl, mem, or Dallas probably) that feels differently and really wants to move up. Last year with Boston was different because they were a good team drafting for fit. The teams up top this year all suck so bpa is mostly fine. I don't think we're trading.

JJJ is still 18 too. Much was made about Marvin Bagley's reclassification, "he shouldve been a senior in HS" was often repeated during broadcasts. Bagley turned 19 in March am i supposed to believe he shouldve been a senior in HS????? Idk bout you guys but I graduated HS at 17.

JJJ a full year younger than many of these one and dones. He's 15 months younger than MP Jr.

Jjj is the most underrated player in this draft imo. Younger than Doncic, a better shot blocker than Bamba, a better three point shooter than any of the other bigs. He's the best big man prospect since kat imo. I think fans are viewing him as a project, this guy is ready to come play right away imo.

Jjj is the most underrated player in this draft imo. Younger than Doncic, a better shot blocker than Bamba, a better three point shooter than any of the other bigs. He's the best big man prospect since kat imo. I think fans are viewing him as a project, this guy is ready to come play right away imo.
Izzo babied Jackson as he did Deyonta Davis and mismanaged his most talented roster terribly last year . Mo will end up the better shotblocker but i agree with everythingg else, wouldnt call him the most underrated either, but as far as this boards concerned with this pick he is.

Thought he easily outplayed Bagley in their matchup and i thought his showcase for the entire season was more impressive than marvins. Thats why he's higher on my board.

I see shades of anthony Davis, similar build and his timing and explosion are somewhere close.

Izzo babied Jackson as he did Deyonta Davis and mismanaged his most talented roster terribly last year . Mo will end up the better shotblocker but i agree with everythingg else, wouldnt call him the most underrated either, but as far as this boards concerned with this pick he is.

Thought he easily outplayed Bagley in their matchup and i thought his showcase for the entire season was more impressive than marvins. Thats why he's higher on my board.

I see shades of anthony Davis, similar build and his timing and explosion are somewhere close.
Anything Davis is a great ultimate upside comp. Jjj had very similar per 40 numbers to ad in their freshman seasons. A lot of similarities, jjj is the better scorer while ad is the better rebounder. About the same when it comes to blocking shots. Jjj is more advanced as a shooter at the same age.

Last edited:

dude12

Hall of Famer
Word is JJJ has been near automatic from 3 in workouts.....
If and I mean IF the Kings are torn between Doncic, Porter and Bagley...assumed Ayton is 1st pick, then Sac can trade down to 5 at most and roll the dice that JJJ is picked in the top5.

I just don't know if trade down offers are going to be worth it with the draft about 7-8 deep with quality guys. If your Dallas at 5 do you trade up to get JJJ knowing you might get Bamba if you stay put. I don't know if its worth it for the teams......they have to LOVE one of these guys.

Will be interesting if he chooses to work out here (after already being scheduled with Atlanta)... we’ve had a history of going with guys who want to be here

I just don't know if trade down offers are going to be worth it with the draft about 7-8 deep with quality guys.
I don't think it's worthwhile for the Kings to trade down in a draft class such as this unless they are securing another top pick in this very same draft (and I'm not talking #12 and #13 like that lame Clippers trade rumor). I'd really hate to see them trade down just to acquire a pick in the 2019 draft -- which will be a much weaker draft.

THIS is the draft to gamble on. And the Kings rarely have as high a pick as they have now. So unless they can somehow turn #2 and whatever else into something like #5 and #8, 9 or 10 (highly unlikely) --- I believe they are much better off staying put.

I don't think it's worthwhile for the Kings to trade down in a draft class such as this unless they are securing another top pick in this very same draft (and I'm not talking #12 and #13 like that lame Clippers trade rumor). I'd really hate to see them trade down just to acquire a pick in the 2019 draft -- which will be a much weaker draft.

THIS is the draft to gamble on. And the Kings rarely have as high a pick as they have now. So unless they can somehow turn #2 and whatever else into something like #5 and #8, 9 or 10 (highly unlikely) --- I believe they are much better off staying put.
I strongly disagree. The Kings can potentially maximize their return by trading down to 4 5 6 or 7 still getting their guy and future picks.

If they move down it's gonna be for az big, which is the strong suit in this draft, the strong suit in the next 2 drafts will be SF.In the event they land Nassir Little in next years draft it'll have all worked out