It's official... Kawhi wants OUT

Durant yes. Not even close with the other guys .
Durant isn’t better than Kawhi id debate curry whose closer but not the snake riding a 73-9 team to a ring

after that trade WCS/Skal 6 mil for 20 mil Kawhi We would not have cap space for Bradley and Bjleca
If Temple opts out maybe one of them
Add Jackson and that’s 8.5mill for 20mill
We’d have 20.5 mill available and I thought ZBo contract wasn’t guaranteed so there’s that.

Durant isn’t better than Kawhi id debate curry whose closer but not the snake riding a 73-9 team to a ring

Add Jackson and that’s 8.5mill for 20mill
We’d have 20.5 mill available and I thought ZBo contract wasn’t guaranteed so there’s that.
Lol . Right. The guy who just took home back to back finals MVPs and helped get them their title back from Lebron is riding coattails You can say he’s a p***y who couldn’t handle playing with Westbrook, but he’s definitely not riding anything.

The Kings are going to be used in the rumor mill as always. You're going to see a bunch of tweets about how we are willing to give up all our valuable assets for him because San Antonio is going to be in the ear of these reporters to try and drum up as much value as possible for Kawhi.

Ever notice how the Kings rumors never seem to make a lick of sense? It's because the franchise has made so many dumb mistakes in the past that teams just use them in the rumor mill because anything seems believable when it comes to the Kings. Trading for Kawhi makes zero sense.

I know we can't use the B word here but that's exactly what Kawhi turned into in less than a year after being one of the most respected players in the league. He's a diva that screwed over his teammates and the fans of San Antonio last year and what do you know, all the sudden he wants out and he wants to go to Los Angeles. Screw him.

The spurs still have leverage here. He's still signed for an additional year and they can postpone their super max until NEXT summer. That and I can't see Pop giving in and dealing with LAL.

The spurs still have leverage here. He's still signed for an additional year and they can postpone their super max until NEXT summer. That and I can't see Pop giving in and dealing with LAL.
Lakers have 0 shot but the media will proclaim him a laker.

Most likely goes to Philadelphia for Fautz, Saric, Covington, and multipl picks

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Kawhi wants to be in LA, send him to LA. If Lebron wants to join him in make a third superteam bid, that's fine too. It's never easier to hate the Lakers than when they're in full on front-runner mode poaching other team's stars with the shiny bauble that is Hollywood as the bait. I'll be relishing the eventual implosion. Every time our roster of kids beats them it will feel that much sweeter. I don't think this affects us one way or another. We're not going to resign Kawhi, we're not in the running for Lebron or any other superstar. If we're going to build a winning team it starts with making the right pick at #2 and letting the kids build chemistry together. Golden State built a dynasty out of nothing that way. We don't need to mimic their roster but the way they built it is how we're going to have to build ours.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Lol . Right. The guy who just took home back to back finals MVPs and helped get them their title back from Lebron is riding coattails You can say he’s a p***y who couldn’t handle playing with Westbrook, but he’s definitely not riding anything.
Actually, no he can't. Family-friendly, remember? :p

As a fellow Laker hater it always burns my biscuits that purely based on location they are always one off-season away from being a great team. It's like they don't have to do any hard work, any real scouting, or really succeed at anything except being based in Los Angeles.

I hate when players state their “preference” while under contract and basically nuking the franchise. It can’t be helped but It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I must say it’s disappointing that Leonard turned out to be a diva and I’m sure dogged the Spurs last season.

We often mistake stoicism and mild manners for humility and strong character. When it’s often a mask. I remember everybody used to think Derrick Rose(in his early years) was this humble guy because of his stoic and quiet demeanor. Turned out his demeanor and silence was more because he was a dolt and he was anything but the kind of character we think of from somebody with those traits.

Spurs are a contender if he’s healthy. There is no basketball reason to want to leave. His sell out seems unprovoked and even more shameful likely faked his injury. Maybe the wrong people just got in his ear.

Anyway, I don’t want him here. Last thing the Kings need is some guy holding the franchise hostage because he’s too good to play just anywhere, no matter the quality of the franchise or winning championships apparently. When you leave the Spurs with a preference for a lowly team in a big market just because of the market it speaks very loudly about that player.

Doesn’t sound like his head is in the game. Maybe that’s what he was worried would’ve shown if he played more last season

Last edited:
If Kawhi goes to the Lakers it will be in a trade at the end of the summer, it will gut their team, and they wont have signed any big names. Pop hates the Lakers ...

I would take Kawhi only if he signs before the trade if it is possible. I dont take a verbal agreement. Pen to paper. Again. If it is even possible. Otherwise no thanks. Plus, we dont even know if he is really broken or not. Did he sit out the year to screw one of the classiest organizations in the L? Is he that much of a ******? Pardon my French.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'd expect the Kings to at least make an interesting offer to Pop, they have plenty of assets to get a deal done. I don't want to spend the farm on him though, so Boston might seem like another good option for them to head in.

I'd expect the Kings to at least make an interesting offer to Pop, they have plenty of assets to get a deal done. I don't want to spend the farm on him though, so Boston might seem like another good option for them to head in.
I wonder how interested San Antonio would be in a straight-up trade: Leonard for Hayward.

I say that because Kawhi Leonard only has one year left on his contract the simultaneously Gordon Hayward is coming off of an injury but is under a much longer contract.

There are question marks for franchises for both of these players. For Gordon Hayward the question is can he return to form after the injury and how does he fit into the Celtics future when cheaper and younger players like Tatum and Brown look promising?
For Kawhi Leonard the question is if you are traded to a team like Boston will you resign with them or do you play your year and move on to where you wanted to be all along? This is a similar Dilemma to what Paul George, the Lakers, and Oklahoma City are dealing with.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I wonder how interested San Antonio would be in a straight-up trade: Leonard for Hayward.

I say that because Kawhi Leonard only has one year left on his contract the simultaneously Gordon Hayward is coming off of an injury but is under a much longer contract.

There are question marks for franchises for both of these players. For Gordon Hayward the question is can he return to form after the injury and how does he fit into the Celtics future when cheaper and younger players like Tatum and Brown look promising?
For Kawhi Leonard the question is if you are traded to a team like Boston will you resign with them or do you play your year and move on to where you wanted to be all along? This is a similar Dilemma to what Paul George, the Lakers, and Oklahoma City are dealing with.
which is exactly why I would be scared of trading for Kawhi because he may of all ready made his mind up that he wants to play in a big market so I don't know how aggressive I would be in acquiring him.

Thanks to Vlade and co, the Kings actually have a lot of nice expiring that can be paired with #2 pick. Randolph/Shump/#2 for Kawhi as long has commits to extension.

If Ayton drops to #2, Pop will have that David Robinson anxiety all over draft night.

Kings just need to make sure its not a 1 year rental.

Am I the only one that is concerned that Kawhi's production is as much product of the Spurs system as his individual capabilities?

I do not doubt that he is a very good player, but whoever expects him to produce on their team as well as he did for Spurs might be in for a rude awakening.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
You're probably not the only one, but I can only speak for myself. I'm not concerned about it. He might be, but it's not like there's any precedent: Popovich has had five star-level players under his tenure, and Leonard is the first one who has ever wanted to leave the Spurs to go play somewhere else, so there's no counterfactual that we can point to.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You're probably not the only one, but I can only speak for myself. I'm not concerned about it. He might be, but it's not like there's any precedent: Popovich has had five star-level players under his tenure, and Leonard is the first one who has ever wanted to leave the Spurs to go play somewhere else, so there's no counterfactual that we can point to.
That's what puzzles me. Is Pop breaking down? Is the organization that has been so rock solid breaking down? To paraphrase Paul Harvey, I'd really like to know "the rest of the story."