It's official... Kawhi wants OUT

I had hoped that Kawhi would decide to return to the Spurs, and that the strange story of his absence this season would ultimately prove to be a small hurdle in an otherwise stellar career. Prior to the media leaks of tension between Kawhi and the Spurs, all I'd ever read is that he's a soft-spoken gentleman who prefers to let his game do the talking. It's a shame to see a selfish streak running through a player of his demeanor.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I had hoped that Kawhi would decide to return to the Spurs, and that the strange story of his absence this season would ultimately prove to be a small hurdle in an otherwise stellar career. Prior to the media leaks of tension between Kawhi and the Spurs, all I'd ever read is that he's a soft-spoken gentleman who prefers to let his game do the talking. It's a shame to see a selfish streak running through a player of his demeanor.
If so, he'll fit right in with that certain Southern California team.

Let me start by saying Kawhi is the 2nd best player in the league and it isn’t arguably. Now if we’re not taking Doncic is trade 2/WCS/ Skal for Kawhi. Rather risk losing Kawhi than draft anyone not named Doncic

Here’s the tweet saying we could be a team to watch.

Give Avery Bradley 15mill and Bjlecia 8mill

Fox
Bogdan/Buddy
Kawhi/Temple
Bjlecia
KK/Giles

If I'm Lebron I'm having a conversation with Leonard to work together and get on the same team
More likely than ever along with Paul George joining up for big three.
That's a terrifying proposition, and if it were to happen anywhere other than LA, I'd be intrigued. But if the Lakers manage to pull off a coup of that magnitude, I'm going to throw up...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That's a terrifying proposition, and if it were to happen anywhere other than LA, I'd be intrigued. But if the Lakers manage to pull off a coup of that magnitude, I'm going to throw up...
I'm already dreading the Lakers-GSW rivalry that will consume all of sports - except me. I can hear Grant pontificating now - and I want to hurl.

So I Saw He wants to go to LA

If Kawhi says he wants to be in sac, and signs extension MAYBE

but for one year for him to become FA after 1 year -NO NO NO
If LA gets PG and or Lebron which I expect they won’t have space to sign him so they’d be out of the running next year.

Vlade would have to belive he could assemble a playoff team and win over Kawhi this year.

Fox-Buddy-Bogdan-Kawhi-KK is a playoff team to me. We saw how clutch the kids were now add an mvp player

If LA gets PG and or Lebron which I expect they won’t have space to sign him so they’d be out of the running next year.

Vlade would have to belive he could assemble a playoff team and win over Kawhi this year.

Fox-Buddy-Bogdan-Kawhi-KK is a playoff team to me. We saw how clutch the kids were now add an mvp player
My bad that team after signing Bradley and Bjlecia would be:

Fox-Bogdan
Bradley-Buddy
Kawhi-Temple
Bjlecia
KK-Giles

Let me start by saying Kawhi is the 2nd best player in the league and it isn’t arguably.
That is definitely debateable. Id have a really tough to saying he is the 2nd best player while Durant Harden, Cousins, Davis and some other players that I havent mentioned exist.

Let me start by saying Kawhi is the 2nd best player in the league and it isn’t arguably. Now if we’re not taking Doncic is trade 2/WCS/ Skal for Kawhi. Rather risk losing Kawhi than draft anyone not named Doncic

Here’s the tweet saying we could be a team to watch.

Give Avery Bradley 15mill and Bjlecia 8mill

Fox
Bogdan/Buddy
Kawhi/Temple
Bjlecia
KK/Giles
after that trade WCS/Skal 6 mil for 20 mil Kawhi We would not have cap space for Bradley and Bjleca
If Temple opts out maybe one of them

Entity

Hall of Famer
IF IF IF Kawhi would sign an extension. Yes.

I don't see it though... He wants to go to LA. I don't think the bright lights and history of Sacramento are quite as impressive.

And heaven help the team if the do a one year rental.
could there be a contract extension prior to trade. or would we have to accpect the word of Leonards agent?