I think we can all agree this will be a very exciting offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that Petrie is going to something pretty big this offseason. As much as I hate saying it but I wouldn't be suprised that one of the big 3(Miller,Bibby,Peja) is going to be traded. I think they are going to try to bring in somebody big. The Kings know that they can't play the high post offense with out good shooting big men. Miller is the clear exception and Darius and Thomas are not to bad but let's face it, they are not dominating enough to play the low post. I really feel this is going to be a crazy offseason. I am looking forward to it.

I can't stand ppl on the radio saying they are going to sell there season tickets and not go to the games. You can tell who was riding the bandwagon.

Go Kings!!!

Bibby is the only untouchable if you ask me, but I'll chime in more a bit later, we still have atleast another game to go. Go Kings!!!!

Last edited:
i don't think we should talk about the offseason until we lose. i know it's tempting after all we've seen the past 4 game, but we have to say "it's not over till it's over".

It could be exciting, or it could be very frustrating if there aren't any deals out there for us and we don't pick up anyone out of free agency. I don't see much middle ground. It's going to fall on one of those extremes. Petrie is smart, so I'm optimistic that it'll be on the exciting end of the spectrum.

Bibby is untouchable and trading Miller would be a big mistake, so I think Peja is our only tradeable star. As much as I love Peja, I would like to see Peja and maybe a filler get traded for a good PF or SF. Preferably a defensive minded player like Artest, Boozer, or Richard Jefferson just to name a few.

I know "familiarity breeds contempt" and perhaps my slant is colored by watching enough to see the bad our guys do as well as the good, not just a highlight reel on Sportscenter where you see only the good plays. But, depending on which direction management and coaching staff wants to take this team depends on who is available and who isn't. For instance, if it's decided to stay with the current offense then Brad, at least, is safe but you can make a case that no one else is, including Mike who's ole' defense allows too much penetration from guards not even known for their penetration skills. Then he has to outshoot the guy to be on the plus side for the evening. And since you have to give quality to get quality I wouldn't be surprised to see his huge contract moved in conjuction with, say, Peja for a player with substantial gravitas. I keep hearing people say, "well, Petrie has a master plan" and maybe he does but I'd call it more a goal since it takes two to trade and if the guy/guys your planning on do not become available then you just have to keep working in the direction you've decided to go. Since mimickry is the sincerest form of flattery then with all of the teams now running our offense I think the originators, us, should have a leg up in attracting the attention of talented players. I mean, what's not to like about our team/area?

What will happen to maurice evans? He's not on payroll on kings next year, and he made a great contribution as mobley/stojakovic's backup, i wish he could come back

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
CaminoChaos said:
I believe that Petrie is going to something pretty big this offseason. As much as I hate saying it but I wouldn't be suprised that one of the big 3(Miller,Bibby,Peja) is going to be traded. I think they are going to try to bring in somebody big. The Kings know that they can't play the high post offense with out good shooting big men. Miller is the clear exception and Darius and Thomas are not to bad but let's face it, they are not dominating enough to play the low post. I really feel this is going to be a crazy offseason. I am looking forward to it.

I can't stand ppl on the radio saying they are going to sell there season tickets and not go to the games. You can tell who was riding the bandwagon.

Go Kings!!!
Would you really want to spend all that money to watch a losing team???

SacTownKid said:
Well, plenty of Kings fans did that for a lot of years. And fans of a lot of losing teams have done that for decades (uhhhh, Cubby fan anyone). Not that I want it to be that long again. But the Kings are my team, winners or losers.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Lots of threads touching on what will happen in the off-season, so I'm closing this one.

Just a hint for new members: The more threads you start about the same things, the more diluted the conversation gets.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
SacTownKid said:
Sacramento's support was never peviously tied to any particular level of success. What made them so remarkable -- they came out win or lose and supported the team. Unfortunately I fear the team's recent success may ironically have forever ruined that.

Status
Not open for further replies.