I demand George Karl is fired

Karl hasn't talked to Cousins since April. Everyone, local and nonlocal, has confirmed that. This is real. Karl doesn't want Cousins, never did, and is doing some seriously shady crap behind the scenes. I'm with Brick. Anything we can do to get that guy out of here, I'm on board with.

Karl needs to get the hell out of here regardless. Damage is done. Maybe Cousins demands out even if they fire Karl. If that happens, fine, trade him if you have to, but don't let Karl coach this team afterwards. You don't let guys like him win in this scenario. ****. That.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Unfortunately as chris manix (sp?) just said on CD's show, even if we fire Karl there is no guarantee that that will placate cousins. At this point he has no trust in our FO. As chris said, we're probably at that point of no return with cousins.
Thibs.

Thibs Thibs Thibs.

Vivek would not understand him. Paceketeers would hate him. But Cousins trusts him, or at least we think he does.

Unfortunately as chris manix (sp?) just said on CD's show, even if we fire Karl there is no guarantee that that will placate cousins. At this point he has no trust in our FO. As chris said, we're probably at that point of no return with cousins.
IMO if George Karl does not stand side by side with Vivek and Vlade clearly stating that DeMarcus is the cornerstone they plan to build the Kings around and that DeMarcus is untradable. Then Vlade has no choice but to fire Karl. Both Vivek and Vlade have clearly stated in public that DeMarcus is not a trade option.

Just clear the air and move on.

There's no way out of this. This dumpster fire of a franchise has done it yet again. I swear this has to be about the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen from a sports franchise. The ineptitude of these guys is unbelievable. I've never seen anything like it.

Theres no way to win at this point. We trade Cousins and were a joke. We fire Karl and were a joke. We have Cousins play for Karl and were going to be a joke. There's literally nothing this franchise can do at this point to save face. Just when we thought it couldn't possibly get any worse...

Thibs.

Thibs Thibs Thibs.

Vivek would not understand him. Paceketeers would hate him. But Cousins trusts him, or at least we think he does.
Unfortunately, it really would be the only option at this point. It's too bad that things went so bad with Corbin last year, if the team could have held out for the rest of the year I truly believe Malone would have been back here already. Now that he is with the Nuggets that ship has sailed.

The reason I say unfortunate is that we won't be hiring Thibodeau either. I do believe that Ranadive is becoming less involved, but he still wants pace and I think Divac does as well. So that eliminates that.

Also this team can't fire another coach who is on a 3-year contract after just 30 games, especially one with the experience of Karl. It looks bad, the league already thinks this team is dysfunctional, that would just further add to that.

Glad my favorite teams are
The 49ers: dumpster fire.

The A's: minor league for the rest of MLB. And a joke.

And the Kings: flaming poo storm with no end in sight.

I fear your right esp47. There is no way out of this for the Kings. They have "royally" f'd things up. The scarier thing is what valuable FA would willingly come here and willingly insert themselves into this poo storm?

Glad my favorite teams are
The 49ers: dumpster fire.

The A's: minor league for the rest of MLB. And a joke.

And the Kings: flaming poo storm with no end in sight.

I fear your right esp47. There is no way out of this for the Kings. They have "royally" f'd things up. The scarier thing is what valuable FA would willingly come here and willingly insert themselves into this poo storm?
The A's are hardly a joke. Think of how many times they've made the playoffs with a tiny budget. They are actually a model franchise.

Everything else I'll give you though....

I've, on several occasions, started writing extremely anti Karl notes but didn't want to ruin the brainless euphoria around here at the hall of fame (not officially) coach we have who back stabbed Corbin to get this job in the first place.

Did anyone stop to ask why Karl was available? Why he would take this job, if theoretically he'd be a top candidate anywhere?

This is why no one else wanted him. Sure didn't take long for him to show it.

Karl comes out and says Boogie is the franchise player today.

Or fire him.

You ****ed up again Vivek. I never understood the rush to hire him but got silenced around here pretty quick and gave up fighting the rushing tide of silly misplaced optimism.

I've, on several occasions, started writing extremely anti Karl notes but didn't want to ruin the brainless euphoria around here at the hall of fame (not officially) coach we have who back stabbed Corbin to get this job in the first place.

Did anyone stop to ask why Karl was available? Why he would take this job, if theoretically he'd be a top candidate anywhere?

This is why no one else wanted him. Sure didn't take long for him to show it.

Karl comes out and says Boogie is the franchise player today.

Or fire him.

You ****ed up again Vivek. I never understood the rush to hire him but got silenced around here pretty quick and gave up fighting the rushing tide of silly misplaced optimism.
Bull.

People had reservations on him, but NO ONE expected Karl to go off the deep end like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at the players supposedly complaining - almost all are of the same mold: selfish, stat-driven ball hogs that do not win. If I was the coach, I'd want to be rid of them too.

i was ripped for calling the ownership/FO n00bs. they're noobs- lead by a irritating noob who wants to change the game. i don't blame cousins camp for wanting to move him to a more uhm... stable work environment.

What if this source was actually from Vivek/Vlade... and they leaked it as a way to have public support for firing Karl, knowing he was a PDA guy (also knowing that Karl was indeed up to these shenanigans). That would be a rather epic move.

Then hire Thibbs pronto cause that's the coach Cuz wants, from his experience on Team USA. Now THAT would be epic.
OR swap coaches with Denver, which is probably what most of us want...either of these scenarios would change my longtime Kings Fan status from "Dimming" to "Flame ON"!

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
So much for George "Staying in his lane"
That's just salt in the wound.

I remember when Karl said that because it assuaged one of my main concerns with him - that he's always been over involved in roster decisions. Well that and his penchant for rubbing his players the wrong way while over sharing with the media. I thought that's the best case scenario - Karl coaches, Vlade manages the roster and Vivek really only shows up when the team accomplishes something like most good owners do.

Sheesh.

I really get a feeling that PDA is behind all of these "sources".

Yes. I would tend to agree that Karl may have been asking to trade DMC for more of his type of players, i.e. Lawson and Faried, at the end of the season, when PDA was still here. Which I also believe that Vlade and Vivek promptly shot down.

Here is where the weasel PDA let's out the "rumor" of Karl is trying to trade DMC, to cause more spite between the Kings and DMC camp, knowing full well that Vlade would not allow that to happen. As Vlade has stated numerous times DMC is not going anywhere.

Karl gains nothing for letting out this "rumor", it will only cause him more problems with his franchise player, whom he know is not going anywhere.

Now, who benefits from re-starting this rumor???? Who else but the weasel PDA.

PDA knows Vlade will not trade DMC, despite any wishes (previous or current) of Karl's, but that will not stop his bitter a** from spreading these rumors to get petty revenge and try to get DMC to the Nuggets. More discourse for DMC, the better for PDA and the Nuggets to try and pry him away.

Vivek and Vlade really needs to file for an investigation and tampering with the NBA against PDA and the Nuggets (and Mike Malone too, if he is in on it).

Last edited:
That's just salt in the wound.

I remember when Karl said that because it assuaged one of my main concerns with him - that he's always been over involved in roster decisions. Well that and his penchant for rubbing his players the wrong way while over sharing with the media. I thought that's the best case scenario - Karl coaches, Vlade manages the roster and Vivek really only shows up when the team accomplishes something like most good owners do.

Sheesh.
Vivek only shows up when the Golden State Warriors are in town. :p

People had reservations on him, but NO ONE expected Karl to go off the deep end like this.
that's not really accurate. a number of posters voiced concerns at the time of the hire that george karl and demarcus cousins would be incompatible, and that, when push came to shove, the kings could very well be forced into an "either/or" situation with the two of them. hell, plenty of national writers raised the same concerns. i certainly didn't expect to read an adrian wojnarowski article about george karl attempting to build a coalition within the organization to pressure kings management into trading cousins. but i did expect that karl would try his hardest to assert his dominance on this team, to imprint it with his personality, and i and many others have actively wondered whether that might ultimately cost the kings their prized center in the process...

the rumors may be true, and they may not be true. but in any case, i honestly don't believe that karl has any conception of how to deal with a player like demarcus cousins, nor do i believe that he has any interest in forging a partnership with cousins and earning cousins' trust the way that mike malone did. george karl is a "my way or the highway" type through and through, and that'd be fine if the kings had been starting from square one when karl arrived, but that wasn't the case. they were right in the middle of forging a new identity, led by demarcus cousins and mike malone, before malone was fired, setting the stage for karl's eventual hiring. personally, i think karl is just chasing records. he's got a few years left in the tank, and he wants to tack on regular season wins to his career total in an effort to leapfrog don nelson. i'm hardly convinced that he's committed to bringing a championship to sacramento, or committed to bettering this franchise beyond his own self-interest...