Here's the list of players I'd trade De'Aaron Fox for;

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
While we're on the subject I just got he perfect nickname for Bagley: MONEY BAGS.

Come on Doug I know you read this forum. When Bags hits a shot... "Money! (pause for effect)... Bags!"

Can I get a committee vote on this?
well there are two players who are all in on a "bagz" type of season so they would condone what you are spewing

Who trades their franchise for another guy’s franchise unless you’ve got extreme duress from a disgruntled player who might walk for nothing?

There just isn’t much reason to contemplate what you could get for Fox or Bagley - there’s no scenario where it makes any sense to dump them unless someone calls and wants to get rid of Greek Freak. And that GM wouldn’t get from his office to his car without getting killed by his fans if he did that.
I don't get why you quoted me... I can't tell if you are agreeing or disagreeing with my statement.

I'm not sure that the Oden/Durant discussion was quite the same as the Ayton/Doncic/Bagley/(JJJ)/(Bamba)/(healthy Porter) discussion was this year.

My recollection - which could be wrong or different than others' recollections - is that Durant was really debated as more of a Devil's Advocate case than a serious discussion about who should be #1. It was kind of like "Obviously the can't-miss generational big man Oden is #1, but WHAT IF the Blazers took Durant instead? Is that even possible?" Big men were still the prize, and however good everybody thought Durant would be (the Sonics were obviously not complaining at #2) I think Oden was projected by almost everybody to have a larger impact due to the nature of the game at that time. I never doubted Oden would be #1, for what it's worth.

This year I think there were a lot of legitimate cases being made for up to 6 players at the #1 slot, and I wasn't sure that Ayton was going #1 until the Suns basically tipped their hat late in the game. I think a lot of that had to do with the game moving away from big men, and I think some of that had to do with the sort of motor issues that Ayton seems to be subject to, and I think some of that had to do with the reality (average quickness for his size) not matching up with the sales pitch ("Fleet-footed center! Agile as a deer, as a gazelle, even! A ballerina in high-tops!"). That's not to say that Ayton is a bust, or that he's not going to end up as a stellar example of his style of player, but the NBA pendulum seems to be swinging away from Ayton-style players and there were several solid players at the top of the draft that many truly believed had the ability to make more of an impact in today's NBA than Ayton.
I appreciate the analysis, Capt, but my comment was simply suggesting that Ayton fit the “can't-miss generational big man” criteria just as Oden did in his day (back when the game was different).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Teams aren't lego pieces. Teams are made of people and Fox is one of our emotional leaders. So you'd trade the best guard of his generation for the best big man of his generation, when we already have two potential star/superstar big men on the roster. Just makes zero sense. Plus, the cost of damaging morale. Plus, you WILL stifle some of Giles' development. It makes no sense balance wise for our roster.

You have to at least wait until Bagley is a full time starter. He could easily be a 24/11 guy when he starts playing full minutes and plays with the starters. Bagley and Embiid on the same roster at that point would be somewhat redundant. Giles could easily be a 18/8 guy or more as well. I just think people don't realize how much talent we have. We have way more young talent than philly did 3 years ago. WAY more. It's just damn nuts.

Here are my untradables:

Fox
Bogi
Bagley
Giles
Buddy

Every single one of those guys is, or can be, a future all star. And there are minutes for all of them. You just don't trade guys that are young and improving at a rapid rate on a winning team. They may not be untradable forever, but no way do you trade any of those guys right now or for the foreseeable future.
QFT