Here's the list of players I'd trade De'Aaron Fox for;

I would be tempted to trade in for Ben Simmons. D-Fox would be a perfect fit with Embiid and Butler. Simmons would be perfect fit around our shooters. Ultimately I wouldn't do it. I just think his hole as a shooter is prohibitive to the ultimate goal of a ring. He has zero threes this year and 58% FTs. Simmons largely refuses to acknowledge his shooting is even a problem. Of course the one player you would trade D-Fox would be Giannis. He will likely go down as one of the greatest players in the history of the game.

Are we assuming that whoever we trade him for will play out the remainder of their careers in Sac? Or at the very least several years? If so then I'd trade him for Jokic, Giannis, Anthony Davis, Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid, and probably Kawhi Leonard. If we aren't assuming that then I wouldn't trade him for a soul. He's too good, his ceiling is too high, and he's infectious to root for.

Are we assuming that whoever we trade him for will play out the remainder of their careers in Sac?
No, cuz thats not real... The astronomical Fox trade value being discussed here on the other hand, is very much real... We've got him under control for at a minimum 3½ seasons and it's just absurd to think he'd take the Q/O when he's obviously on the fast track for a max extension.

How do you guys think the convo would actually go "Hey Vlade we want to talk about trading for De'Aaron Fox?" I think that'd be perceived like some ice-breaking joke... "oh you're serious?!" **laughs and hangs up**

Nobody, for two reasons: he'll be the best guard in the league in two years, and b) if you traded him it would entirely destroy team morale and cause a cultural reset, shump likely moves on, and players play more selfishly. Trading him for ANYONE would be the quickest way to set this franchise back not a couple years, but TEN YEARS. Players like Fox come along once in a generation. It's the leadership that really sets him apart.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
why are we discussing about who we would or wouldn't trade him for? I saw a RealGM report that the Kings are looking to get better via trade and I believe that is the proper approach to take here. That's what the topic should be here, not who we would trade our franchise cornerstone for.

why are we discussing about who we would or wouldn't trade him for? I saw a RealGM report that the Kings are looking to get better via trade and I believe that is the proper approach to take here. That's what the topic should be here, not who we would trade our franchise cornerstone for.
I don’t think this thread was made for that. I think it was meant as a rhetorical scenario and to point out that Fox is so good and has such potential that there may be only a couple of players in the league we would even consider a trade. It wasn’t meant as a slight to Fox but only to further raise him up the ladder to full on stardom.

I would be tempted to trade in for Ben Simmons. D-Fox would be a perfect fit with Embiid and Butler. Simmons would be perfect fit around our shooters. Ultimately I wouldn't do it. I just think his hole as a shooter is prohibitive to the ultimate goal of a ring. He has zero threes this year and 58% FTs. Simmons largely refuses to acknowledge his shooting is even a problem. Of course the one player you would trade D-Fox would be Giannis. He will likely go down as one of the greatest players in the history of the game.
Who needs Fox, when you can trade up to #1 and draft Markel " Freaking" Fultz!!! :eek:

That #3 pick gave them the ammunition to trade up to #1 for the right to draft the #1 BUST of all time! Had there not been the pick swap, maybe the Kings would had wound up with someone else and Philly with Fox, who knows?!?!?!

The Kings did Philly dirty with that pick swap! :p

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I don’t think this thread was made for that. I think it was meant as a rhetorical scenario and to point out that Fox is so good and has such potential that there may be only a couple of players in the league we would even consider a trade. It wasn’t meant as a slight to Fox but only to further raise him up the ladder to full on stardom.
I'm well aware on why the original poster decided to create this thread but Fox has shown flashes of being a star player and we are excited, I get it. Let's turn this thread into potential players Kings could acquire to get better this season instead :)

I just wanted to open a discussion about what his trade value is tbh and then I started looking around at the top guys and like, ya know are you really gonna trade Fox for a much higher priced, much older rental, who's contract has a signifigantly shorter shelf life? I wouldn't.... It actually doesn't add up when u look big picture...

This should probably be it's own thread but there's a lot of stats thrown around, one i like is PER DOLLAR.. Ya gotta remember this is the cheapest roster in the league and the most expensive player Zach Randolph hasn't logged a minute. Lots of PER DOLLAR outliers going on...

The Kings are getting outrageous production and their all on cheap deals, under 10 million... for the following contracts;

Bogdanovic $9MM
Bagley III $7.3MM
Bjelly $6.5MM
De'Aaron $5.4MM
Willie $4.6MM
Hield $3.8MM

So it's funny for their trade value or in potential trade scenarios where u bring back big name players --- The Kings are not a suitable trade destination for Bradley beal for example, who's an excellent player and 25, cuz why the hell would u want him for huge return assets when Buddy is gonna make $4.8MM next year, it undermines the leverage vlade holds or I should say, that he's built...

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I just wanted to open a discussion about what his trade value is tbh and then I started looking around at the top guys and like, ya know are you really gonna trade Fox for a much higher priced, much older rental? I wouldn't.. It actually doesn't add up when u look big picture...

This should probably be it's own thread but there's a lot of stats thrown around, one i like is PER DOLLAR.. Ya gotta remember this is the cheapest roster in the league and the most expensive player Zach Randolph hasn't logged a minute. The outliers all all over.

The Kings are getting outrageous production and their all on cheap deals, under 10 million... for the following contracts;

Bogdanovic $9MMM
Bagley III $7.3MM
Bjelly $6.5MM
De'Aaron $5.4MM
Willie $4.6MM
Hield $3.8MM

So it's funny for their trade value or in potential trade scenarios where u bring back big name players --- The Kings are not a suitable trade destination for Bradley beal for example, cuz why the hell would u want him for huge return assets when Buddy is gonna make $4.8MM next year, it undermines the leverage vlade holds or I should say, that he's built...
I believe the last team to get that much production on smaller deals throughout the roster are the Thunder with Russ, Harden, Durant & Ibaka, no?