[Game] Grizz @ Kings Game Thread 12/29/10

could a win like this be the spark to get this young team going? who knows, but i'm glad we closed out the year with a win........finally gonna have a sportscenter highlight with some positiveness to it

Im not surprised one bit. This is how bad skids get broken.

Coming from a Red Sox fan, I knew the ONLY way we could reverse the curse would be if something crazy went down. It took coming back from 3-0 against the efffin Yankees... something that seemed impossible, for something so terrible to end.

Its only fitting that this stretch of awfulness gets broken by something incredible.

You can go ahead and delete my OJ Mayo trade thread, because between that steal for the dunk and robbing Mayo of his own incredible highlight, he probably hates Tyreke now. :p

What an incredible sequence that was...now let's hope that all of this really does turn into a Red Sox-type turnaround. Beyond the ridiculous amount of turnovers, you could tell that something did click tonight. Wow.

Last edited:
It would have been very strange to see Donte's reaction if the shot didnt fall. He was jumping up and down like the shot had already went in well before it did. Props to him for knowing that was Reke's sweet spot :)

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
All the games should end that way! The difference tonight (half-court buzzer beaters aside) was that we managed to string together a couple of smart posessions in a row when we needed to. That inbounds play to Cousins worked beautifully. It's nice having a second option now in those situations. Now someone tell me how Donte knew the ball was going in when it was still 15 feet from the basket.

It would have been very strange to see Donte's reaction if the shot didnt fall. He was jumping up and down like the shot had already went in well before it did. Props to him for knowing that was Reke's sweet spot :)
Gotta love Donte takes alot to be THIS much of a team oriented guy. He's gone from starter to 12th man so much this year, yet he stays happy on the sidelines. He's a real solid dude, I hope he can get back on the court soon though.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Well I think it's safe to assume that these last two seasons there was atleast that ONE game where you just said "WOW!" or "Did that really just happen?" meaning last year that miracle comeback victory against Chicago and now this...

Missed the game. Got home just after it was over. Saw the score on nba.com. Thought to myself "wow, we finally won. I wonder how this went down"...

pretty unbelievable shot. too bad it doesn't inspire any real optimism from me but still a fun ending for one night.
Yea, didn't make me more optimistic either, but I'll take any win at this point. And we got an entertaining youtube clip out of it, so this was a good night.

Incredible. Just incredible. Something had to give. Tyreke almost won it the other night vs. the Clippers with the last second shot after he missed the third FT and then this tonight. Good for him and the team to get a WIN. Hopefully this ignites a spark for them and we start seeing Ws more frequently.

gunks

Hall of Famer
pretty unbelievable shot. too bad it doesn't inspire any real optimism from me but still a fun ending for one night.
How about us clawing back from being down by eight with less than 5 minutes to go?

Made the shot possible, and I can find some optimism in that!

I get what you're saying though, we cant expect to win every game on halfcourt buzzer beating heaves... But you gotta like the fight we showed tonight.

How about us clawing back from being down by eight with less than 5 minutes to go?
5 minutes is a whole lot of time in the NBA to come back from being down single digit leads. being 6-23 on the season, i'll take this win at face value and be happy with that. great shot and i'm happy for the fans @ arco for getting their moneys worth but at the end of the day the situation is still what it is.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Incredible to be at the game tonight. ARCO was rocking well before the fireworks, the DE-FENSE chan was spirited for the last six minutes of the fourth, easy. Almost like old times.

Important safety tip: do not jump too much for joy in the bleachers, and if you do, do it straight up. I very nearly came down on the seat in front of me, just pulled my feet back in time.

Incredible to be at the game tonight. ARCO was rocking well before the fireworks, the DE-FENSE chan was spirited for the last six minutes of the fourth, easy. Almost like old times.

Important safety tip: do not jump too much for joy in the bleachers, and if you do, do it straight up. I very nearly came down on the seat in front of me, just pulled my feet back in time.
I went to a game last season where we hit a near game winner (we lost when they came back with a buzzer beater). I jumped up and when I came back down my knee caps hit the seat in front of me... one of the most painful things ive ever endured.... and as i mentioned above we lost the game so it was all for nothing.