[Grades] Grades v. Warriors 12/22/2014

If George Karl took over this team tommorow, could he get us to the playoffs now?

• Yes

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • No

Votes: 36 48.0%
  • Not unless we also make one of these major trades

Votes: 26 34.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And funny enough, the only team to beat GS since Nov 11th is Memphis, probably the best team at doing exactly that across the league and a team who likely would beat GS in 5 or 6 if they matched up the in the playoffs.

And the team who beat GS over a month ago on Nov 11th? The Spurs.

Gerbil took a look at the Scouting report from the Memphis and spurs game and squealed "(gerbil squeak, gerbil squeak) those fools. So what if they won. Their poor fans must have been bored to death watching that style of play." Then the gerbil darted back to his hole

It's almost harder to endure this season as opposed to past seasons. 2010, 2011, 2012. Those years were definitely hard to watch, but realistically there was no hope that those rosters would even scratch the playoffs. Now we have a team that has legitimately showed signs of togetherness, team basketball, and potential. This hurts. ):
"Sadder still to watch it die, than never to have known it."-Neil Peart

I don't think any of us has at any time this season thought the Kings were in the same league as the Warriors. We're not and that is not disgraceful and it hasn't anything to do with who is coaching us nor with repeated "style" themes coming from ownership and FO. We scored as well or better than we can, scored 108 points, lost by 20 to a team that does that far more than any other team in the league. We lost , as we should to a much better team. Let me repeat, this loss had not much to do with Vivek, PDA, Malone, Corbin, our players playing a poor game, "small ball", basketball 3.0, etc, etc. let' move on and see if we can beat a normal team.

G

GQ_Gabriel

Golden State has a fantastic team. Not only are they extremely talented individually from top to bottom on that roster, but they play hard. I think Grant and Jerry touched on it at one point; they arguably have two starting line ups on that bench.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I don't think any of us has at any time this season thought the Kings were in the same league as the Warriors. We're not and that is not disgraceful and it hasn't anything to do with who is coaching us nor with repeated "style" themes coming from ownership and FO. We scored as well or better than we can, scored 108 points, lost by 20 to a team that does that far more than any other team in the league. We lost , as we should to a much better team. Let me repeat, this loss had not much to do with Vivek, PDA, Malone, Corbin, our players playing a poor game, "small ball", basketball 3.0, etc, etc. let' move on and see if we can beat a normal team.
What is the worse the Kings have lost this year? Good defense can keep games close but two teams battling it out offense against offense can end up with the better team winning by a whole bunch. In some perhaps perverted way of thinking, losing by 20 points might not have been so bad.

+/- Has to be the worst stat in basketball it doesn't take into account any variable what so ever, JT was bad, but Rudy Gay was much worse and so were a number of the bench players, no one aside from our backcourt did anything to help us win that game or stay competitive. Sometimes as a player your just unlucky since basketball is a game of runs and if your in the game at the wrong time or with the wrong people your +/- can go to poopoo. The whole team to me was a -32.

Mclemore getting 8 shots while he's shooting 50% is just a true reflection of how bad our ball movement is and why not when a good shooter has it going you don't try run something for him other than Cousins getting doubled is beyond me.
This has been driving me crazy the last 3 games. The kid gets frozen out when he starts hitting his jumper. The ball just does not rotate to his side of the floor. It's like Collison and to a greater extent Sessions would rather pass into a double teamed Cousins in stead of swinging the ball around the horn and getting the ball to Ben with a decent shot. Ball movement has evaporated on this team. Defense is going south fast. The ship is rudderless and directionless by all appearances and is just bobbing around in the ocean. A REAL coach would bring direction to this team and a plan for action.

Corbin looks like he is totally clueless. He was a disaster in Utah (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrone_Corbin#Coaching_career) and has no business coaching an NBA team. Vivek is disingenuous to the fans if he says he is building a winner but leaves Corbin to coach this team to another Lottery season. We need a coach with a plan and the NBA credentials to command respect from the players. Corbin has done nothing, won nothing, and knows nothing.

A .434 Winning Percentage will not motivate the team ....

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This has been driving me crazy the last 3 games. The kid gets frozen out when he starts hitting his jumper. The ball just does not rotate to his side of the floor. It's like Collison and to a greater extent Sessions would rather pass into a double teamed Cousins in stead of swinging the ball around the horn and getting the ball to Ben with a decent shot. Ball movement has evaporated on this team. Defense is going south fast. The ship is rudderless and directionless by all appearances and is just bobbing around in the ocean. A REAL coach would bring direction to this team and a plan for action.

Corbin looks like he is totally clueless. He was a disaster in Utah (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrone_Corbin#Coaching_career) and has no business coaching an NBA team. Vivek is disingenuous to the fans if he says he is building a winner but leaves Corbin to coach this team to another Lottery season. We need a coach with a plan and the NBA credentials to command respect from the players. Corbin has done nothing, won nothing, and knows nothing.
Corbin was not that bad in Utah. Utah fans tired of him, but people forget that he actually coached a team into the playoffs. taht's somethign nobody in these parts has done in the past 8 years.

That said, he's in an impossible situation here. His GM probably wants him to fail. His owner is just using him as a spacer before he can get his familiar to take over. I am deeply suspicious that one or more parties is directly interfering with his coaching. And the team beneath him knows what happened, knows how he got the spot, and I don't think is terribly listening.

To the players it's probably starting to look like the FO is just tossing the season away. If they don't hire a coach VERY soon it will certainly look that way. so what do they have left to play for?