Gaming Thread!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I see the WWE NWO 2k edition is 89.99 ... first time I've seen it discounted and it includes cross gen which they separated like money grubbing jerks in the base-buy.

Anyone play it yet? worth it? thinking about jumping on it.

edit: screw it, I bought it. need to free up space on my HD so I can install NBA to and play with my kid next week.
I’m waiting for a deep discount on the base game. The actual gameplay looks so much better than the commercials.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

Pokémon goes co-op.

I cannot wait for this. Legends Arceus style in a traditional game with trainer battles and gyms?! That’s the change they’ve needed!

And if you don’t pick the fire apple dragon … you’re wrong.

I’m waiting for a deep discount on the base game. The actual gameplay looks so much better than the commercials.
I know you're PS5 but I saw after buying it the NWO edition was $70 for digital download at Gamestop on Sunday, not sure if that's still good or was just an Xbox thing. Maybe more than you want to spend (of course my kid begged for NBA and I gave in at $25 and it went to gamepass 3 weeks later - but that was after almost a year). lol

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Pokémon goes co-op.

I cannot wait for this. Legends Arceus style in a traditional game with trainer battles and gyms?! That’s the change they’ve needed!

And if you don’t pick the fire apple dragon … you’re wrong.
I dunno, the blue ducky with crazy hair that I originally thought was a hat is growing on me.

Also knowing me, I’m probably just gonna field a party of six Lechonks.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I dunno, the blue ducky with crazy hair that I originally thought was a hat is growing on me.

Also knowing me, I’m probably just gonna field a party of six Lechonks.
Duck’s the easy second place. Green Litten is stupid.

Of course, my choices for the last two gens have ended up horribly disappointing me with their final evolutions with Hisuian Rowlet and Water Thing from Sword.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The RE4 remake just got announced. That’s going to be bomb. RE4 was excellent in its time, but it’s camera and control did not hold up to todays standards.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

That looks absolutely incredible.

And so does Starfield. I’ll get that trailer posted when it hits YouTube.

My XB going to get HEAVY usage at some point in the next year.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
And here’s Starfield!

Up until the D4 trailer I was feeling some Series X buyers remorse. None of the games were my style. But these two have my hype level near Elden Rung levels. Not quite up to Elden Ring, but pretty darn close.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Finished House of Ash before jumping into The Quarry.

And it kind of sucked. The entire game was like Act II of Until Dawn. No horror at all, just a goofy QTE heavy action movie shooting wendigos. My least favorite of the Dark Pictures Anthology so far.

A. Does anyone on here play any sports games on the PC? Which ones?
B. If your answer is yes to A, what do you use to play? (Keyboard + Mouse, or a PC-compatible controller)
C. If a controller, what are the good ones out there?

PS: I am seriously considering trying out some of the newer sports games through Steam, but am 100% confident that if I just use my keyboard and an external mouse, I will most likely shoot myself before finishing even an entire quarter, period, inning, or half (depending on the sports game I play first). So I've figured that investing in a controller would be the best bet - any advice/recommendations would be nice.

I've been watching some YouTube videos that some people have put together of gameplay of various sports games (NHL, MLB, and NBA), and they all look super awesome, and seem to be the type of games that I would most enjoy (franchise mode - especially creating an expansion team and starting from scratch. And career mode in NHL interests me - I think it would be cool to create a goalie and play as him during the game. I'd be up to that challenge!!!).

Finished House of Ash before jumping into The Quarry.

And it kind of sucked. The entire game was like Act II of Until Dawn. No horror at all, just a goofy QTE heavy action movie shooting wendigos. My least favorite of the Dark Pictures Anthology so far.
How's the Quarry? I'll probably pick it up when I get back from my travels in July.

I've been playing Roller Champions I don't know why ... I always liked the idea of a roller derby game and it's closeish.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
How's the Quarry? I'll probably pick it up when I get back from my travels in July.

I've been playing Roller Champions I don't know why ... I always liked the idea of a roller derby game and it's closeish.
Haven’t jumped in yet. Switched gears back into Scarlet Nexus after finishing House of Ash.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I don’t think there’s a technically good game that I *hate* more than Cuphead. I will never beat this game. It isn’t fun. It makes Souls a walk in the freakin’ park.

I’m about 85% through the Quarry…it’s fun, but so far I prefer its predecessor Until Dawn. It might have the potential for more substantial alternate storylines though, depending on choices. Will have to wait for a 2nd play through where I make ridiculous decisions.

I’ve been trying my best to behave as though I was actually trying to survive a horror movie, and I think it’s been working a little too well?

A. Does anyone on here play any sports games on the PC? Which ones?
B. If your answer is yes to A, what do you use to play? (Keyboard + Mouse, or a PC-compatible controller)
C. If a controller, what are the good ones out there?

PS: I am seriously considering trying out some of the newer sports games through Steam, but am 100% confident that if I just use my keyboard and an external mouse, I will most likely shoot myself before finishing even an entire quarter, period, inning, or half (depending on the sports game I play first). So I've figured that investing in a controller would be the best bet - any advice/recommendations would be nice.

I've been watching some YouTube videos that some people have put together of gameplay of various sports games (NHL, MLB, and NBA), and they all look super awesome, and seem to be the type of games that I would most enjoy (franchise mode - especially creating an expansion team and starting from scratch. And career mode in NHL interests me - I think it would be cool to create a goalie and play as him during the game. I'd be up to that challenge!!!).
Been a long time since I played NBA & NHL 2Ks, but even then, never on PC. We have a Steam controller but almost never used. Seemed fine though?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Got Tales of Arise on super sale this past week … I’m not loving as much as Scarlet Nexus. I probably should have spaced out these two J (action) RPGs a bit more to not compare them exactly to each other.

It’s not bad. But isn’t clicking yet.

update: I still suck but am grinding tf out of myteam (NMS aside from the promos of course) and TJ says he hates it on last gen so I probably have to get him a Series S.

*also these have been out 2 years now, "next gen" is current gen. thanks youtubeidiots.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Wow, Konami just re-unleashed Silent Hill with a vengeance.

Silent Hill 2 PS5 Remake.

THREE new games; Homefronts, Ascension, and F.

And a new movie.