Gaming Thread!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Were people really clamoring for Death Stranding 2, Kojima? I just want the non-Konami equivalent of PT/Silent Hills.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Forspoken is finally out after lots and lots of delays. This is one I’ve been looking forward to for awhile. Mixed reviews from the critics, but I’m enjoying it. Didn’t expect the almost silly tongue-in-cheek tone of the whole thing.

I got the new AoE, same as the old AoE. Some cool commands for units. For example bowman can drop a camp to heal, or whatever the anti calvary sticks are called . (I always called them "pungee" sticks but I dont know where that term came from) Working my way through the campaign. Maybe I missed something but I dont see where I can choose to play a different country. The UI seems pretty convoluted and trying to push you to online matches as far as I can tell.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Hogwarts Legacy - Excellent

I put off Wo Long because I can’t do Nioh. It’s the ones Souls game I’m bad at. Still *slowly* making my way through Nioh2. Have to beat that first.

Resident Evil 4 Remake at the end of the month. Seems like it was giving the loving treatment RE2Make was given instead of the rush job RE3Make got. I’m excited!

Also gonna torture myself with another TLOU2 playthrough. At least to a certain point before quitting.

Hogwarts Legacy - Excellent

I put off Wo Long because I can’t do Nioh. It’s the ones Souls game I’m bad at. Still *slowly* making my way through Nioh2. Have to beat that first.

Resident Evil 4 Remake at the end of the month. Seems like it was giving the loving treatment RE2Make was given instead of the rush job RE3Make got. I’m excited!

Also gonna torture myself with another TLOU2 playthrough. At least to a certain point before quitting.
I'm not a big gamer myself, but if there is one game that MAY change that for me, this looks like it will be that game. I am definitely going to try it out at some point.

My one and only game console was the original PlayStation. I basically only played NBA live 97, Twisted Metal 2, Jet Moto, Tomb Raider, resident evil and Madden. Just this week I decided to buy an old system and a few games probably mostly out of nostalgia. It will be interesting to see if those games still hold up.

My one and only game console was the original PlayStation. I basically only played NBA live 97, Twisted Metal 2, Jet Moto, Tomb Raider, resident evil and Madden. Just this week I decided to buy an old system and a few games probably mostly out of nostalgia. It will be interesting to see if those games still hold up.
Which system did you buy? And what games did you buy?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Resident Evil 2 & 3 (2 especially) hold up fantastically. Also recommend Dino Crisis for the same kind of feel. Except, DINOSAURS!

Which system did you buy? And what games did you buy?
the original PlayStation. Figured I could upgrade if I enjoy. I bought NBA live 97 and 99, Twisted metal 2, Jet Moto, Tomb Raider 2, Grand Turismo 2, Tekken 3 and 2extreme. I never played Metal Gear Solid which is considered the best PlayStation game so I’ll probably look for that one at some point if I like playing again.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the original PlayStation. Figured I could upgrade if I enjoy. I bought NBA live 97 and 99, Twisted metal 2, Jet Moto, Tomb Raider 2, Grand Turismo 2, Tekken 3 and 2extreme. I never played Metal Gear Solid which is considered the best PlayStation game so I’ll probably look for that one at some point if I like playing again.
the nostalgia is real for me too. I stopped gaming after PS3 but every now and then I think to myself if I want to purchase a PS or N64 just to play some of the games I loved growing up. Speaking of Gran Turismo and Tekken, soundtracks to those games have been in steady rotation in my playlist.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Looking forward to Diablo IV later this year. Gonna try the open beta later this week. Probably wait until the price drops a bit before buying the retail game though. I'm still playing a bit of Diablo III recently - whetting my appetite for the next one!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Looking forward to Diablo IV later this year. Gonna try the open beta later this week. Probably wait until the price drops a bit before buying the retail game though. I'm still playing a bit of Diablo III recently - whetting my appetite for the next one!
Im avoiding the beta, and gonna go in day one completely blind. I know what Diablo brings to the table enough to know this is the most safe Day 1 buy I’ll be making in the entire year.

Warhawk

Staff member
Yeah, I went ahead and pre-ordered. I think the last game I bought was actually Diablo 3. :)

I play infrequently, but the Diablo series is great. I figured I would buy it anyways at some point, may as well check out the beta as well. Have a little fun getting to know the nuances of the characters before starting a game for real when it is released in June.

So I got the PlayStation today and played a couple games. The graphics look really bad on the HDTV but I don’t want to invest in an old CRT like a lot of enthusiasts. Prob mess around with the settings some but it’s pretty blurry.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
So I got the PlayStation today and played a couple games. The graphics look really bad on the HDTV but I don’t want to invest in an old CRT like a lot of enthusiasts. Prob mess around with the settings some but it’s pretty blurry.
could you take a screenshot of the graphics on your current TV? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Warhawk

Staff member
Yeah, I went ahead and pre-ordered. I think the last game I bought was actually Diablo 3. :)

I play infrequently, but the Diablo series is great. I figured I would buy it anyways at some point, may as well check out the beta as well. Have a little fun getting to know the nuances of the characters before starting a game for real when it is released in June.
Yeah, this is going to take a while. The downside of living in the country. A6ECE5D3-6D76-4D68-879C-E7D46C1B713F.jpeg

I loved NBA Live 99 on PS1... So much so that when my first disc scratched and would freeze every game in the 3rd that I went and bought a new one instead of buying the next year's version.

A lot of people with older systems get themselves an old school CRT tv to play on. At the very least, I'd recommend using component cables if you can and a smaller size flat screen tv.

Warhawk

Staff member
Had it for a while. Speed was faster, but the connection was less stable for me working from home so I switched to Verizon 5G home. (I also detest Musk after all the junk he's pulling recently, but we won't get into that.) I rarely run into any large downloads so this is just one of those very rare cases where I have such an issue. No biggie - first world problem, right? ;)

I'm up to about 90% downloaded now and we can't play until tomorrow, so no worries.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
There are devices that will clean up the image but may introduce small amounts of latency. The best thing with CRT is it never had the latency HDMI sets have had.

I loved NBA Live 99 on PS1... So much so that when my first disc scratched and would freeze every game in the 3rd that I went and bought a new one instead of buying the next year's version.

A lot of people with older systems get themselves an old school CRT tv to play on. At the very least, I'd recommend using component cables if you can and a smaller size flat screen tv.
I have never played 99, played 97 all the time because of the cover. Excited to try it this weekend