Gaming Thread!

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
After the hour+ I got in and have been playing. Very similar to the Diablo 3 gameplay but in full 3D with good special effects. I am not an online gamer (I prefer almost exclusively SP games) but this is no TOO laggy overall. I've got a friend playing the beta later after he gets off work so we will try it out together then. They have tweaked the skills, etc.

One interesting change is that you can have like 3 sets of weapons equipped at one time and have one assigned to your primary attack and a different one (if you want) assigned to your secondary attack. While playing you don't have to switch manually - the correct weapon is used depending on which attack you are using. Interesting approach.

The way the magic items are presented is a little different than Diablo 3 - I don't have a good handle on if it is as simple as it looks yet.
Took a break to walk the dog, etc., and logged out. Now I've got another 2± hour wait to get back in. Oh well. Character is up to level 9 (they let you go to a max of 25 in the beta). I'll get some dinner, etc., and be ready to play a few more hours tonight.

Good game so far - I'm enjoying it. If you like the Diablo series I recommend it based on my limited play time.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Took a break to walk the dog, etc., and logged out. Now I've got another 2± hour wait to get back in. Oh well. Character is up to level 9 (they let you go to a max of 25 in the beta). I'll get some dinner, etc., and be ready to play a few more hours tonight.

Good game so far - I'm enjoying it. If you like the Diablo series I recommend it based on my limited play time.
Cannot wait for the full game. And it drops right around Summer Vacation so I’m geared for A LOT of playing (if the servers are on point)

Warhawk

Staff member
Cannot wait for the full game. And it drops right around Summer Vacation so I’m geared for A LOT of playing (if the servers are on point)
Made it to level 20 (the minimum for the bonus skins/items (?) in the beta to be available in the full game). Gonna take a break and get back to real life stuff for a bit.

The more I play it the more it grows on me. One cool thing is they have a lot of the same monsters/creatures from Diablo 3, but now they are fully 3D modeled with much better special effects, etc.

could you take a screenshot of the graphics on your current TV? I'm curious to see what it looks like.
This is a screen shot. I don’t know if this picture is an accurate representation. I ended up using an older Samsung with something called smart view which shrinks down the screen and makes it cleaner. I may look into an upscaler some day but they are out of stock currently. Twisted metal 2 is the game
BD2DDD89-A4BC-4565-ACA0-E8E286B7DDCC.jpeg

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
This is a screen shot. I don’t know if this picture is an accurate representation. I ended up using an older Samsung with something called smart view which shrinks down the screen and makes it cleaner. I may look into an upscaler some day but they are out of stock currently. Twisted metal 2 is the game
View attachment 11688
with nostalgia one has to take it all in, graphics included and these graphics will suffice. Reminds me of when I was sitting in an arcade

Warhawk

Staff member
Made it to level 20 (the minimum for the bonus skins/items (?) in the beta to be available in the full game). Gonna take a break and get back to real life stuff for a bit.

The more I play it the more it grows on me. One cool thing is they have a lot of the same monsters/creatures from Diablo 3, but now they are fully 3D modeled with much better special effects, etc.
Got my character up to level 25 (max for the beta) and beat all the main tasks (end of the demo). Diablo IV is pretty darn good. Highly recommended.

Warhawk

Staff member
Got my character up to level 25 (max for the beta) and beat all the main tasks (end of the demo). Diablo IV is pretty darn good. Highly recommended.
Oh, I also tried beating the included world boss (Ashava, optional event in the beta, only held a few times each beta weekend) but they apparently limit you to about a dozen players at a time - I was the only level 25 character there and everyone else was like 15-20, max. There's a timer on the challenge and we didn't even come close. If you are a lower level character you just don't have the access to higher skill tree items/durability or have the upgraded weapons/armor to really pack a bigger punch.

Took a few hours to refine my armor, weapons, etc., and tried again with a group of 10, with maybe 8 at level 25, and we beat it in 6 minutes. Easier than I thought it would be, frankly.

I also tackled a level 27 area/event open in the beta (on my own) and it wasn't too difficult. If you take the time to outfit your character with decent gear, complement your skills, and use the protective barrier magic bonuses it is possible to punch a bit above your weight class.

The beta is still open today but I'm probably done playing - I'm going to see a movie with my dad and have some work/home stuff to take care of today.

Here's the area accessible in the beta - I'm pretty sure I saw everything (I got a little notification and a few bonus experience points for getting to every dungeon and unexplored corner of the map, etc.). If you tried going off this map area (there are roads leading out) the game will teleport you back into this area. Not sure if the beta incorporates all of the game's Act 1 territory, but here is the full beta map:

1679849005349.jpg

Also, the level of character customization is pretty cool. You can fully change gender, skin tone, hair, tattoo patterns (under "Appearance") and armor styles, weapon look, and integrated color schemes (under "Wardrobe") and they are used in the game. Just playing around a bit with this one, but the graphics are well done.

1679849258803.jpg

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I thought I got banned for no reason on 2k yesterday (I went upstairs to eat and the internet dropped and I came back to my game with an account ban message). Thankfully it got worked out, but I got to get on the Show. I was thinking about the new WWE game too.

Not sure what else is hype in Xbox land right now.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I thought I got banned for no reason on 2k yesterday (I went upstairs to eat and the internet dropped and I came back to my game with an account ban message). Thankfully it got worked out, but I got to get on the Show. I was thinking about the new WWE game too.

Not sure what else is hype in Xbox land right now.
…. Starfield later this year

…… maybe

If it doesn’t get delayed even more.

Warhawk

Staff member
Playing the final server test beta this weekend … and my goodness, DiabloIV is excellent.
Told you. :)

If you can get a character up to (or near) level 20 (max for the Server Slam) go try to beat Ashava - just wander essentially due east (and just a hair south) of Kyovashad until you reach the end of the map and look for The Crucible territory (closest point to transport to is the Bear Tribe Refuge to the northwest of The Crucible, then you have a bit of a hike). Ashava shows up every 3 hours and there will be others just waiting there for the event to start as well. It was easier for me during the beta (I was playing the barbarian with a bunch of health and shield buffs, you could go up to level 25 then, and they were dropping a LOT more legendries); I just completed it with a group at 3 pm using a level 20 necromancer but I was killed a LOT (and respawned) during that 15 minute time limit and we just squeaked it in. Never died once with the barbarian, and we did it in about 6 minutes that time. Again, it's every 3 hours until tomorrow at 9 am Pacific Time.

My necromancer and skeleton army for the Ashava battle:

Diablo 4 Necro trial.jpg

Bunch of others just waiting the last few minutes (at noon, when we were not successful):

Diablo 4 Necro wait.jpg

Victory!

Diablo 4 Necro win.jpg

Don't forget that everything this weekend gets erased again before the launch so don't get too attached to your character(s).

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Told you. :)

If you can get a character up to (or near) level 20 (max for the Server Slam) go try to beat Ashava - just wander essentially due east (and just a hair south) of Kyovashad until you reach the end of the map and look for The Crucible territory (closest point to transport to is the Bear Tribe Refuge to the northwest of The Crucible, then you have a bit of a hike). Ashava shows up every 3 hours and there will be others just waiting there for the event to start as well. It was easier for me during the beta (I was playing the barbarian with a bunch of health and shield buffs, you could go up to level 25 then, and they were dropping a LOT more legendries); I just completed it with a group at 3 pm using a level 20 necromancer but I was killed a LOT (and respawned) during that 15 minute time limit and we just squeaked it in. Never died once with the barbarian, and we did it in about 6 minutes that time. Again, it's every 3 hours until tomorrow at 9 am Pacific Time.

My necromancer and skeleton army for the Ashava battle:

View attachment 11945

Bunch of others just waiting the last few minutes (at noon, when we were not successful):

View attachment 11946

Victory!

View attachment 11947

Don't forget that everything this weekend gets erased again before the launch so don't get too attached to your character(s).
You get exclusive rewards that carry over for getting to lvl 20 and beating Ashava, so all is not for naught!

Warhawk

Staff member
You get exclusive rewards that carry over for getting to lvl 20 and beating Ashava, so all is not for naught!
Ran a barbarian up to level 20 just in time to have a go at the 9 am event in a few minutes. Did you get a chance to try it?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Ran a barbarian up to level 20 just in time to have a go at the 9 am event in a few minutes. Did you get a chance to try it?
My crew is getting absolutely wrecked. Not even 25% down with 5 mins to go. Now I’m server hopping trying to find a chance at a win. Lol

12 o’clock at World Tier 1 then.

Last edited:

Warhawk

Staff member
My crew is getting absolutely wrecked. Not even 25% down with 5 mins to go. Now I’m server hopping trying to find a chance at a win. Lol

12 o’clock at World Tier 1 then.
Yeah, it's tough.

We got a win - about 12 minutes this time. The secret (to me) is to stay alive as long as possible and keep racking up as much damage as possible - the barbarian seems to fit that bill for me, but I haven't tried some of the other classes given just a couple weekends to play so far. I use the shields as much as possible (barbarian skill Iron Skin and some magic items provide them as well) and I remap the potion key to the numeric 5 key for quicker/easier use (for me).

Obviously, right before trying this I salvage all my magic items for parts and then upgrade the stuff I'm using and upgrade the gems to socket in my items. Basically, it's scorched earth on my inventory to buff everything as much as possible but since it's getting wiped after today anyways, who cares? :)

The other part is just getting in with a good group - some group makeups are just not suited to bang with a big baddie this long or they haven't optimized their skills/equipment for this battle. Nothing you can do about that, unfortunately.
Diablo 4 Barbarian win.jpg

Warhawk

Staff member
Overall, I like the necromancer any time I was battling a larger group, especially things like bats or skeletons, that my minions could take on separately and I could just keep raising more from the dead. But against something like Ashava, there's only one enemy and the skeletons get wiped out quickly without a bunch of dead bodies to resurrect. I had to adjust my skills for this (Ashava) battle yesterday to account for this as best I could in short order and even then the necro was constantly getting killed. I wonder if the druid, etc., might strike a good balance between the two?

Warhawk

Staff member
Just finished the Diablo IV single player game - gonna put it down for a little to get some real work done, but I look forward to checking out the post-single player game content and playing through other characters. Just not immediately. Been putting off some real world stuff I need to get caught up on now. :)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Just finished the Diablo IV single player game - gonna put it down for a little to get some real work done, but I look forward to checking out the post-single player game content and playing through other characters. Just not immediately. Been putting off some real world stuff I need to get caught up on now. :)
I’ve been slacking quite a bit on this one because I’m playing though with a multi-player party of my girl and some fam.

But I’m now sprinting through the story with a new single-player Sorcerer because SEASON 1 begins on July 20th and you can absolutely bet I want all those sweet sweet (free) rewards from the pass … and there’s a really good chance I buy the season pass if the goodies look cool enough.

Warhawk

Staff member
I’ve been slacking quite a bit on this one because I’m playing though with a multi-player party of my girl and some fam.

But I’m now sprinting through the story with a new single-player Sorcerer because SEASON 1 begins on July 20th and you can absolutely bet I want all those sweet sweet (free) rewards from the pass … and there’s a really good chance I buy the season pass if the goodies look cool enough.
I never buy the passes, etc., I just play the SP game and do whatever comes after for free, which is usually plenty of content for me.

Topped out my Ice Shards Sorcerer at level 60 after beating the SP game and wanted to try a different class, so I'm currently leveling up a Pulverize Druid - around level 35 right now I think. Once you beat the SP game and go to start another character there are some bonuses - you get some extra skill points right off the bat (like 10? - I think this comes from the bonus points you get if you do the extra side quests, find the Altars of Lilith, etc.) and you already get the horse if you got it in the SP game already. I chose not to do the SP quests again, so I'm just clearing the board and doing side quests, etc., for fun.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I may not actually play it but I saw the Texas Chainsaw Massacre game is on Xbox Game Pass so I dowloaded it.

I am playing Diablo 4 and my name is "pyropete" in game. I am level 80 right now. Trying to get my gear the way I like it has cost me so much gold and veiled crystals. I have only like 2 million gold and about 30 veiled crystals as of right now.. Almost done with my 78-80 gear though. I need that Necromancer ring that's best in slot so I can take off some of the bonus damage from my skeletons. But alas, I am poor.. Can anyone here give me about 30mil gold? hehe.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I am playing Diablo 4 and my name is "pyropete" in game. I am level 80 right now. Trying to get my gear the way I like it has cost me so much gold and veiled crystals. I have only like 2 million gold and about 30 veiled crystals as of right now.. Almost done with my 78-80 gear though. I need that Necromancer ring that's best in slot so I can take off some of the bonus damage from my skeletons. But alas, I am poor.. Can anyone here give me about 30mil gold? hehe.
Man, my hype in that game trailed HARD after I beat it. Season 1 and its rewards were very underwhelming.