[Game] Game 13: Sacramento Kings @ Minnesota Timberpups 11/22/14. 5 PM PST/8 PM EST

Favorite fall food:

• Turkey

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Soup

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Pumpkin Pie

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Timberwolf

Votes: 16 34.8%

• Total voters
I'll be watching the TWolves PGs. Namely because (apparently) the wolves are -30 when Zach Lavine is on the floor, and because the Kings need for solidity in a third guard means watching Mo Williams to see if he can still do anything.

You can probably run Stauskas out in this game since his match-up will have as much know-how as he does.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Minnesota is going to be without 4 of 5 starters (Pekovic, Young, Martin, Rubio) and is therefore missing their leading scorer, rebounder and assist man. If the Timberwolves go with the same starters as last night we're looking at:

Cousins vs Dieng
Thompson vs Muhammad
Gay vs Wiggins
McLemore vs Brewer
Collison vs Williams

The Kings have an advantage at four spots and likely a push at SG. And beyond Dieng, who struggles to defend inside himself, there is absolutely no one to slow Cousins. Barring injury or foul trouble Boogie should absolutely feast inside.

Those Bulls fans comments are hilarious. I see where they're coming from though. There's always going to be a certain number of bad calls in any game but we've had an absurd amount of bad calls go in our favor this year. It's almost as if the higher ups were like ok Cousins showed us he can carry himself professionally while on team USA so lets do what we can to turn this guy into a superstar.

The Timberwolves are missing their 4 best players, not to mention they lost Kevin Love and they weren't even a very good team WITH him. There is zero reason we should lose this game

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Cousins is without question one of the biggest floppers in the NBA, he loves to exaggerate contact but at the same time if he didn't I doubt he would ever get a foul call. With some players I guess they have to he's not KD/Harden where every time the wind blows he get's a call. He's also one of the few floppers that get's smashed game in game out but other players hacking the living poopoo out of him.
There's a huge difference between being one of the biggest floppers in the NBA and exaggerating contact on an occasional basis. For proof, look up vintage Vlade.

Those Bulls fans comments are hilarious. I see where they're coming from though. There's always going to be a certain number of bad calls in any game but we've had an absurd amount of bad calls go in our favor this year. It's almost as if the higher ups were like ok Cousins showed us he can carry himself professionally while on team USA so lets do what we can to turn this guy into a superstar.
oh no question

it's evident that the refs are respecting Cousins a lot more this year. They're people. They read/listen to the national media and observe the changing narrative for Cousins. Having Demarcus come out and publicly proclaim that he set a goal of a maximum of 5 technicals gives reason for the refs to observe growth on the court. And it's evident. It's evident that he tries his best to control himself and channel his emotions away from the refs and toward his game. That's the thing with the NBA. It's not all about pure talent. There's a reason some viciously talented players simply bomb out in the professional league. In the NBA, you have to maneuver around external forces and play to the environment and relations of the league as a whole.

It's almost as if the higher ups were like ok Cousins showed us he can carry himself professionally while on team USA so lets do what we can to turn this guy into a superstar.
if that were the case they wouldn't be limiting his minutes with terrible foul calls on him every night

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
absolutely have to get this one...otherwise we will be seeing the sky is falling threads. Don't let a rookie in Wiggins go off, even though he hasn't looked very impressive. I sense we will be seeing a good game by Mo Williams...just because he will get to shoot it often.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
oh no question

it's evident that the refs are respecting Cousins a lot more this year. They're people. They read/listen to the national media and observe the changing narrative for Cousins. Having Demarcus come out and publicly proclaim that he set a goal of a maximum of 5 technicals gives reason for the refs to observe growth on the court. And it's evident. It's evident that he tries his best to control himself and channel his emotions away from the refs and toward his game. That's the thing with the NBA. It's not all about pure talent. There's a reason some viciously talented players simply bomb out in the professional league. In the NBA, you have to maneuver around external forces and play to the environment and relations of the league as a whole.
and yet:

Cuz Per 36min
FTA 2013-14: 9.3
FTA 2014-15: 9.3

Fouls 2013-14: 4.2
Fouls 2014-15: 5.6

The Timberwolves are missing their 4 best players, not to mention they lost Kevin Love and they weren't even a very good team WITH him. There is zero reason we should lose this game
Maybe zero legitimate reasons but let me outline the long list of reasons we can lose the game. Do I really need to? Let.'s worry our tails off about winning this game. Cross your fingers and spit over your shoulder.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I want to see the Kings work hard inside early and NOT settle for jumpers. Demoralize the Wolves, don't give them hope by taking low percentage shots.