[Game] Friday morning game

*coughcough* Bogi is a couple of months older than Buddy and has a longer history of injury than him *coughcough*

Believe me, I was on the bench Buddy and start Bogi train last preseason. But that ship sailed the second Buddy put up a borderline all-star season and put up a 3P shooting season surpassed only by the Splash Bros, Harden, and Paul George.
Yeah, not resting in the offseason by playing for the NT each year is my main concern with Bogie. Without that issue, I would prefer him over Buddy.
But the issue is real, I see no way he misses OG qualies and probably olimics next year if he is healthy.

So Bogi is a very good long range shooter and I would believe by playing him at mostly sg and off the ball his 3point % would rise. He also has the ability to penetrate and could be deadly in the PnR.
What I do not want him to do is slow walking the ball up and consuming the shot clock.

It comes back to that he most likely would be our starting sg if not for his set backs last year.

I am not saying he should start over Buddy but I would wonder what he could do with the group of starters he would have around him.
To me he checks a lot of boxes, can flat shoot the ball from anywhere, can distribute the ball effectively, can create his own shots and be a leader on the floor.

I agree that it is early to making judgements. After watching some more tape of the Kings, they play very soft on defense. The Pacers drove the lane repeatedly. The Kings like to watch and swat with their hands, when need to move their feet and get there first. I did not see anyone play with physicality except maybe Holmes. The Kings as a team are entirely too polite. The NBA is a league for full grown men. The Western Conference is full of great teams with plenty of guys that play the physical style. Walton needs to do a lot of work to create urgency and desire and physicality or this team is going to be limited in their effectiveness defending and getting defensive boards.
This is the Crux of the problem, great post. The Pacers got into the lane at will. And then it was either a drop off pass as the defense collapsed on the ball or a layup/kickout to a shooter as the defense collapsed from the wing. We allowed WAY TOO MUCH penetration and then were in scramble mode after. Our wing defense is crape. The pick and roll killed us to death. Fox repeatedly was an offender in this. His aggressive nature was left in Sacramento.

Fox needs to set the tone. He started off good the first half of the first game and was on the plane to Sacramento after that point.

Yeah just so you know the points made weren't "bench Fox when he makes poor decisions" and "start Bogi over Buddy".. it was start Cory Joseph and trade Buddy cos he old
More like the points made were (as usual) it's everyone's fault except Bogi, Bjelica, and whatever role-player didn't dare to be too much of an upstart.

I did not say trade #24 because he is old. I said trade him because he is less likely to learn things he should have learned by now... At 26 of age you should have better understanding of game and already formed instincts...

If it is #8 or #88 (As it was vs Spain) fault i will be first to say... But you forgot Vlade, Peja and Igor if you want to call me nacionalist...

As for #5 if you see him with only one strand of hair through a headband before game... And it is a same after the game... It seems to me that his hair is more important then the game itself even it is preseason and in India...

Anyway thank you for your time, and i am sorry if I offended someone... That will be all from me.

And guys, knock it off with the "OMG you're overreacting after one preseason game!!!" nonsense. You make people feel like they aren't even allowed to give their opinions on the game without being called a drama queen.
Be fair. If fans can overreact to two early preseason games played w/o the benefit of much camp time, then other fans can overreact to those fans overreactions. After all, they're allowed to give opinions too, right? Sure sounds like you want silence one faction over the other.

IMO if someone throws out an opinion on this board, and does so in a bold, matter of fact way, it's beyond fair for anybody to challenge that opinion in the same manner.

I support everyone's right to an opinion as long as I also have the right to ridicule them for how utterly ridiculous their idea is.
Wish I had read this before I responded.

I've never agreed more with anything written on this message board.

Fans need to put on their 'big boy' or 'big girl' pants and realize that once they share a bold opinion or idea, it is then everyone else's right to challenge it should they disagree. Then those persons can be challenged in return. Fair is fair.

Be fair. If fans can overreact to two early preseason games played w/o the benefit of much camp time, then other fans can overreact to those fans overreactions. After all, they're allowed to give opinions too, right? Sure sounds like you want silence one faction over the other.

IMO if someone throws out an opinion on this board, and does so in a bold, matter of fact way, it's beyond fair for anybody to challenge that opinion in the same manner.
I guess I just prefer talking about the game. Not the people on the forum posting about it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I did not say trade #24 because he is old. I said trade him because he is less likely to learn things he should have learned by now... At 26 of age you should have better understanding of game and already formed instincts...

If it is #8 or #88 (As it was vs Spain) fault i will be first to say... But you forgot Vlade, Peja and Igor if you want to call me nacionalist...

As for #5 if you see him with only one strand of hair through a headband before game... And it is a same after the game... It seems to me that his hair is more important then the game itself even it is preseason and in India...

Anyway thank you for your time, and i am sorry if I offended someone... That will be all from me.
Good grief.

I guess I just prefer talking about the game. Not the people on the forum posting about it.
Fair enough. And I agree. But if the people on the forum are saying unsubstantiated or even ludicrous things about the game, players and coaches, those comments are fair game. ;)

A fantastic example of the ludicrous is 2 posts above this one — where @VF21 quoted then responded to it.

Wow we are into mid season form on this forum. Walton must see what the problems are and I hope he fixes the defensive problems as this is what the pre season is for.

We have rebuilt and filled in with some good defensive players and I believe it will be fixed.

Fair enough. And I agree. But if the people on the forum are saying unsubstantiated or even ludicrous things about the game, players and coaches, those comments are fair game. ;)

A fantastic example of the ludicrous is 2 posts above this one — where @VF21 quoted then responded to it.
The "other" forum, they have about 5-6 good posters that talk basketball and the rest of it is just people posting gifs and trying to get likes. I've always liked that this forum is mainly basketball talk and not a competition to see who can post the funniest gif every thread.

Wow we are into mid season form on this forum. Walton must see what the problems are and I hope he fixes the defensive problems as this is what the pre season is for.

We have rebuilt and filled in with some good defensive players and I believe it will be fixed.
Walton says he really likes the roster and he is the coach Vlade wanted for it. So the onus is on Walton to get them to play winning basketball on both ends. Wait and see is my approach...

Walton has plenty of work to do on the defensive end. Our rebounding is terrible.
The roster on paper is much improved. We have guys in the second unit that have started plenty of games somewhere else. We have plenty of size. In India they just went through the motions. It is up to the coach to create desire and intensity.