Following Potential *2020* Draftees

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Makur Maker: 7'0", 235 lb's. Highschool Senior, PF/C, 19 yr's old.
No stats available:

Makur Maker is a sort of a mystery man. If he decides to stay in the draft, he'll be the first high school direct to NBA player in a very long time. Whether he stays in the draft or not likely depends on the feedback he gets. And how much feedback he get under the current conditions is anyone's guess. So right now he falls somewhere between a bust, and a superstar, and that's a pretty big somewhere.

Makur was born in Kenya and his family moved to Australia when he was one year old. His first sporting interest was Australian football which he played until his height moved his interest to basketball. In 2015 he left his family behind and moved to the United States in order to further his basketball career. He enrolled at Chaminade Preparatory School where he averaged 9.5 ppg, 8.2 rpg, and 2.5 blocked shots. In 2018 he transferred to Orange Lutheran High School in Orange Ca. where he all Trinity league 1st team. On Oct. 17th 2019 he summitted paperwork to declare for the draft.

If he decides not to stay in the draft, he has a multitude of options. He's currently ranked as one of, if not the best center in the 2020 high school class. He's ranked 12 overall in the top 100 highschool players in the United States, and has offers of committment from Kansas, Kentucky, Auburn, UCLA, USC, Oregon, and Washington. His draft projections are all over the place. Some have him as a late 1st rounder, while others have him in the middle of the 2nd rd, and some have him not being drafted. I don't see the latter happening. He's too talented.

Finding a scouting report on him is like pulling teeth, but I did find some. Most all agree, and I as well, that he's an above average athlete with great length with a large wingspan. He runs the floor very well and has good hops when he's going downhill toward the basket. He has a very good mid-range jump shot with good rotation on the ball. Where he currently excels is in the rebounding dept. He is a tenacious rebounder. His in space defense at the basket is good, but to be honest, it's impossible to know how that will translate against the players he come up against in the NBA.

I was surprised by his ball handling and passing. Both are above average for a 7 foot player who should be a freshman in college next year. It's obvious that he's put in a lot of work on his skills. His perimeter defense was a bit of a surprise as well. He has good anticipation and good lateral quickness for a 7 footer. So I don't think he'll get lost on P&R defense. Right now, he looks like he has the potential to become the definition of the modern NBA center. From what I've seen, I like his potential better than his cousin Thon at the same point in time.

He needs to get stronger which will help his post defense, and he has the frame to support more muscle. By all reports, he's an extremely hard worker who wants to be great. That report supports the tenacity he plays with. It's always hard to predict how a high school players game will translate to the NBA. He simply hasn't gone up against the kind of competition you need to make a judgement. But from what little I've seen, I wouldn't bet against him. I doubt anyone would risk a high pick on him, but I can see someone taking a flyer on him late in the 1st rd. If he slides into the 2nd rd, then he might become a steal.

As you can see in this first video, Makur is simply taller than anyone on the floor. When is up against someone near his size, he's quicker than him. So it's hard to evaluate him. To be honest, going to college for one year might be the best thing for him. On the other hand, if we could snag him in the 2nd rd, the heck with college.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Immanuel Quickley: 6'4", 190 lbs. Kentucky, PG/SG, Soph
32.9 mpg - 16.1 ppg - 41.6% fgp - 42.8% 3pp - 92.3% ftp - 4.2 rpg - 1.9 apg - 0.9 stl's per game.

You may be wondering how Quickley got labeled a PG when he only averaged 1.9 assists this past season. The answer is, he mostly played SG this season. Quickley is without a doubt the most improved player on the Kentucky team, and in my opinion, he was also the best player on the team. He improved in every category across the board, up from 5.2 ppg, 37.2% fgp, 34.5% 3pp, 82.8% ftp, and 1.8 rebounds.

He was the best shooter on the team and he took almost 5 three's a game at 4.8. His shot will remind you of Buddy's starting a little low, but lightning quick and all in one motion. He used to have a habit of kicking out his right leg, but seemed to correct it as the season went on. He's a better than average athlete, and the one area he improved in, which was his weakest, was finishing at the basket. He still needs improvement in that area, but one has to give credit where it's due. He obviously added some muscle in the off season which probably helped in that area.

He's more quick than fast and is hard to stop when he has a head of steam headed downhill. Defensively, he improved, but still has some work to do. As I said, he's a pretty good athlete, and has good lateral quickness. One of his biggest attributes is that he seldom forces anything. He has a good feel for the game, and takes what's there. He seldom turns the ball over. And while he didn't chalk up many assists, mainly because he was the number one option most of the time, he seldom made a bad pass.

I really like Quickley, and I think he would be a good fit on our team, as well as insurance against Buddy wanting out. Quickley can score buckets with the best of them, and he can also handle the ball and run the team if necessary. Where he'll fall in the draft is up for grabs. Some have him going somewhere between 15 and 25, while others have him falling into the 2nd round. It's a crazy year for projections. If I had to choose between Quickley and Haliburton, I would take Haliburton. But Quickley would be a nice consolation prize.

Maker is quite a tantalizing prospect. I’d be very tempted to give him a promise in order to keep him in the draft. Looks like a SF on offense to me, all day. There are rapidly diminishing differences between the 3 & 4, but Maker seems like he’ll be able to initiate offense in a few years. What stands out is the passing. He makes good reads. Often times, kids his age get their drive shut down, make some Hollywood pass that magically works, and that gets ingrained on his highlight video. These were all good solid passes, and entire sequences, too. It’s grab a defensive rebound, advance the ball, call for the pick, penetrate and dish for the finish. Really good, solid stuff.
Thanks again. I really Maker as a prospect. Defensive fit will be trickier— he doesn’t seem to have the lateral quickness to stick with 3s. But he’s so long he might be able to compensate. And, I think he’s going to add muscle quick. Man, his dribbling reminds me of Kawhi or KG, where it looks so high you think he shouldn’t be able to keep from getting ripped, but he’s covering so much ground with each dribble, and is so surprisingly strong, that he just works through the defense.
Between Maker and Pokusevski I think we can get a really, really nice 3/4 prospect with big time potential. I prefer Maker though, better shot and I think better defensive instincts. Pokusevski actually has a better handle though.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Mac McClung: 6'2", 186 lbs. Georgetown, PG, Soph.
26.9 mpg - 15.7 ppg - 39.4% fgp - 32.3% 3pp - 80.2% ftp - 3.1 rpg - 2.4 apg 1.4 stl's

Yeah, I know some of you are saying, who the hell is Mac McClung? Well, he was one of the most exciting players coming out of highschool a couple of years ago, mainly because of his athleticism and his highlight dunks. McClung is a freak athlete, and he is very skilled. He has terrific handles where he can get anywhere he wants on the floor. And yes, he can create his own shot. If you looking at the shooting stats, your probably not impressed. However, for the most part, McClung is almost the entire offense for Georgetown. That means that most teams scheme their defense to stop him.

The other main scoring threat is Omer Yurtseven the 7 footer, who is basically a low post threat and defender. As a result, despite what you'll see in the video I post, McClung takes a lot of contested shots. But when left open, he's quite deadly from beyond the arc. You won't find anyone that plays with more intensity than McClung. He loves to attack the basket and he won't back down from anyone. He can score from anywhere on the floor. Despite his low assist numbers, he is a very good passer with good court vision. But that is a part of his game that he'll need to improve on at the next level.

Other than his poor shooting percentage numbers, the knock on him is his size, and the question of whether he's more of a shooting guard than a PG. There aren't a lot of 6'2" SG's in the NBA, and most that are, are pretending to be PG's. I'm not sure where McClung will fall in the draft. I think he could be a steal in the 2nd rd. Someone you send to the G-League and have him work on his PG skills. I also think that his 3pt percentages will go up with better shot selection. He's a willing defender being hampered only by his size at times. One thing I'll guarantee you, he will entertain you!

Here is a video of his senior year at highschool. It's shows why he may be the most exciting player you never heard of.

Last edited:
No stats available:

Makur Maker is a sort of a mystery man. If he decides to stay in the draft, he'll be the first high school direct to NBA player in a very long time. Whether he stays in the draft or not likely depends on the feedback he gets. And how much feedback he get under the current conditions is anyone's guess. So right now he falls somewhere between a bust, and a superstar, and that's a pretty big somewhere.

Makur was born in Kenya and his family moved to Australia when he was one year old. His first sporting interest was Australian football which he played until his height moved his interest to basketball. In 2015 he left his family behind and moved to the United States in order to further his basketball career. He enrolled at Chaminade Preparatory School where he averaged 9.5 ppg, 8.2 rpg, and 2.5 blocked shots. In 2018 he transferred to Orange Lutheran High School in Orange Ca. where he all Trinity league 1st team. On Oct. 17th 2019 he summitted paperwork to declare for the draft.

If he decides not to stay in the draft, he has a multitude of options. He's currently ranked as one of, if not the best center in the 2020 high school class. He's ranked 12 overall in the top 100 highschool players in the United States, and has offers of committment from Kansas, Kentucky, Auburn, UCLA, USC, Oregon, and Washington. His draft projections are all over the place. Some have him as a late 1st rounder, while others have him in the middle of the 2nd rd, and some have him not being drafted. I don't see the latter happening. He's too talented.

Finding a scouting report on him is like pulling teeth, but I did find some. Most all agree, and I as well, that he's an above average athlete with great length with a large wingspan. He runs the floor very well and has good hops when he's going downhill toward the basket. He has a very good mid-range jump shot with good rotation on the ball. Where he currently excels is in the rebounding dept. He is a tenacious rebounder. His in space defense at the basket is good, but to be honest, it's impossible to know how that will translate against the players he come up against in the NBA.

I was surprised by his ball handling and passing. Both are above average for a 7 foot player who should be a freshman in college next year. It's obvious that he's put in a lot of work on his skills. His perimeter defense was a bit of a surprise as well. He has good anticipation and good lateral quickness for a 7 footer. So I don't think he'll get lost on P&R defense. Right now, he looks like he has the potential to become the definition of the modern NBA center. From what I've seen, I like his potential better than his cousin Thon at the same point in time.

He needs to get stronger which will help his post defense, and he has the frame to support more muscle. By all reports, he's an extremely hard worker who wants to be great. That report supports the tenacity he plays with. It's always hard to predict how a high school players game will translate to the NBA. He simply hasn't gone up against the kind of competition you need to make a judgement. But from what little I've seen, I wouldn't bet against him. I doubt anyone would risk a high pick on him, but I can see someone taking a flyer on him late in the 1st rd. If he slides into the 2nd rd, then he might become a steal.

As you can see in this first video, Makur is simply taller than anyone on the floor. When is up against someone near his size, he's quicker than him. So it's hard to evaluate him. To be honest, going to college for one year might be the best thing for him. On the other hand, if we could snag him in the 2nd rd, the heck with college.

Any stats on his free throw percentage?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Okay Bajaden... curious what would be your mock draft...
Well, I have to think about that for a bit. This is a tough draft because at the top, there's no clear number one pick. Every player has something that makes you take pause. I'll do a top 30 of how I would want the draft to go, not necessarily how it is likely to go.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Any stats on his free throw percentage?
You know, it's like pulling teeth to find those stats. Believe me I have looked. I'm sure there is a site out there that has them, but right now it's not at the top of my priority list. If and when I find them, I'll post them. Until then, sorry!

You know, it's like pulling teeth to find those stats. Believe me I have looked. I'm sure there is a site out there that has them, but right now it's not at the top of my priority list. If and when I find them, I'll post them. Until then, sorry!
not a problem. Please don’t do research on my behalf as I can do my own. Thought you might have them already.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Isiaha Mike: 6'8", 216 lb's. SMU, SF/PF, Jr.
30.7 mpg - 14.0 ppg - 48.1% fgp - 37.7% 3pp - 80.5% ftp - 6.3 rpg - 1.8 apg - 1.4 steals per game.

I'm sure many of you are saying, who the hell is Isiaha Mike? Well, he was the best player on the SMU team. He's an above average athlete who can score from anywhere on the floor, and he's not a bad defensive player either. He's Canadian born, but moved to Las Vegas to play his highschool basketball at Trinity International prep school, a school known for college recruitment. His senior year he averaged 27.6 ppg, 14.3 rpg, 3.1 apg, and 1.9 steals per game.

He was recruited by and committed to Duquesne university where he played his freshman year. At the end of the year, Duquesne changed it's head coach and the entire coaching staff. So Mike decided to transfer to SMU, where unfortunately, he had to sit out a year. Sitting out was hard, but he was determined to work on his game and make a big splash when he returned the next season. The beginning of the season didn't go as planned as he struggled, and then clashed with head coach Tim Jankovich.

After several heart to hearts with Jankovich, and by listening to the older players, he started to mature, and eventually became not only the best player on the team, but the leader of the team. Here's a quote from Mike: "I needed to learn to go out there and play for the love of the game. Not just for numbers, awards, accomplishments, etc. But simply for my passion for basketball." That sounds like a player that's figured it out. Why am I taking so much time with him? Because every once in a while a player strikes you as special. I like Mike a lot, but I must be the only one since I can't find him on anyone's draft board.

Some people list him as a PF, and he does play that role for SMU, but I think he can play SF. He's certainly athletic enough, and his skill level is more than adequate. He averaged 5.6 three's a game out of 10.2 total fga attempts, so his 37.7% from the three is legit. My guess is that the rest of his shots mostly came from attacking the basket or from alley oops. He can post up, pull up from 16 feet, or shoot the three. His jump shot is not as quick as one would like, and he has the habit of bringing the ball down a bit low as part of his shot motion, which is fixable. But as a pure catch and shoot player, he's deadly. Not so much off the dribble.

He's a decent to good rebounder who gets his share of put backs. He can score with either hand around the basket. He's a fairly good defender at the college level who knows how to play the passing lanes. He's outstanding at running the floor, and is usually the first one down the floor at either end. He's a very good pick and roll player. His handles are decent to good, depending on what position you put him at. At his current level, he's quite capable of creating his own shot in isolation, but is best when attacking the basket off the dribble.

I believe that Mike declared for the draft, but didn't hire an agent, so he can withdraw if he doesn't like the feedback from the teams. He is a four year junior, so my gut tells me he'll probably stay in the draft if he can get a promise of some sort from a team. Personally, if I'm the Kings, I'd use one of my 2nd rd picks on him in a heart beat. I think he has NBA talent, and he improved across the board every year of college. That's the kind of growth your looking for in a prospect.

Last edited:
Well, I have to think about that for a bit. This is a tough draft because at the top, there's no clear number one pick. Every player has something that makes you take pause. I'll do a top 30 of how I would want the draft to go, not necessarily how it is likely to go.
yeah it is. When you read mock drafts and RealGM people are all over the place. But knowing how much research you do I’m interested in your opinion. Especially in how you think it might fall and who might be available with those first 2nd round picks where we might get a steal.

yeah it is. When you read mock drafts and RealGM people are all over the place. But knowing how much research you do I’m interested in your opinion. Especially in how you think it might fall and who might be available with those first 2nd round picks where we might get a steal.
How do you folks feel the prohibition on workouts and limitation on interviews will affect the draft? Probably a huge impact for the Kings since no one can come in for a workout. Probably increases the likelihood of trading out of the pick. If not, probably should pencil in Pokusevski for us. Maybe Maxey since they seem to trust Cal.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
How do you folks feel the prohibition on workouts and limitation on interviews will affect the draft? Probably a huge impact for the Kings since no one can come in for a workout. Probably increases the likelihood of trading out of the pick. If not, probably should pencil in Pokusevski for us. Maybe Maxey since they seem to trust Cal.
I think it will affect some players more than others. Remember, most of these players have been scouted all year long, some for two or three years. So most teams that have been doing their homework have a very good idea of what each player brings. However, there are some mystery players who have been looking forward to the individual workouts. Players like RJ Hampton, LaMelo Ball, James Wiseman would be at the top of that list. Two played down under and had abridged seasons, and Wiseman who played in all of three games.

Then you have players like Tyrese Haliburton, Isaac Okoro, and Aaron Nesmith, who all were injured during the season and I'm sure they would love to show that they're totally healthy. I seriously doubt this would cause the Kings to suddenly decide to trade their pick. That doesn't mean they would pass up a good deal if it came along, but that would be the only reason. In that event, the pick would likely be a deal sweetener to a larger deal. But in a year where the league and all the teams are taking a financial hit, and where most teams will now have less cap room, the draft is a cheap way to pick up talent.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I will eventually get into the 2nd rd where the Kings have three picks. I think there's some talent there to be had, but almost all of it will require some development time. I did say almost! There are some players that will be ready to contribute sooner than later. A lot of the players I'm critiquing are projected 2nd rd picks. The tantalizing players are players like Aleksej Pokusevski and Paul Reed etc. Both are projected as either late 1st, or early 2nd rd picks. I doubt anyone will take them in the top half of the 1st rd, but then, Pokusevski is serbian, and Vlade did draft Papagiannis, so who knows?

No stats available:

I like this guy. Seems skilled, good shot, nice attitude. Id select him with a late first for sure.

No stats available:

Like you said, it's nearly impossible to really tell when his competition is all a foot shorter than him but his skills in that first video make him look like a skinny Cousins.

But since he's a center, it all comes down to defense. If he can't defend, then he's not really going to be useful unless he's a triple double threat and that's highly unlikely.

I doubt we trade out as I don't think we can take on extra salary this year. The idea to decrease Buddy's salary and Barne's salary was good unless you had a cap drop which has only happened twice in history. So the remote chance happened and we are going to be squeezed this year.

So I will put my stake in the ground. With the 12th pick I’m taking Patrick Williams. At 6’ 8” 225lbs he has the size to defend the bigger stronger 3’s in the west. His 6’ 11” wingspan is almost that of McDaniels. He doesn’t demand the ball in his hands and we be a good back up to Barnes or a small ball 4. The key to me is his .838% free throw attempts on 4.1 attempts a game. You don’t shoot that well unless you have a good eye. I think he projects to a quality 3 and D wing for the Kings.

No stats available:

61% free throw rate.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...etitions-eligible-2020-nba-draft?platform=amp

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Desmond Bane: 6'6", 215 lbs, 40" vertical. TCU, SG/SF, Senior
36.0 mpg - 16.6 ppg - 45.2% fgp - 44.2% 3pp - 78.9% ftp - 6.4 rpg - 3.9 apg - 1.6 stl's pg

Bane is projected to go somewhere between the middle of the 2nd rd and undrafted. However, it wouldn't surprise me to see a team drafting at the bottom of the 1st rd grab him. He's one of the best 3 pt shooters in college, and has been almost from his freshman year where he shot just over 38%. He's shot over 40% from the three his final three years at TCU. Those averages aren't a fluke either since he averaged 6.5 three point attempts per game his senior year.

One surprising stat is that he actually shot the ball better off the dribble from the three. He averaged 46.6% off the dribble while shooting 41.4% on catch and shoot attempts. Very rare for a player to shoot better off the dribble than catch and shoot. Right now most teams are projecting him as a 3 and D player. I think he can be more than that, but it's a good start. He handled the ball a lot his Senior year and even ran the P&R, which wasn't in his skill set his first three years. He also improved his ball handling coming into his Senior year.

If I had to pick out a flaw, it would be a lack of a mid-range game. If he puts the ball on the floor he's going to do one of two things with it. Drive to the basket, or dish the ball to an open man. He has by the way, turned into a very good passer as witnessed by his almost 4 assists a game. That said, he needs to develop a mid-range jump shot and a floater to keep the defense guessing. He's a gym rat and a very hard worker, so I have no doubt he do whatever it takes to become a complete player.

One of his main attributes is his BBIQ. He's able to see plays before they develop, which helps him defensively. I wouldn't say he's a lock down defender, but he's solid and in most cases, able to keep his man in front of him. But his ability to make defensive reads and rotate is excellent. He always seems to be in the right place. He's not blessed with great length, but he's built like a linebacker and uses his strength to put his chest into the opposing player. One thing is for sure, he's a lights out shooter, and that ability alone will get him on an NBA roster.

Why you ask, if he's that talented, isn't he ranked higher on the draft boards. One reason is his age, which a lot of teams no longer look at as a detriment, but he'll be 22 years old in June. Regardless, if your a contender like the Raptors, Celtics, or the Lakers, he's the kind of player your looking for. He comes ready to play, which is why I said it wouldn't surprise me to see one of those teams grab him at the bottom of the 1st rd. But if he's sitting there when the Kings make their first of three 2nd rd picks, I would certainly take him, depending of course on who else is sitting there.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Oh, THIS is going to be fun!

I mean, after the top few picks in a normal year the NBA draft becomes a game of blindfolded darts. Now the NBA is basically prohibiting ALL scouting/workouts and severely limiting interviews? In a year where nobody has a vague clue who the top five picks even are to start with? This isn't blindfolded darts. This is get 'em drunk and spin 'em around seven times without pointing them at the dartboard blindfolded darts. Yikes!

I mean, after the top few picks in a normal year the NBA draft becomes a game of blindfolded darts. Now the NBA is basically prohibiting ALL scouting/workouts and severely limiting interviews? In a year where nobody has a vague clue who the top five picks even are to start with? This isn't blindfolded darts. This is get 'em drunk and spin 'em around seven times without pointing them at the dartboard blindfolded darts. Yikes!
Yeah, we had a brief conversation about this above. I think the implications are fascinating. This will very likely mitigate any late risers—which could really improve the value of our early 2nds. Also, given Peja and Vlade’s draft history, I think this will have a big impact with what we do at #12 (I think the regular season is over). They have placed huge importance on players coming to Sacramento for workouts, and also lean heavily on big-name coaches they trust. In my opinion, I think this increases the likelihood of us taking Pokusevski at #12, who was already rising anyway, or nabbing Maxey. I would say someone like Bey from Villanova would also settle at the top of our board, although Wright may be coaching the Sixers by the time the draft occurs. In my opinion, this really negatively impacts our chances of taking wither FSU prospect at #12. We have no history with the coach, and I think both players are of the type that would have needed to travel to Sacramento to cement interest from our front office.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

I get the limit per team per player as far as the interviews go. They have a similar rule at the combine, and there the teams are also limited to a certain number of players they can interview. But I don't get not being able to watch video other than maybe some agents only giving the video to teams that player might prefer. Having said all that, I think most teams already have a good idea of who they're interested in. They scout these players all year long, and in the case of multiyear college players, they've been scouting them for years.

I do think the teams like the up close and personal contact they get when they bring a player in for a workout, where they can get a feel for the players personality and perhaps adaptability. But the teams have tons of film on all these players, so there's no mystery to most of them.

In response to the idea that Jay Wright will be the next coach of the 76'ers, I'll believe it when I see it. Wright is a God at Villanova, and by all reports, he loves it there, as does his family. Not saying it can't happen, but I'll be shocked if it does. Especially after seeing what happened to the last college coach to venture into the NBA.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
In response to the idea that Jay Wright will be the next coach of the 76'ers, I'll believe it when I see it. Wright is a God at Villanova, and by all reports, he loves it there, as does his family. Not saying it can't happen, but I'll be shocked if it does. Especially after seeing what happened to the last college coach to venture into the NBA.
Are you talking about Pitino? That went badly, but it was a long time ago.
In recent years, Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan, and Quin Snyder (at least) have all made that jump and while I don't have a great finger on the pulse of other NBA franchises it seems they are all doing fine.

I've got no strong opinions on whether Wright would leave Villanova - I would think his legacy there would be a strong incentive not to leave - but I'm not sure "college coaches can't succeed in the NBA" is a good reason for him to stay.

In recent years, Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan, and Quin Snyder (at least) have all made that jump and while I don't have a great finger on the pulse of other NBA franchises it seems they are all doing fine.

I've got no strong opinions on whether Wright would leave Villanova - I would think his legacy there would be a strong incentive not to leave - but I'm not sure "college coaches can't succeed in the NBA" is a good reason for him to stay.
I think he means Beilein.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

No, I'm talking about Beilein who went from Michigan to the Cav's, and didn't last long. It's a big jump and a big difference and it's the rare coach that can pull it off.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Corey Kispert: 6'7", 220 lbs, Gonzaga, SF/SG, Junior.
33 mpg - 13.9 ppg - 47.4% fgp - 43.8% 3pp - 81.0% ftp - 4.0 rpg - 2.1 apg.

Kispert is projected to go somewhere in the 2nd rd, but I think he's as talented as some projected to go at the bottom of the 1st rd. As I said, this is a crazy draft. Kispert can play both the SF and SG positions. He has good handles and is also a good passer. What he excels at is shooting. He shot over 43% from the three, while attempting 5.3 a game, so that's a legit number. Most of his three's come off of catch and shoot situations, but he also good coming off screens, and or creating his own shot. He's also good at getting into the lane where he can pull up and shoot or pass the ball. His negatives are his age, and the fact that he's not a great athlete. But then, neither was Larry Bird..

Corey Kispert: 6'7", 220 lbs, Gonzaga, SF/SG, Junior.
33 mpg - 13.9 ppg - 47.4% fgp - 43.8% 3pp - 81.0% ftp - 4.0 rpg - 2.1 apg.

Kispert is projected to go somewhere in the 2nd rd, but I think he's as talented as some projected to go at the bottom of the 1st rd. As I said, this is a crazy draft. Kispert can play both the SF and SG positions. He has good handles and is also a good passer. What he excels at is shooting. He shot over 43% from the three, while attempting 5.3 a game, so that's a legit number. Most of his three's come off of catch and shoot situations, but he also good coming off screens, and or creating his own shot. He's also good at getting into the lane where he can pull up and shoot or pass the ball. His negatives are his age, and the fact that he's not a great athlete. But then, neither was Larry Bird..

Seven minute highlight film...don’t think I saw a single defensive highlight. Not a great sign, in my book. Seems like a taller Kyle Guy; which, hey, a taller Kyle Guy probably sticks with the big club all year instead of bouncing back and forth between Stockton. So, there’s that.