Farewell Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've always hated Vlade? Lol what did he do, roll up the windows and smoke a pack of Marbro's with you inside?

Just kidding I don't even want to serious answer that question. I just wanted to post in here.

That is rich. You come across as high and mighty now that Boogie is gone and you start talking about character and loyalty? You and 1 other forum member came on here repeatedly during the last few years and just spewed venom and now you are trying to bait and target specific members on here because they are upset that Boogie was traded and are having a difficult time coming to a resolution.

What I know is that most of the Boogie defenders and fans are still on here but are attempting to move on as Kings fans and they are doing so without spewing venom on every post they make. There are a lot of people on here handling themselves with some type of composure and not trolling the results or the current make up of the team.
I have absolutely no problem if the Boogie fans are upset that he's gone. That's part of being a fan. Sometimes your favorite player leaves and it sucks. What I can't stand is a bunch of posters coming on here crying about how they aren't going to be a fan anymore, yet they still post a bunch of stuff. Leave already if you don't want to be a fan and need to go to your safe space.

If I can just speak for myself for a minute, contrary to the narrative that @New Era appears to want people to believe, I wasn't ever really a Cousins fan like that. I root for Cousins to succeed, because he's a big man, and I want a big man renaissance in the NBA; I want these guard-run teams to go away and, to quote the great American philosopher Kanye West, never, never, ever come back in style. I also root for Davis to succeed, I also root for Towns to succeed, I also root for Jokic to succeed, I also root for Embiid to succeed, I also root for Gasol to succeed... ****, I even root for Lopez to succeed. That's the primary reason why, over the last several years, my WNBA fandom has started to catch up with (and is in danger of surpassing) my NBA fandom: because bigs still matter in the WNBA.

My continued enjoyment of men's basketball will likely depend on whether or not any team in the next ten years can win a championship with a top-tier big man as their centerpiece... and I wanted that team to be the Kings. Which, in turn, by the transitive property, means that I wanted Cousins to be that big. Anybody who ever thought that my "defense" of DeMarcus Cousins had more to it than that has a reading problem.

My anger over the trade was never about getting rid of Cousins; it was always about my philosophical objection to the manner in which it was done. Vlade Divac, whom I have never liked, handled the trade in a way that I personally find so distasteful, that I don't care if it turns out in the Kings favor; I kind of want it to fail, just to spite him.

That's why I still consider myself undecided: I have come to terms with the fact that I just hate Vlade Divac. What I haven't figured out is whether or not I hate Divac more than I love the Kings.
But Vlade is himself a big man so how can you "hate" him? Is being a fan really worth hating anybody? I mean, as much as I despised the guy, I never hated DMC. Seemed like an okay dude off the court.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Divac is not a big man, he's an executive. He was a big man, but never a top-tier one, anyway. Besides which, I didn't think it needed to be explained that I was talking about active players.

LOL - I think it's funny anyone that has spent as much time on this board as New Era has thinks you were a fan of Boogie. Maybe he has trouble reading teal.

That being said, your position on fandom and what drives you to watch basketball is in a glaring minority, but I'm pretty sure you are well aware of that. I hope you don't leave because with Brick seemingly MIA I don't know if I can handle VF21's emotional posts with out the steely eyed antithesis your posts provide.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
You've always hated Vlade? Lol what did he do, roll up the windows and smoke a pack of Marbro's with you inside?

Just kidding I don't even want to serious answer that question. I just wanted to post in here.
You know what, you're right, that's not entirely accurate. I haven't always hated Divac: until 2005, I merely disliked him.

@ New Era

I dont see how someone lamenting the loss of any of our players here is any different than the numerous posters who complain about one of our players.

Slim has been posting here long before DMC was drafted, and I am in the same boat with him as far as hating how the trade was handled more than anything. Slim doesnt need me to defend him though.

I just think there is a line between disagreeing with one another about the team, and trying to make people stop posting here when they follow the rules. I have been coming to these forums well over a decade longer than my bio indicates. There are a lot of posters I miss who no longer post for whatever reasons. I would hate to see any more run off because they were made to feel unwelcome.

Also character and integrity are not so black and white. Hard to judge someones character purely on loyalty to a particular form of entertainment. We're not saving lives here you know. Bigger things to go to battle over in life.

@ New Era

I dont see how someone lamenting the loss of any of our players here is any different than the numerous posters who complain about one of our players.

Slim has been posting here long before DMC was drafted, and I am in the same boat with him as far as hating how the trade was handled more than anything. Slim doesnt need me to defend him though.

I just think there is a line between disagreeing with one another about the team, and trying to make people stop posting here when they follow the rules. I have been coming to these forums well over a decade longer than my bio indicates. There are a lot of posters I miss who no longer post for whatever reasons. I would hate to see any more run off because they were made to feel unwelcome.

Also character and integrity are not so black and white. Hard to judge someones character purely on loyalty to a particular form of entertainment. We're not saving lives here you know. Bigger things to go to battle over in life.
wat?

Maybe because I've been around too long and frankly out of stubbornness, I'm not going to let Vivek and Co. "run me off." Having said that, I won't be going to games or contributing financially to the franchise. However, I understand that people "fan" the way they choose. I'll be watching out of the corner of my eye hoping for a reason to reattach emotionally...

dude12

Hall of Famer
I have absolutely no problem if the Boogie fans are upset that he's gone. That's part of being a fan. Sometimes your favorite player leaves and it sucks. What I can't stand is a bunch of posters coming on here crying about how they aren't going to be a fan anymore, yet they still post a bunch of stuff. Leave already if you don't want to be a fan and need to go to your safe space.
Says the guy who complained over and over and about the Karl firing and your distaste for those supporting Boogie. Your being a hypocrite.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Mod Note:

Since this thread has devolved into nothing but everybody sniping at each other over who is the better fan, I believe it has served its useful purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.