Dreaming of Ricky Rubio?

IMO a shooter is needed at backup PG.
I don’t disagree, but you might be able to just keep Yogi for that & still Target a veteran back up guard with ideally a little more size and playmaking ability. I agree Rubio would be awesome, but I can’t see him accepting a back up role as of yet. Still maybe Vlade would be able to sell him on the effect j wil had to the team during his time there and the fans and such but we’ll have to see

Rubio wants to be a starting PG on a playoff team. Now, if no one will give him that opportunity, then maybe he'll adjust his expectations and look at the possibility of a backup role. But for now, he's not considering the Kings.

yeah Rubio will not be a starting pg on a playoff team. those 2 things do no go hand in hand
In the right situation he certainly could be, given his defense and passing. But it would have to be a very good pairing in the backcourt considering his inability to shoot.

I'd take Rubio as a backup every day of the week, but he's not going to be interested in that. And I'm not interested in paying him big dollars for a backup role. Can't see any way this could realistically happen.

Ricky Rubio would be a MASSIVE upgrade over Frank MAson / Yogi Farrell and if the price is right i'd take him.
Yep. Sure the price needs to be there for him to fit, butvas a backup Ricky would be fantastic. Good defender and can push the ball and find targets. Other than his suboptimal 3pt shooting he fits the roll we want outvof our pg great. Can do a lot worse

Yep. Sure the price needs to be there for him to fit, butvas a backup Ricky would be fantastic. Good defender and can push the ball and find targets. Other than his suboptimal 3pt shooting he fits the roll we want outvof our pg great. Can do a lot worse
We have very healthy ball-movement, and to me honestly our backup PG's arent really much a part of that, they are fast for sure, but it's kinda like scorers mentality fast too often.. The ball-movement is more from Fox and actually IMO Willie is a major factor, we can count on Bagley/Giles to move the rock nicely too. I think he would rather enjoy passing to our bigs, i dont know a PG who wouldnt...

What was asked of Ricky in Utah, parts of that should be taken with a grain of salt.... Utah shows up to the playoffs, which is a gunfight, with a water-pistol offense every year now... Dennis Lindsey's been promoted he's no longer their GM, his stint in Utah has the 2 home-runs with Gobert and Mitchell. Ingles was bigtime pull, Royce O'Neale seems legit, they've wasted sooooooo many assets. specifically on the PG positions which still remains unsolved... Exum has genuinely had horrible injury luck during this stint. their always top10 in attendance. kinda NBA purgatory if ya ask me... The Lindsey Regime chose to give 40 year old Boris Diaw and Joe Johnson like 25 million per year that same summer Dallas Signed HArrison Barnes... They shoulda signed BArnes... Woulda provided some insurance for Hayward who left them at the altar the very next summer. Their series vs Houston wasnt much of a series at-all, they got trounced.

Ricky's shooting has improved, part of his shooting needs to be taken with a grain fo salt, no other NBA team would give him that kind of leash... George Hill actually left them at the altar, was a crapty agent involved too, then they brought in Ricky to do his best George Hill impression.

Ricky is sorta like De'Aaron as a shooter, when he's on, he's on... When he's off tho, obviously u know Ricky will airball open corner 3's.. Still there's plenty of reason to beleive he can keep his %'s respectable.. There's no real onus for him to chuck bad shots here either, and IMO with the overall team speed he will be able to just play hot potato.. Rubio is tough, he has good character, would fit here... I think De'Aaron and him have decent amount of mutual respect too,He plays hard.

Ricky IMO too could provide SOME form of minor insurance on Bogdan too. If the price is right, he could be a match..

Last edited:
He would be a perfect backup to Fox (passer/defender) but will likely demand a salary too high for a player who can't really play next to Fox. Would he be happy playing 15 minutes a night, and would the Kings be willing to play for a backup/ injury insurance?
It all depends on the market.

What we should be looking for in the back up PG is someone who can lead the second unit but also have the ability to play off the ball with Fox and defend both back court positions. That is why Beverly would be ideal....or a player of that type.

Not sure it would be a good mix to have both Fox and Rubio out there due to Rubio's lack of shooting ability from the 3.