Mock Draft Trade: Buddy , #12 pick and 2021 1st to Bulls for Zach Lavine and 2020#4 Deni Avdija

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...umber1-pick-to/ss-BB1aLJNX?li=BBnb7Kz#image=5

4. *Sacramento Kings* (via Bulls): Deni Avdija, F, Maccabi Tel Aviv

*TRADE: Bulls trade Zach LaVine, pick no. 4 to Kings for Buddy Hield, 2021 first round pick (lottery-protected), pick no. 12
Two drafts ago, the Kings had an opportunity to draft a European prodigy in Luka Doncic with the second overall pick, but passed on him for Marvin Bagley. Having learned from the sins of their forefathers, the Kings' new front office makes a splashy trade to move up to no. 4 to draft a different hot shot European prospect: Deni Avdija. They also unload malcontent Buddy Hield, and appease their owner, Vivek Ranadive, by acquiring Zach LaVine - a player that the organization coveted in the summer of 2018 when they signed him to a restricted free agent contract (which was matched by the Bulls).

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
For one, Avdija's got to actually be there at #4 - he may not be. But yes, the 2021 1st rounder makes this feel like a very steep price, especially considering that the 2021 draft is said to be better up top than this one and we're not really looking like a playoff team. At best I'd consider sending the 2021 with full lotto protection (1-14) which would immediately turn into the better of 2021 Memphis 2nd/2021 Kings 2nd if not conveyed. No second year on the protected pick (no chance for 2022 pick), it would be either 2021 15-30, or the best 2021 31-60 we have.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
First off, was LaVine a Vlade guy or a Vivek guy? I think Vlade was calling those shots. Buddy may have been the Vivek guy. First off, I think a Fox/Lavine pairing isn't at all complimentary and I'm not a huge fan of Avdija but if that 2021 is lotto protected and Buddy wants out of course you do this deal.

I was sorta ok with this until I saw we give 2 1st rd picks for 1 pick#4
Yep, happy to move on from Buddy for LaVine, but not at all interested to give up this years 12th and next years 1st for a player being compared to Hedo.

Last edited:
Is there that big of a disparity between 4 and 12 that another 1st needs to be attached? Hard to justify giving up 21’ 1st unless we are getting a star