Doug and Plantar Fasciitis (merged)

Doug and Plantar Fasciitis

http://www.nba.com/kings/

Christie Undergoes Procedure
SACRAMENTO, CA ---- Sacramento Kings guard Doug Christie underwent a successful extra corporeal shockwave procedure today to alleviate pain from plantar fasciitis in his left foot. The procedure was performed by Dr. Randall Sarte at Healthsouth Surgery Center in Sacramento. Christie is expected to return in four to five weeks

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like we may be seeing quite a bit of young Mr. Martin during the pre-season.

Maybe this put's a little credence into those B-Jax for Desmond Mason rumors I heard. I really wouldn't worry about it though because this procedure pretty much does the trick and get's rid of it.

bibbyweb said:
Yeah its kind of weird why they waited so long. but since it is not a surgery it should be all right
Most likely he took a little time off, after the season, to see if that would alleviate it (usually does) It could have just recently flared up again. Who knows? He should be good to go by opening tip, and resting him during the pre-season will give the coaching staff a better look at guys like Kevin, and players on the bubble.

As long as it isn't a chronic problem for Doug, I look forward to plenty of minutes for Martin and Minard in the preseason.

Last edited:
Ryle said:
Maybe this put's a little credence into those B-Jax for Desmond Mason rumors I heard. I really wouldn't worry about it though because this procedure pretty much does the trick and get's rid of it.
Hadn't heard anything abt that. Do u have some link to that or anything?

Yeah I guess it would be pretty good thing to try out our rookies. But I would have loved to see Christine play. They are having a preseason game in Fresno and I was hoping to watch him play. :)

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Well thi answers the perenial question "Which King will go down first?" Of course this means someone else needs to step up for the anual scrap with LA in preseason... Maybe Brad will have to clock Vlade this time? The important thing is for DC to be in top shape for the season. Heck if he needs to take a few weeks off the first part of the year fine with me.

HndsmCelt said:
Well thi answers the perenial question "Which King will go down first?" Of course this means someone else needs to step up for the anual scrap with LA in preseason... Maybe Brad will have to clock Vlade this time? The important thing is for DC to be in top shape for the season. Heck if he needs to take a few weeks off the first part of the year fine with me.
Don't think that will happen since Vlade is "out indefinitely" with a herniated disc. Karma perhaps?

Well, when I started reading, I was scared that this was going to be about Doug having surgery on his foot. That would be bad news. I'm not worried, the time off will be good for his legs and he isn't going to be hurt by missing out on most/all of the preseason.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
There is no question, at least to me, that Doug waited to have this procedure to see if the time off would allow his plantar to heal. Many times that is all it takes is rest and then strengthening exersices. Now, he has probably been working hard to get into "basketball legs" shape and, unfortunately, it flared up again.

I have been fighting the same thing, off and on, for several months. Just when I think I have licked it, my work has me on my feet for extended periods of time, and it flares up again. I now have a doctor telling my employer that I must be off my feet for awhile. Hopefully, that will work. I do not want to have the procedure, if I can help it.

The weight that I carry around exacerbates the problem (although I have lost 20 lbs since April), and I cannot imagine what it must be like for Doug to run, jump, and pound the bottom of his feet. He had trouble with this last year. Sounds like the rest just wasn't enough. :(

Actually, 6th, that's almost exactly what they said on 1140 about why he waited. They said Doug never takes off completely, but he does cut down on some of the more rigorous aspects, just to have some down time. When he started ramping his activity level back up to get into playing shape, it flared back up again.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There isn't going to be much of a void, and it won't be for very long - if at all. While this does mean Kevin and Ricky will get more of a chance during pre-season, if you figure they're saying Doug will be back within 4 to 5 weeks that means he won't miss much time once the season starts.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Guys, did you note the first line of that article?

"successful extra corporeal shockwave procedure"

Now that sounds like how a sanitation engineer who is member of an indigenous displaced people might describe being abducted by non-terrestrially based sentient beings, but roughly translated I think it means "outside the body", as in NON-surgical, non-invasive, no knifes etc.

In fact if I didn't know better (and I don't) I'd say thay put his foot in a vibrating foot massager and just wanted to make it sound official.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Extracorporeal Shockwave Treatment (ESWT)
Successful. Non-Invasive. Fast Recovery.

Extracorporeal Shockwave Treatment is a non-invasive (no incisions) treatment that involves the delivery of high-energy sounds waves, or acoustical energy, to affected areas of the body to trigger the body’s own natural repair mechanisms and stimulate healing. Approved by the FDA for both Plantar Fasciitis and Lateral Epicondylitis, Extracorporeal Shockwave Treatment (‘extracorporeal’ meaning ‘outside the body’) is a safe and effective outpatient treatment option. This non-invasive procedure eliminates many of the risks associated with conventional surgery, reduces post-operative disability, and promotes faster recovery.
http://www.shockwavesystems.com/

Doug is so tough, he'll be back in the game before you know it. I just hope he lets everything heal completely before starting. I can't wait to see Kevin play though, I have a feeling he's going to be a big surprise. Get better soon Doug!