Donté Greene planning charity basketball game in Sacramento?

Saw him trying to organize this on Twitter yesterday and I was a little concerned that he wasn't trying to include Jimmer and Honeycutt. Was beginning to think about some type of rift or exclusionary attitude amongst the vets. But glad to see they fixed that today. Not in the Davis area, but I would definitely buy a ticket and make my way out there, especially for a charitable cause. And to see my team of course.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Saw him trying to organize this on Twitter yesterday and I was a little concerned that he wasn't trying to include Jimmer and Honeycutt. Was beginning to think about some type of rift or exclusionary attitude amongst the vets. But glad to see they fixed that today. Not in the Davis area, but I would definitely buy a ticket and make my way out there, especially for a charitable cause. And to see my team of course.
He included them in his initial tweet. Part of the problem here is possibly the fact that the lockout has made communication with the rooks harder than communicating with someone who you've been hanging out with for the past three years.

Nov 20th Goon Squad Classic @ UC Davis lets getit #GoKings I gotta see all kings fans there - Isaiah Thomas.

Apparently Jimmer isn't confirmed just yet but loads of others are, Reke, DMC, Hassan, Donte, Darnell Jackson etc etc John Wall and Durant as well maybe.

logo and poster designed by Kevin Flippin

I want to see Bobby Jackson or DC suit up one more time. Someone get on twitter.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

logo and poster designed by Kevin Flippin

I want to see Bobby Jackson or DC suit up one more time. Someone get on twitter.
Since Bobby Jackson is now part of management, I don't think he can play, or talk with any of the players. Nice thought though...

I assume that if the lock-out ends before then, the game would have to be canceled? Unless the Kings owner's allowed it and I would think that might not be too likely?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I assume that if the lock-out ends before then, the game would have to be canceled? Unless the Kings owner's allowed it and I would think that might not be too likely?
It's a charity event with lots of big names. I'm thinking the owners might feel they better not do anything to rock the boat, especially since I'm betting it will be a sellout. I sure wish I could be there...

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Has anyone heard if the game is going to televised, or live streamed? I'd love to go to the game, but its a long drive from baja..

If anybody needs ticket info:

THE GOON SQUAD CLASSIC

• What: A benefit basketball game organized by the Kings' Donté Greene and benefiting his Circle of Success Foundation

• When: Sunday, Nov. 20, 6:30 p.m.

• Where: Pavilion, UC Davis

• Who: Players expected to play include Tyreke Evans, DeMarcus Cousins, Jimmer Fredette and Kevin Durant

• Tickets: $25, $50, $70; on sale Thursday at 10 a.m.; go to tickets.com or call ticket office at (530) 752-1915

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/11/09/4040784/kings-greene-planning-exhibition.html#ixzz1dpHqjnfK

Here's the ticket.com site for ordering tickets the game. http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=TDC&pid=7144693 Order processing and convenience fee added $12 to the ticket price.

You can call the box office or you might be able to just go to the game at still get a ticket. No indicators that it's sold out yet. I may just chance showing up to save that $12.

By the way, note the Jason Thompson will be collecting canned food at the game, too.

Last edited:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
If anybody needs ticket info:

THE GOON SQUAD CLASSIC

• What: A benefit basketball game organized by the Kings' Donté Greene and benefiting his Circle of Success Foundation

• When: Sunday, Nov. 20, 6:30 p.m.

• Where: Pavilion, UC Davis

• Who: Players expected to play include Tyreke Evans, DeMarcus Cousins, Jimmer Fredette and Kevin Durant

• Tickets: $25, $50, $70; on sale Thursday at 10 a.m.; go to tickets.com or call ticket office at (530) 752-1915

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/11/09/4040784/kings-greene-planning-exhibition.html#ixzz1dpHqjnfK

Here's the ticket.com site for ordering tickets the game. http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=TDC&pid=7144693 Order processing and convenience fee added $12 to the ticket price.

You can call the box office or you might be able to just go to the game at still get a ticket. No indicators that it's sold out yet. I may just chance showing up to save that $12.

By the way, note the Jason Thompson will be collecting canned food at the game, too.
Got my 3 tix. I will be going with my son and father-in-law. Looking forward to it!