Domantas Sabonis

Yeah i'm all in like I said in the other thread I cannot beleive Indiana is keeping Turner over him when they just got Goga. I also don't buy this thing that him and Turner cannot play together when Turner is a outside player with some inside ability and Sabonis is the opposite. Maybe he just wants way to much money I'm guessing but worth a look for sure.

Sabonis should be paid a lot. Around 100 mil 4 years. There's no place for another center at Kings. That brings Giles into conversation if there is any. Sabas is 22, he can be brought in as part of the core. Hield and Giles for Sabas and something more, maybe pick.. Harry is unproven and injury prone.. Teams would not give too much for him. That leaves Sac with Fox, Bagley, Sabas, Bogs, Barnes long term

Sabonis should be paid a lot. Around 100 mil 4 years. There's no place for another center at Kings. That brings Giles into conversation if there is any. Sabas is 22, he can be brought in as part of the core. Hield and Giles for Sabas and something more, maybe pick.. Harry is unproven and injury prone.. Teams would not give too much for him. That leaves Sac with Fox, Bagley, Sabas, Bogs, Barnes long term
I read in the Pacer forum Sabonis wanted a minimum of what Turner got which is roughly 18mil per so I don't think it would need to be 100 over 4. If it's 18per over 4 years I'd do Hield/Giles/Bjelica for Sabs/Mcdermott/Leaf. Then once you can trade Dedmon/Ariza I'd try flip them for a solid SG (does not have to be a starter.

*This is all assuming Buddy does not sign

It really seems when Turner or Sabonis don't have to play with one another (one is injured) they thrive, I'm not saying the Pacers will pull the trigger yet but it's something to keep an eye on in the near future.

Man, I would LOVE Sabonis, but I just don't see a trade where this works unless we include a high draft pick which I really don't want to do. Buddy has played poorly enough this year that he's probably lost a ton of a value in any potential trade, especially with that contract. They also already have a ton of guards and wings (Brogdon, Oladipo, Warren, Lamb, A. Holiday, Ju. Holiday, McConnell) so it doesn't make sense anyway. Oladipo especially plays the same position and is one of the best defensive guards in the league.

Now, you look at Bagley and wonder if the Pacers would even be interested in him. Sure, he's still a great prospect, but he's also constantly injured and while there's still more than enough potential there, his play so far hasn't been decidedly overwhelming. The depth behind Sabonis and Turner is definitely lacking, but trading one PF/C for another PF/C doesn't help that. And offering up someone like Giles doesn't sweeten the pot when his option has already been declined.

Like I said, I don't see any way this gets done unless we offer a very high pick or multiple picks.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Man, I would LOVE Sabonis, but I just don't see a trade where this works unless we include a high draft pick which I really don't want to do. Buddy has played poorly enough this year that he's probably lost a ton of a value in any potential trade, especially with that contract. They also already have a ton of guards and wings (Brogdon, Oladipo, Warren, Lamb, A. Holiday, Ju. Holiday, McConnell) so it doesn't make sense anyway. Oladipo especially plays the same position and is one of the best defensive guards in the league.

Now, you look at Bagley and wonder if the Pacers would even be interested in him. Sure, he's still a great prospect, but he's also constantly injured and while there's still more than enough potential there, his play so far hasn't been decidedly overwhelming. The depth behind Sabonis and Turner is definitely lacking, but trading one PF/C for another PF/C doesn't help that. And offering up someone like Giles doesn't sweeten the pot when his option has already been declined.

Like I said, I don't see any way this gets done unless we offer a very high pick or multiple picks.
I don't see Vlade trading Bagley, not after passing on Doncic. To do so would be an admission of a mistake. I think Vlade will ride the Bagley horse until it drops dead, or he does. It's his only chance of proving he made the right choice. That said, I would love to have either Sabonis or Turner, but I don't see where we have the assets to accomplish that. Assets were willing to part with at least. I agree that they have no need for Buddy. The way he's playing, I'm not sure we do either.

I’m positive they’ll keep Sabonis over Turner but I wonder if they’d value Barnes over Buddy considering they have Brogdan/Oladipo. Although I’ve seen Brogdan play SF a lot this year